Badging rule

Apollo Fire

I've noticed that there have been a lot of members lately [who do this to tag their tulpa] instead of just writing their name (which I don't get why they do that since this isn't IRC/Discord). The forum has a rule against this, "[badging] {is} -not- \allowed\ |in| /the/ `forums`. Use something like Name: 'Text' instead," but they're not following this rule, and I don't think mods are enforcing it. Is this rule still valid on the forum, or does nobody really care? If it is, it should be enforced. If not, it should be removed. Sorry, I don't mean to sound demanding, this has just been bugging me a bit. There's not much reason for people to use brackets on the forum like that.

Personally, we do [Colored Name] Uncolored text

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

My opinion as a relatively new user: get the account-switching working how it should, and make an effort to inform people how to use it. If systems still want to use a single account, the method recommended in the posted rules is a bit easier to read, versus badging.

Maggie David (she or they, birthday June 4)

You should link some example posts, because I only remember like two in recent history... but I don't know how to find them. So if you do, for example's sake you should put them here. The last I remember, I think, was someone having a self-contained conversation with their own system in a single post. But I'm honestly not sure even that one had badging, so

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Too much fuss and pettiness. Sorry, just our opinion. We see enough petty rules that don't really add value to a site or a place in discord to be honest.

The more petty rules, the fewer the interactions. Some folks DO love all those rules I guess, they must do.

Yuk

And yes, we do expect some fairly heavy disagreement, after all someone thought rules like that were valuable.

There's some pretty gross excessive badging people do. The problem is we can't well separate "excessive badging" from "badging at all" in the rules, so we just opt to none at all. And then, I suppose, we ignore the non-excessive kind. Getting used to that means when someone does do excessive badging, we just think their post looks bad and don't do anything, because of the former leniency.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I think it's easier in forums - folks can just ignore posts they can't be bothered to parse. So there's probably no need for any real heavy handed bad apples rules.

*Bad apples rules: kids at school get punished for the wrongs of one bad apple. Those rules are an extremely bad idea with adults but they're way way common as they are also dead easy. For teachers and online communities.

No, the goal of the rules and regulations on a forum is to make sure it's a pleasant experience to read through/browse. "Just ignore things that aren't good" is a very very bad way to go about it. I'd say that's more your personal philosophy than something that would work for a whole forum.

If you're seeing something that you think the mods are missing, report it so that we can look into it. I read the forums regularly and message people about badges every time I see them, recommending the account switcher or prefixes as alternatives.

I think it's more of an etiquette than a carved-in-stone rule, but yeah. What Vos said.

Host to a sole Parasite, Shade. Research is in progress, will update when something worth showing has been written.

perhaps im the odd one out, but i find simple badging (brackets or "") to be easier to read than "tulpa name: text"

But since i didnt realise this was a rule, ill try to avoid badging in the future (though would an exception be made on progress reports?)

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.