HotsTulp

The Lifetime Tulpa

Ah, a nice breakthrough! I haven't written here much about it, but the core of it is I haven't really ever seen Sharky or Rarity in my dreams. I hadn't really ever given it much thought, but after getting high both last night and tonight, I made a sort of epiphany. Tulpas live almost wholly in your conscious mind. That's how they exist, so at the forefront of your reality that they essentially are your consciousness. But, your mind in particular is allowed to drift into the subconscious to dream. Your mind. Not Rarity, not Sharky, your own mind. That's why they are never in dreams. I'm thinking the solution is to either teach them to dream or, more likely, learn to dream for them, to attempt to pull their own subconscious minds into my own. Would this make the system recursive? I'm not entirely sure. Three-but-one when it comes to minds in the conscious realm should function the same in a subconscious realm. It makes me very excited, because I feel that this is the edge that I've walked up to before but have been too afraid to go over. I'm not so afraid anymore, because it seems all so clearly tied into a simple sub/conscious play more so than anything else. Or at least maybe as a start. There's likely more to it than that. But I've always been one to slowly get into the ocean, acclimating with every slow step, rather than just diving in. 

Tulpamancers used to believe that tulpas were expressions of the subconscious mind, though that idea has mainly fallen by the wayside. I agree that headmates are primarily beings of the conscious mind. Personhood in general seems to me to be mainly a conscious phenomenon.

Vesper and Iris are likely to dream if they spent a lot of time switched in during the previous day. Before that, when we fell asleep, they just stopped. Sometimes I seemed to dream about them, but on waking, the dream characters were obviously not them. But we have made legitimate contact by mindvoice several times now in lucid dreams and even switched a couple of times in lucid dreams.

-Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, Not a Tulpa, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Unseelie Court, Not a Tulpa, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Yeah, the lucid dreaming sounds like a solid path. Bringing that conscious mind fully into a dreamworld. I've been thinking about getting back into lucid dreaming. Did it a lot back in high school, got good at it, then just let it taper off once I started losing track of reality. But I think I'll be better at it this time around.