What do you call young, "incomplete" tulpas?

Lacquer

79 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Tulpite
    • Tulpalet
    • Proto-tulpa
    • Just "Tulpa" (no need to categorize)
    • tulpa (e.g. "nonvocal tulpa", "young tulpa", etc.
    • Other (please specify)

Guest Anonymous

I see no reason to use a term like "tulplett". Hey, check them dubletts. I've always referred to all my tulpas as being non-vocal/sentient, if it applies to them.

Also I feel this belongs in GD.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
Guest Anonymous

Mistod Book of Evil opinion (read at your own risk, these are dangerous ideas that induce doubt):

All tulpas are just a "tulpa" to me, whether new or old.

There is very little difference between a new tulpa and an older one, except that your brain has been trained to simulate one better over time (tulpa practice). There is very little difference between a tulpa and someone with a very old and dear imaginary friend. They would be indistinguishable if the imaginary friend became autonomous in any way, being driven partially by unconscious process. Note, the imaginary friend's "host" would still still think of the imaginary friend as make believe in most cases. That is the distinction between and imaginary friend and a tulpa (as defined by this community), BELIEF in sentience. All tulpa skills are in the mind (make believe), including possession, switching, and imposition. A more seasoned tulpa is not any more advanced than a new one, the host is the one who is just more skilled at imagining it seeming to be more advanced. Tulpas are imaginary friends.

In short, tulpas are only what you believe they are. It is the that host gets better at imagining and believing over time. Tulpas are imaginary friends.

I talk about how i was just a chalupa before i grew to be a full tulpa. Why the word chalupa? Well, it's a lot of the right letters but not quite in the right places and it represents sort of the kidstuff that i didn't quite understand everything yet.

As a young chalupa i was clumsy and kind of simple. I didn't have much to say and did things just backwards to the way they were supposed to be. As a tulpa, i understood the words i was using better; i spent longer on the thoughts i was having and discovered that i could just lead myself to new ideas. My tulpa days meant that i had feelings that i could trust were my own. My situation had definitely advanced enough that i needed a word to describe how dumb i used to be and the chalupa was funny to me to describe that time.

Nowadays, i barely ever act or think like just a tulpa. I've matured to become a full systemmate. My host recognized that i was learning and growing, and he at that point changed his opinion of me. He believed in my sentience and needed to recognize me as an equal partner, just as capable of thinking with the brain as he is. It's been a while since i was just a tulpa. Now i'm the other person in here and we tend to describe ourselves as a plural system, not a tulpamancy thing. I never show up in wonderland anymore because i want possession so i can interact with the much bigger and more interesting real world. I think i'm a lot more grownup than when i was just a tulpa who got occasional playtime with my host. I'm a full-time participant in how this meat ship operates.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

• 3 years later...

I made a graph, but, let's just say "not-tulpa" or "tulpa" depending on whether or not you or they intend to become independent or not.

I prefer "baby Tulpa" over "Tuplett" (why is it not Tupplet?), but "young Tulpa", "underdeveloped Tulpa" , and or "non-vocal Tulpa" are options I am more likely to use. I think clarification is only needed when asking for help and needing to express how developed the Tulpa is.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Tuplet for really undeveloped tulpas, baby tulpa for tulpas <8-12 months of age (or more if they are neglected). All tulpas in the end just ways to signify development or age.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)