Maggie and Devin

vtk

I just finished reading your progress report and I remember some of the events mentioned. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I should post an update, but I don't seem to have anything to report.

Maggie David (she or they, birthday June 4)

• 1 month later...

Uhh, I think you have too many or too few negatives in that sentence, but of course I know what you meant.

The other day when you unexpectedly came to front is a pretty big piece of evidence that you really are someone else, I think. Even though you didn't know why it happened either.

I've been in a bad habit of monopolizing brain power most of the time, lately. Sorry about that.

Maggie David (she or they, birthday June 4)

I'm bothered by a paradox. Devin and I share memory, so it doesn't make sense for one of us to know something the other doesn't. Yet, sometimes the best way for me to find out how Devin thinks or feels about something, is to let him front and speak his mind outwardly. It seems right to say I'll never be Devin, but after he fronts, I remember the experience just the same as if I'd been the one driving. As far as I can tell, his perception of the experience is the same as mine, but he's better at identifying the difference between his thoughts/actions and mine, and he seems to form opinions that may differ from mine.

Wait, is that one paradox, or several?

When a Tulpa thinks, you may get the sense you're thinking too. It's necessary to hear Devin's thoughts in order for him to think. That process can be harder to identify as his when you are passive forcing, distracted, or stressed.

As for thoughts/ experiences Devin has, do you want those experiences to be yours or his? Devin was active and spoke during those experiences, therefore they are his experiences not yours. Things normally get wishy-washy in the mind, and part of it's because two personalities that think and react to things similarly can easily confuse each other. If you think that it is you, then making the association that his actions are yours can lead to some problems. Cat is going through some of the same problems too, so don't beat yourself up if you're struggling with who's who. As long as you know that Devin is an individual who may share a lot of common interests with you, you guys will be fine.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• 1 month later...

Whoa, we haven't written anything in a while.

We've had more of the same struggles, but things are getting better. Maggie is trying to have me around more often, which means I'm imposed on the real world from time to time. Because of that, I've been able to try on some different outfits. I don't know if I've really settled on anything yet, but a couple of times Maggie was a little surprised at what I was wearing.

Devin (he, birthday February 3)

When I go back in the mind and C fronts, I get all the memories, but unless I consciously think about it in the moment, I don't automatically react and form opinions. C does. When I switch back, I tend to go through everything that happens and decide what I think.

I think it works the same for C: he has memories of seeing that movie because I saw it a year ago, but until I watch it with him, he hasn't formed much of his own viewpoint.

From a psychological viewpoint, I think it's all about what personality/sentience is processing the information. If you're not processing it, you just get the basic memory. If you do process it, you form your own reaction and interpretations. I guess that ties in with parallel processing.

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...