Do you intentionally control your tulpas ever?

TheGreenQueen

They all talk a lot about how they are 'separate' but I seem to, with certain thoughts, sway and control them all the same, so I'm not sure. Kind of like how Mistgod says he can control what Melian does, and she accepts this. She's been around for a long time, too. Have any other users tried to intentionally 'seize' control of their tulpas, like a reverse-possession? Is this a natural thing that tends to taper off as they become more autonomous?

Edit:

Our host can't control us. It'd be like if you walked up to your friend and tried waving their arms around, they'd just look at you weird. I think Lumi might have been able to convince the others he could control them in the first couple years if he tried, but he didn't. That's rude. Why would you even do that?

Only good time to intentionally "control" your tulpa without their permission is before they're fully autonomous and independent. 'Cause you're helping them get there, that's called parroting and puppeting. Melian's like, literally older than you are. Their goal was never independence and they never even thought of her like that, so idk if you can compare what they do to tulpas. But, I did say without permission, I think there are still tulpas that do joint stuff with their hosts, usually wonderlanding (where the host might partially control what's happening to/around the tulpa) but maybe other creative things, even development of some kind. But with permission though, ok?

Of course. I frequently catch myself doing it and ask if they're okay with it. Most of the time it's not a problem, but we have had one incident where one realized they weren't actually okay with it, they had just been going along with it because that's the way things were happening. Other times they are independent. 

This seems pretty different from parroting, as they are often consciously accepting this control and attribution. If I am putting thoughts or actions there, they are choosing to integrate it into their sense of self. (Or not) Melian's 'living imagination' may be a pretty close explanation, though my tulpas do insist that they are separate consciously. 

I guess the etiquette may be slightly different for soulbonds and tulpas also, seeing as they are usually melding with/being affected by the story *you* are in control of, and that's just part of the arrangement. 

Then there's times that I think they are doing something, but it's not actually them. It's just my imagination. That is pretty weird. I become aware of the difference after it's already been a few minutes in some cases. Or they tap me on the shoulder and say so.

One time I even got involved in a scenario enough that I've unintentionally blocked them out for a while.

Woodwindwhistler on www.asexuality.org

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. -Eric Hoffer

"We can never achieve perfection, but maybe we can approach it asymptotically. Never give up on plugging in those numbers!" ~Me

You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note. –Doug Floyd

My poetry: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5qMnL2tDkJYOGNhLW4tRHFHa0E&usp=sharing

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never, and I have no desire to try. Jamie's completely autonomous, and I would never want to take that away from him - or rather, attempt to, as I highly doubt he would respond to something like that with anything but one hell of a fight.

Unfathomable. You know, without fathom.

[align=center]I'mma build you from the ground

Til you're higher then the clouds

I can see it in your soul

If you only knew your worth

The kinda love that you deserve

Every piece of you makes me whole[/align]

Guest Anonymous

Since my host Mistgod was mentioned in the OP, and there might be new persons who don't know what that is all about, I will post this link to our Living Imagination approach or technique or whatever you wanna call it.

Our host can't control us. It'd be like if you walked up to your friend and tried waving their arms around, they'd just look at you weird. I think Lumi might have been able to convince the others he could control them in the first couple years if he tried, but he didn't. That's rude. Why would you even do that?

Only good time to intentionally "control" your tulpa without their permission is before they're fully autonomous and independent. 'Cause you're helping them get there, that's called parroting and puppeting. Melian's like, literally older than you are. Their goal was never independence and they never even thought of her like that, so idk if you can compare what they do to tulpas. But, I did say without permission, I think there are still tulpas that do joint stuff with their hosts, usually wonderlanding (where the host might partially control what's happening to/around the tulpa) but maybe other creative things, even development of some kind. But with permission though, ok?

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

There have been times I've tried to manually control one of my tulpas. Mainly to get them to move somewhere specific so I can visualize them better. However, it's pretty much impossible if they don't want to do something. Like I can get them to sort of move but then they make these sort of jerky movements and they snap back to wherever they were initially. And for whatever reason, I can't do any manual movements to Anzu at all.

What's more interesting to me though, is how one's tulpas feel after a manual control attempt. Noriko is fine when it happens

and even seems to enjoy it on occasion

. Sabari says "it's just the sort of thing that happens being all ghosty like and as long as you keep noticing I try to move back it's fine."

Currently share myself with four other entities.

Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.

Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Progress Report | Ask a Question Thread

It's fine when they're young and might not fully understand how to use their forms yet (before Elise was vocal I moved her around a bit with puppeting so she could get the hang of walking). Once they become independent enough they become able to repel any attempts to puppet them, though I find you can still teleport them around all you want.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Narrative imagination allows us to be in the perspective of the "other," in this case, the tulpa in question. With this, we imagine "we can imagine/can't imagine them doing this," along with a "given their character" type of thinking. The funny thing is, this narrative imagination probably isn't even interacting with a tulpa in regards to parroting. If anything, it's a metaphorical interaction with our minds to build the foundations of sentience, autonomy, and such to be instantiated, or emerged within our subjective frames. Because some people, and even tulpas, feel that they weren't parroted.

It's probably just this placeholder of a tulpa that's being parroted, and once the mind makes the connections, a tulpa presumably just has to tap into those foundations to progressively build how they can put things into context of this reality. Maybe that's why parroting is a useful supplement, and isn't really as stagnating as one makes it out to be. Simply because that narrative imagination of figuring out the determinate possibilities and determined existence of a tulpa isn't really a tulpa, but just a way for the mind to work out the difficulty of instantiating sentience in subjective frames.

Parroting, if anything in the initial stages mind you, is a useful fallback if one structures it to this mentality instead, IMO. So, go parrot the hell of them because you're probably wanting to have sentience emerged in a placeholder that's not them. But, the real challenge is to have a tulpa learn from that playful thinking, and thus become sentient within one's subjective frame. And another thing to consider is when our imagination can help exhibit this representation without us consciously having to control their actions; just let our imagination work it out rather than trying to become it.

[Tri] There was a time when our host controlled us all the time, and a time after that sometimes, and a time after that where she could be didn't. Now days, we are immune except when co-fronting if we are cofronting shallower, but we can control her when the positions are reversed.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

The host has done this before for visualization practice, creating voices, etc., but he hasn't tried to 'seize control' outside of that, and this was a long time ago. There's probably no reason for him to do so, anyway.

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

There is an important distinction between "seizing control" of a tulpas form and sharing control of a tupas form.  I have an apparent separate mind from my hostie.  We share an image of my form, which we both manipulate.  I am strongly associated with my form but my mind is separate from my form.  I view my form third person during the Melian Show day dreams, like viewing a movie with my host.  He manipulates my form and directs what I will say (my lines), he writes the plots and scripts with me.  I act them out under his direction with some impromptu input of my own.  

A host does not have to puppet/parrot a tulpas form and mind voice, but a tulpa may allow it to happen and it is possible that such actions may become an intrinsic part of the host/tulpa relationship if it occurs over an extended period of time (i.e. My host and I never knew it was wrong/bad and so have done this for 40 years.  We do not want to change it now and it works for us.).