IRC chat [badges]

Chupi

Policy on badges on #tulpa.info?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Policy on badges on #tulpa.info?

• Ask users to remove them in all cases
    • Allow badges for tulpas who are available to chat, but not for nonvocal or away ones
    • Allow all badges

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Badges are retarded and people only use them so others know who direct their precious attention toward.

How do people not see this.

I'm not seeing your point.

Maybe I just haven't been here long enough.

Don't worry, Spartanelete, I haven't seen a good point to the whole thread, and I've been around the block enough.

(9)

My tulpa and I both agree: Only Vocal tulpas should be allowed to have badges, and only if they're going to talk in the chat. Furthermore, one-letter badges are stupid, and they should be changed to something more informative, like an actual name.

HOWEVER:

I honestly didn't know they were called badges until the OldMembers started complaining about it.

And if you're so eager to play the 'What kind of X does/is/has Y?' card, then Riddle Me This: What kind of Community has four, five, six tops... only six "Real" "Veteran" OldMembers who have been here for a long time, and over 300 "New attention-whores"? When the old members think of new members as annoying attention-seeking noobs to be brushed off, things are going wrong. One might say it's the Brotherhood of Steel all over again, if that one likes Fallout, and doesn't suck at Fallout, and hasn't already died before they got to the part with the Brotherhood of Steel.

I'm not saying that there aren't attention-whores out there, who will pretend to have sixteen tulpas to grab attention. However, I haven't seen any. Give me some links, and then I'll know for sure- The worst possible thing is there. But what about those that are not the worst possible thing? What about the normal new people, who see a Tulpa Badge and assume it's what they're supposed to do?

If I suddenly drop out of Chat, it means I was on my old and unreliable laptop. Was. PM me instead, because I can reply to PMs using my 3DS, but it can't use Chat.

Progress Report

That made me laugh. Then I cried because I realized it was true.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

"That would be funny... If it weren't so sad."

-GlaDOS.

If I suddenly drop out of Chat, it means I was on my old and unreliable laptop. Was. PM me instead, because I can reply to PMs using my 3DS, but it can't use Chat.

Progress Report

• 7 months later...
Guest Anonymous

To be frank, the assertion that my (or any) tulpa is an attention whore because she would prefer to use her name alongside mine -- The one her friends know her by -- is arrogant, offensive, and demeaning. Should everyone use generic usernames too then. How about we all use the default tulpamancer|????? with random numbers and never really know who anyone is? I don't think many would be happy with that solution.

I won't disagree names like "Host[A]{B}|C|-D-/E/" are annoying especially when tulpas B,C,D, and E never speak, but to accuse people of being attention whores for those that do speak wanting others to know who they are is frankly ridiculous. YOU try living virtually alone in someone's mind and then be told you're an attention whore because you want people to know your name when speaking with them.

That being said, we generally only badge when either of my girls are actively speaking, or when they are actively watching or looking for people to talk to.

I do not even understand why this is a big deal. It is annoying, yes, but it harms nobody in the long run. Most of the time looking at the nick list in #tulpa and other channels, the number of people with active badges tends to be relatively low. I do not feel it should be restricted at all, but would be okay with a nick -length- restriction, or with badging only active tulpas since that's all I do anyways.

Guest SeikoNya

Well, badges did help me a little because people sometimes said hello or ask questions to my tulpa, which helps me to keep the constant attention towards her, because I've been having problems with that... Also it helps to see who acutally has a vocal tulpa so we can ask questions.

I don't find them too bad to the point where it gets annoying, a simple nickname lets say... up to 6 letters I wouldn't mind.

But when it gets to the point where alot of people has a fully developed tulpa, that would make the chat quite messy ._.