Jean-luc's super-simple guide to a talking tulpa (No personality required!)

jean-luc

Can you elaborate? How exactly am I supposed to "direct" my thoughts to them?

Um-m... Think about them as you think, i guess.

現実に抗え!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

So, ya, made a few edits.....

What happened?

Why edit it?

What makes you think personality is a vital step?

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Oh, and also a question - what do you mean "do a very monotonous task while in your wonderland"? In which way will it help? Can you write a little more about this, please?

We have exactly same problem - Yami is not vocal enough to lead conversation and i'm... Just too socially awkward to do it.

Sorry, your question kinda slipped under the radar.

For some reason (I don't really know why) a repetitive, simple task (like painting a wall) really helped my mind to wander and find random things to talk about. It might be just me though.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

• 5 months later...

There was a guide here once, it's gone now.

This isn't a guide anymore. That's why I won't approve it as it's more of an opinion and a cautionary tale that explains why jean-luc thinks that way. If this thread should be spared, move it to General Discussion. This section isn't the right one for it.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Personality IS required

Ok so that's kinda vague, lemme try to explain:

A personality doesn't just pop up out of nowhere (sadly) so you can't be lazy about it! Otherwise you end up with a half-sentient/half-parroted tupper, see here

There are different methods actually. Some say that you should not give your tulpa a personality and people have gotten full tulpas avoiding doing that, not I agree it's wrong to work on their personality.

But I'm not surprised if someone was stuck for long with a half one.

My lip hurts.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, this isn’t a guide anymore. Disapproved, and it’s not like personality is something that has to be done consciously all the time. It’s common logic that the mind would “fill in the blanks.”