Could technological advances make tulpae obsolete?

Dear One

So I recently happened upon a

that I think many of you will find interesting. Now obviously the technology is in its infancy, but I could see this technology advancing far enough in the near future that an individual would be able to see an extremely realistic looking person, animal, etc., with a good enough A.I. that makes you forget that it's just a program. Potentially, advances in technology could permit this program to have access to our thoughts just like a tulpa would, but I don't see that happening for many years.

So what do you guys think? Will technology eventually make getting a tulpa-like being so simple that spending time tulpa forcing will be seen as a waste?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the future, I'm very sure personal HUDs will be commonplace, as popular as smartphones are today. So of course you'll see programs like the one you linked emerging for them.

Hardly close to tulpas though. Just an overlay with a poor AI.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Oh my god

Why can some of you guys not get why monks conceived of this

Tulpae aren't just for companionship but self-enlightenment, if you just want to fuck your waifu you may as well smoke some weed and get a body pillow.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

Oh my god

Why can some of you guys not get why monks conceived of this

Tulpae aren't just for companionship but self-enlightenment, if you just want to fuck your waifu you may as well smoke some weed and get a body pillow.

Not sure if you know, but I'm probably sure not everyone is trying to get enlightened. Also that's not the point of this thread.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

Not sure if you know, but I'm probably sure not everyone is trying to get enlightened. Also that's not the point of this thread.

But that's one of the perks of tulpae, learning about yourself and how you work. Like again if you didn't want that I don't see what's really stopping anyone from getting a body pillow. But if one were more interested in an AI than their own thoughts than I don't see why one would post this here when you could discuss it on a programming-related website. Actually the OP's post is talking about technology that just hardly exists as a proof of concept right now so it's even more silly.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

Tulpas are meant to be sentient and to grow and change as any other living being would. Technology would have to first be able to perfectly replicate a human being before it could replicate a tulpa. But by the time we reach that level of technological advancement, what won't be obsolete? Aside from that, if given the option, I might go for traditional forcing, anyways, cause I just do these things.

I'm with Bin on this one.

An abstract, all-encompassing love is still a love, nonetheless.