How can I protect myself from tulpas?

Umyzez

I've got a rather in-depth post on dissipation here.

While the act of choosing to ignore/never bring-to-mind a tulpa again is technically instantaneous, the actual dissipation of a tulpa takes extraordinarily long once they are "well-developed", as in having been active for 2-3 or more years. A year old tulpa, it would really depend on how active they were that year. Anything less is liable to either be dissipated or brought back possibly with slight changes once the host continued forcing.

Most of my “evil” tulpas are almost 2-3 years old like Tiala is. According to your assumptions in your post about dissipation, that for tulpas death is very symbolic and it's quite easy to bring them back (or they can’t actually die), I'm afraid that they can bring her to life on their own and continue to torture her endlessly. And I will not even have the opportunity to learn about this when I try to completely ignore them.  It's as if a person who wanted to save you was in hell and the only way to help her would be to just forget about her until she dissipates herself along with the others. The very thought that I doom her to such an existence drives me crazy.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid that they can bring her to life on their own and continue to torture her endlessly. And I will not even have the opportunity to learn about this when I try to completely ignore them.

They can't do anything at all when they aren't doing anything at all. And when you're not thinking of them, they're not doing anything at all. Your tulpas don't have their own conscious minds, they share the same one you do. If you don't know what they're doing, they aren't doing anything. Only beliefs made up on the spot once they're active can seem like they happened, and those only matter if you believe them in the first place.

Basically you believe a whole bunch of shenanigans are going down in your mind when none of it really is, and that's the only reason it seems real.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

They would need some input from you to keep them going.  They can't do it without you.  So stop giving them anything.  A memory is not a source, only a consiuos act on your part can feed them. Regardless of what they say, they can't control you.  Listen to those like Tewi who have been doing this for longer than you, and have seen this many times.

Tewi's knowledge has been gained through thousands of testimonials, and years of study, as well as personal experiences. A few stray stories are not enough for you to understand. Belief is a strong tool, so believe in the elders of this community like Tewi. Have faith in them, and you will win this war.

I'm no elder. Nobillis is an elder, among others who are no longer here. We have read every on-topic board post on the forum since late 2013 or so, though.

Belief does not need to make sense. It's viable to have beliefs that don't line up with logical explanations, or "science" as it's somewhat incorrectly called here. However, they are the most stable beliefs that can apply to almost anyone. And they will solve the troubles you're currently having.

It's okay to believe in the impossible, or the unlikely, or just what makes sense to you if not others. My advice is only advice. Well-founded advice, but advice nonetheless.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Most of my “evil” tulpas are almost 2-3 years old like Tiala is. According to your assumptions in your post about dissipation, that for tulpas death is very symbolic and it's quite easy to bring them back (or they can’t actually die), I'm afraid that they can bring her to life on their own and continue to torture her endlessly. And I will not even have the opportunity to learn about this when I try to completely ignore them.  It's as if a person who wanted to save you was in hell and the only way to help her would be to just forget about her until she dissipates herself along with the others. The very thought that I doom her to such an existence drives me crazy.

If you wish to force her still, then it isn't torture to revive her and spend time with her. Instead, I have the feeling she would rather be alive and hang out with you than not. Some other responders gave some really good creative ideas on how to keep the others at bay, and it will be easier to forget them if you spend more time only focused on Tiala.

In all honestly, you are the one being tortured here, and it isn't unusual for a host and their Tulpa to work out a way out of the host's personal hell. It's not fun and it's hard work, but in the end it is incredibly rewarding and you will find a sense of inner peace (and in your case, either dissipation and or resolution).

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Huh, Interesting, So you have an old tulpa that is plotting to take over as far as "killing" you? I mean, I do not know how they can pull that off but hey all I can say is that you have much power over them, show them who's in charge, gotta show that dominancy. Also, this is the first time I've heard that a tulpa killing off your other tulpa withought you knowing. Usually, they do not have the power to do that unless you grant them to and believing your tulpa is gone.

I've had my fair share of Malicous entity who plot is to take over my body and my life, although it isn't as extreme as yours. It wasn't pleasant, almost made me give up tulpancy in general and almost submitting to its desires to kill my current tulpa but you need to realize that you need to get a grip of yourself and stand your ground, that's how I dealt with mine. it made me learn something from "vengful headmates". I've learn how to give them respect, respect and acceptance.

You treat them as an enemy and they will treat you back the same, If you give them space and respect, then they will likely give it back. That's how I turned my Invasive malicious entity into one of my best of partners.

Hello! I am nihi, i have 3 tulpas

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry

O.k., a few points.

The British Medical Society recommends treating a seemingly malicious voice with respect. This has in many cases been shown to calm them.

I have extensively researched the destruction of tulpas and it literally is true that only a born-human can destroy a tulpa. (In every single case of tulpa destruction I researched, this was the facts.) The worst a tulpa can do to another is send them to sleep.

Yes, I have some kind of mess with these voices. Is the only way to get rid of tulpas - it is just to ignore them? On the other hand, is there any difference between the techniques to “defend against the tulpas” and “attack”?

Ranger Wrote: In all honestly, you are the one being tortured here, and it isn't unusual for a host and their Tulpa to work out a way out of the host's personal hell. It's not fun and it's hard work, but in the end it is incredibly rewarding and you will find a sense of inner peace (and in your case, either dissipation and or resolution).

It really looks like hell. However, all these tips give hope. As if you were given a chance to stop this nightmare. But still, every day becomes a big challenge for me.

Huh, Interesting, So you have an old tulpa that is plotting to take over as far as "killing" you? I mean, I do not know how they can pull that off but hey all I can say is that you have much power over them, show them who's in charge, gotta show that dominancy. Also, this is the first time I've heard that a tulpa killing off your other tulpa withought you knowing. Usually, they do not have the power to do that unless you grant them to and believing your tulpa is gone.

Perhaps you are right, I had such power from the beginning, but I did not think that my enemy would be alive, and that I should develop it throughout all these years, like him. During this time they prepared, specially created other tulpas, so that it would be more difficult for me to get rid of and resist them. Bring the level of combat when you are fighting with already developed tulpas.

You see, I think they can hurt each other, maybe not in the physical sense. In their mindspace, the main role is played by willpower and how long you can save your rendered picture. Thus, if you are strong enough in this you can impose your visualization on another person and this will be a reality for him. (And in it he will be able to take damage, for example, as in an answer to this post. https://community.tulpa.info/thread-i-need-help--10959) When they attacked us, we tried to defend ourselves, but that did not help. She said that the evil tulpas were well trained to develop this ability. They used symbolism and imagination power when attacked. 

And this is really the power with which they are considered, because it hurts them, too. But I cannot use it against them. If I begin to develop the visualisation techniques, it will lead to the fact that I will begin to sense their visual manifestations and become vulnerable to their attacks. I don't know how to counter them, except how to ignore them. Furthermore, there are more than 5 of them it will not be an equal fight.

Before they betrayed us (~ 3 years), we had a good relationship, but it all turned out to be a lie. After what they did to her, it became clear that they would not stop at anything. I can no longer treat them differently.

• 4 weeks later...

It will be a symbolic post, something like “Progress Report”.

-These few weeks have not been easy. They are trying in every way to attract my attention to themselves, sometimes they just scoff or check if I hear them. From the day they betrayed us, the nightmares do not leave me, they all have a symbolic meaning, somehow reflecting the realities of the events that are happening now. One more thing, it concerns the possession; it seems I notice traces of their activity. Sometimes I wake up at night because of the occasional trembling of limbs. As if they are now at the level of "move your fingers."  (Sounds a little crazy, huh?)

-They tried to attack, this is accompanied by anxiety and the manifestation of uncontrolled imagination. (In the form of the fact that the main evil tulpa is trying to kill you. In addition, something like muscle trembling. (It’s rather my imagination, but still.) It’s easy to protect against if you don’t focus on it. Attempts to attack the tulpas lead to abnormal heart function and a state resembling an anxiety. I can empathically feel them, but their defense is still very strong. I must either block them or find a way to weaken them. They cannot harm me directly, but this fact does not stop them.

-Recently, I noticed a strange effect: the body became felt differently: trembling hands, random finger movements. At this time, the tension in specific areas of the body was really felt. They seem to be trying to wrest control out by force. So far they are just learning. Nevertheless, they managed to cause random movements of the limb, which resembled convulsions. Like "move your arms". Attacks last the third day.

- So, I manage to ignore them by 90% (including “imagination attack”), but this "possession attack " is really something new. The feeling that I have to do something does not leave me. If all this nonsense is due to the tulpas, then I need to find a way to get rid of their influence.