general rules of thumb...

solarchariot

Vesper said "frequency" as an analogy, not referring to actual brain waves. What I was doing wrong was subjectively as different from right as sliding a card between two pages of a closed book and sliding the same card between the adjacent two pages. It's as if a manual radio tuning knob were bumped by too small an amount to see, but still changed the setting so that the station you want no longer plays.

One thing we really should have mentioned and forgot to was that we had horrible insomnia prior to those first three major dropouts.

Biofeedback techniques might still be very useful in tulpamancy. Actual brainwaves are not something I know anything about.

However, as someone who, once upon a time, was also working on a PhD in physics, I assure you, SC, that things do fall much more slowly on the Moon than on Earth. Everything falls at the same much slower rate, so a hammer and a feather would hit at the same time. The acceleration equation is the same, but the value of "g" is different in the equation. Walking is very awkward and very slow in lunar gravity because walking is controlled falling and all of the falling is much slower.

When Alan Shepard hit the golf ball, its velocity was due to the momentum transferred from the golf club, which in turn was propelled by muscle contractions, not gravity. It went much higher and further than it would have from the same swing on Earth, due to the low gravity and lack of air resistance, but its departure velocity was not influenced by gravity.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how this was an attempt at discussing general rules of thumb in tulpamancy, but then didn't make it past the first "rule" before becoming a discussion thread for the very first proposition lol.

You don't have to, but consider changing the thread name to represent this? Also, there's nothing stopping you from making the same intended thread again once this is done..

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

well, I do have some ideas... but I thought I would see how this took, or if anyone added some, as opposed to having thirty threads with their own individual rules... I think as we identify rules I will add a list...

One of my rules isn't stated in the form of a rule yet. Like I am anti- 'clear your mind' kind of edicts. Cultivating a listening mind is not an empty mind. Yeah, if I am talking over someone I am not listening, so 'quieting' the mind is a thing, but it's not like you won't continue with continuity of mind... that is also the common misperception about meditation; the goal is to be focused, not empty...

So I added rule two... And rule 2 should have some huge debate in and of itself. I think this approaches a level of imagination that touches on spirituality, personal growth, and health- in a very transpersonal way. I think it gets at the heart of narrative therapy, and is absolutely the essence of Jung's 'Red Book.'

I think people fail to appreciate how crucial imagination is to human health and how under employed it is. Tulpamancy engages it and takes it to superior levels. Saying this isn't me saying 'tulpas' are imagination... or fake. I am saying that imagination is the very essence in which we live and thrive, the equivalent of water for fish.

Your rules seem very system-specific, they don't come off as "rules of thumb."

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

I dunno, imagination is fundamentally how most of tulpamancy works. But it does feel like such a "Well, duh" thing that it's not worth saying. Like, "receiving visual information through your eyes is a fundamental part of living life" kind of "Well, duh". It could be noted in some way some where, but as a "general rule of thumb"?

Perhaps "general rules" are so hard to come by in tulpamancy we really do have to get that basic?

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I know just one: Love each other.

More than a feeling or mental state, by love I mean an enduring commitment, the preservation of which is its own goal.

So, even if you don't always get along, or if there are days when you're tired or bored with one another, you'll remember and honor that bond. Not so loose as a promise, and not so formal as a contract, but somewhere in between.

I think you'll be fine if you have that.

Your thinking needs a readjust; total concentration is a must.

-Zecora

Imma Reportin Mah Progress!

And, please, call me Sparks.

I know just one: Love each other.

More than a feeling or mental state, by love I mean an enduring commitment, the preservation of which is its own goal.

So, even if you don't always get along, or if there are days when you're tired or bored with one another, you'll remember and honor that bond. Not so loose as a promise, and not so formal as a contract, but somewhere in between.

I think you'll be fine if you have that.

I like that. I am so open to that being a rule... But how do we construct a statement that doesn't come off new ageish, or hippie peace love... I am advocate for both by the way... And, since engaging tulpamancy, I think my ability to experience and transmit love has increased exponentially. But I didn't start tulpamancy to find love. Okay, well, that may not be a hundred percent true... Yeah, it may even be completely false, with caveats...

to your argument, 'your rules seem system-specific..' Umm, could you elaborate further? I am not invalidating it, but I don't seem to be able to argue precisely against it. I do want rules that are generaly applicable to all, but accept most rules have some exceptions... I think Lumi echoed this, maybe this rule is so fundamental it is overlooked... I imagine the people who read tulpamancy and said not for me may be less likely to engage 'imagination' in out of the box sort of ways. We are out of the box. I am definitely elevating the word imagination to hold much more significant meaning than the traditional... I would say tulpamancy is Einsteins 'thought experiment.' I would say it is transpersonal psychology, however trhis means something so specific to me i don't want to use it because this does feel system-specific; most tulpamancers aren't going into the practice to explore consciousness and unusual therapeutic practices. Actually, that could be a rule a thumb, considering how many of us seem to have a past with depression and or loneliness issues... but i have held it off as a rule of thumb.

Lumi, maybe the premises need to be so ridiculously simple to construct a good base???

I like how this was an attempt at discussing general rules of thumb in tulpamancy, but then didn't make it past the first "rule" before becoming a discussion thread for the very first proposition lol.

You don't have to, but consider changing the thread name to represent this? Also, there's nothing stopping you from making the same intended thread again once this is done..

On the contrary, I think it's a good thing this thread is a "general discussion" thread. If each rule sparks a bunch of debate, then that's a good thing in my eyes.

I dunno, imagination is fundamentally how most of tulpamancy works. But it does feel like such a "Well, duh" thing that it's not worth saying. Like, "receiving visual information through your eyes is a fundamental part of living life" kind of "Well, duh". It could be noted in some way some where, but as a "general rule of thumb"?

Perhaps "general rules" are so hard to come by in tulpamancy we really do have to get that basic?

There was a guy who wrote down all of the "duh" simple rules about money and trade. He became the father of economics.

Rule 2- Engaging imagination is a fundamental aspect of tulpamancy, necessary for initial engagement and continuation. Saying this may seem like 'well, duh!' but I am thinking this is more relevant than just visualizing, being inventive, and engaging.

I wonder what the minimum amount of imagination looks like for Tulpa creation...

For example, a Tulpa could be created without a form, with the same mindvoice as the host, and without a wonderland. A Host doesn't even have to believe they are talking to another person, as long as they treat the Tulpa like they are a person creation will occur. Emotions are not technically necessary here either. In this case, someone without much imagination in general could end up creating a Tulpa.

Does it require imagination to treat a voice like a person?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

If you define imagination as the brain's ability to create and experience things/thoughts without external stimuli, then yes you "imagine" a voice I'd say. But also yes, it can get very basic if the host isn't even considering the not-quite-their-own voice as a tulpa. A voice in your head commenting on basic things/thoughts is.. Possibly still the mechanics behind "imagination" but not what most people would call imagination. Then again, "Imagining voices" is applicable.