Can tulpas be hypnotized?

That's an interesting question - I don't see why not. I'd say a definite yes, though I'm not sure what exactly it would accomplish

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

@ghost kid Why would hypnotizing a tulpa be meta? Without that information, I worry I'll give an inaccurate answer

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Of course. Now, shall we break down hypnosis, because that's a loaded word. There is clinical hypnosis, there is stage hypnosis, and there is brainwave/conscious state that is identified as hypnosis like. As you're drifting to sleep, you pass through that hypnotic state. Hypnogogic imagery is connected to that state. If you have ever been to the theatre and found yourself so absorbed in the movie that you forgot you were in a chair with others sharing the theatre, you were hypnotized. If you ever drove from point a to point b and didn't remember the journey, you were on autopilot- or, hypnosis. If you were ever stopped at a red light and someone had to beep their horn to get you aware that light was now green... That's hypnosis. The language we use to tell our stories, scaffold our emotions, hypnosis. The absence of words, meditative calm... hypnosis.

In short, consciousness is a continuum of degrees of awareness. If Tulpas are sentient, aware, they are capable of being hypnotized. I am in the tulpas are sentient group. 

• 1 year later...