Pleeb

Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Eh, due to the way thought and ideas work, the only real way we can tell that a person is crazy is that they have different thoughts and ideas than ourselves. Maybe we are the crazy ones and they are the sane ones? There is absolutely no way to prove this either way.

I apologize. Context wasn't provided with this statement... We've had a tendency to see labels as flexible (i.e. meaning > symbol) and have had the tendency to alter definitions of common words to provide a narrative that isn't completely unlivable...

Crazy (according to me) translates either into "wild!", "unbelievable!", and "amazing!" ...or it translates into a narrative/perceptual construct that is overly harmful and unreasonably dangerous.

But yes! You are so right tulpa001! And we've personally experienced how incredibly disarming it is to see that 'crazy' is just some subjective narrative that cannot be dictated by anyone outside of the discussion (...unless we allow it on some level). It used to be intense in the past, but nowadays, there is less judgement directed upon the other and there is more reflection about the judgments upon the 'self'... We take responsibility for our individual past actions and for our experiences (i.e. interpretations), and then we talk with each other and see where we want to go from here.

...I'm not sure how other pluralities handle it, but it just seems like common sense and attentive observation for the most part... If a way of viewing things isn't working out (unlivable stress of the emotional kind, for example) why not make that view a view of the past? "That is how I ONCE saw the situation and how things have to be - but it doesn't feel good and I don't need any other reason to reject it and re-write it other than this, so here we go now - Geronimo!!"

So, eh, welcome to the family!

You are probably not technically a tulpa due to being very likely an original thoughtform alongside your host. But, don't let that stop you from hanging out here please. :)

You should definitely check out the other multiplicity websites as well if you haven't already.

Huzzah!! Thank you! May we be as gracious to you and this community as you have been to us. :-D

...Typical we don't fit in though. Always the misfits of misfits.

Heh. Please forgive us. I tried to leave that out but he wanted his say and I think it's fair enough... We're allowed to express our feelings - as long as we understand they are passing things and that fixation/attachment on one is generally "not a good time"...right Kai? ;-)

And I personally agree with your observations... We have been using 'tulpa' tentatively as a definition for 'person without a body within a body', but it's only because we're really new to all this terminology so we've been creating our own and winging it (...like we usually have to end up doing if we want to have any kind of sense to the narrative of our co-existence).

Any recommendations? We're still pretty new to this concept being accepted as a community thing... :-o

You don't sound like a demon... In fact, you sound like an angel to me.

Thank you for that. She needed to hear it. :-)

Hello! Hi! Welcome!

I think that's pretty basic actually. Psychologists will talk about belief in things without reason. (innumerable exceptions, including all mainstream religions and anything related to culture or tradition). Basically what they mean is can't tell the difference between fact and fiction.

But I think it is even more basic than that. Going by my host's philosophy: "If it works, it's real, if it don't it's not. If it neither works nor don't, then it is untestable, the point is moot, and you shouldn't be asking the question in the first place."

Aloha too! Why didn't I think of that?? :-D

And totally!! We've found an amazing freedom in the statement you just made - one we obviously reached on an individual but parallel position from you!! Isn't life amazing like that?? Validations galore!! :-D

Sorry, my turn - philosophy was mentioned. :-)

...I apologize in advance if I offend, but I only wish to clarify what you mean in that last statement...

How can something be untestable? According to our experiences, anything is testable... If it works, it's "real" - if it doesn't work, it's a developing idea that needs TLC and re-structuring...

The real 'quest' for me/us (at this point, at least) is to uncover the ideas that are still developing and calling a spade a spade... One of the reasons why I feel like we're in this collective crisis-level predicament (on a massive massive world-wide scale) is because of our unwillingness to confront the systems that are truly in need of TLC and re-structuring... Rather than admit the truth, we (as humanity) have collectively had the tendency to falsely claim a situation as "workable" when, in fact the situation is deteriorating and reaching crisis levels (once again) at an alarming rate...

...Because the situation we're all facing is a subjective one, this isn't something that can be 'healed' with a passing of laws, a changing of governments, or anything being forced upon others externally... It's something that we have to accept on an individual basis... I would even gosofar as to say between tulpa and host too... But that's a truly beautiful thing that most human relationships lack nowadays: a true sense of connection and inter-dependency... Someone will go off and make the rest of the world "wrong" so that they themselves can be "right" and cannot see how it affects not only themselves but the entirety of everything... At least in a plural system, the consequences are directly "in your face" and are nigh (but not completely) impossible to ignore... For this alone (and by far and large extended), I am more grateful to Aya than I can ever put into words... My tenacious tenacity toward revealing the foundational truth often has led me to dark alley ways that have colored my perspective in less-than-rose colored glasses, and it has only been through her constant companionship and willingness to live and die with me that has allowed me to believe even a smidgen of what she has to say about me...

All good things! ...With proper context! *grins*

So yes, thank you tulpa001, you are a very generous host (in more ways than one!!)... Um, I apologize for us not knowing names or labels here yet, so we're just going to go with user names for now and you can straighten us out later. ;-)

...BTW, what type of thought-form relationship would you consider Aya and I have...?

)v( = Kai =

I am the original host consciousness... Please be kind and gentle with me. ^_^;;

}^{ = Aya =

honestly, i dunno WHAT i am exactly... i'm also not a big fan of labels. ;-D

]|[ = Akaiya =

Our agreement to co-operate and live life sustainably (i.e. we're in this together or not at all).

...Typical we don't fit in though. Always the misfits of misfits.

I promise you no. Maybe here demographically, but not in general. I know of lots of people in your situation. Only I think one other personally, I think. They hang out here.

Any recommendations? We're still pretty new to this concept being accepted as a community thing... :-o

Tulpa.io is better than this site for exploring the intersection of tulpamancy and plurality. Most of the other good plurality sites are members only so I don't know what goes on there.

https://tulpa.io/other-resources

How can something be untestable? According to our experiences, anything is testable... If it works, it's "real" - if it doesn't work, it's a developing idea that needs TLC and re-structuring...

More things are untestable than testable. Such is the strange nature of infinity. The halting problem provides a good view of this phenomenon if you have looked at it.

One of the most common things put forward as an example of an untestable thing is God themself. Controversial for obvious reasons as it may be. This issue is the reason why religion is an exception as a measure of sanity. Religions always emphasize some form of belief without reason. For at least some of their beliefs. But if psychologists started calling that crazy, there'd be no one left.

About the restructuring, you know what I mean. If one design does not work, you throw it out and replace it. If a system has an error in it, then the system does not reflect reality until the error is fixed.

I advise moving more philosophy discussion out of the welcome thread, though. The lounge may be appropriate.

you are a very generous host

...I'm not a host. Hello, my name is Tulpa. I'm a tulpa.

I won't guess as to the labels best for you at this time. But they are just labels.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Hello! Most people shorten my chosen username to Cryptic, so that's what I've been going by for a while now. I was directed here by a friend of mine after discussing an experience from a few years ago. Long story short, I may have created a tulpa without knowing what I was doing, thinking I was just pretending. She disappeared after I decided to stop pretending and I've been missing her ever since. So, I'm hoping to bring her back, or if I can't, to create a new tulpa.

Long story short, I may have created a tulpa without knowing what I was doing, thinking I was just pretending. She disappeared after I decided to stop pretending and I've been missing her ever since. So, I'm hoping to bring her back, or if I can't, to create a new tulpa.

Certainly not a unique experience. I hope she comes to you quickly. Try going to the wonderland and interacting with the environment: that was how I found my host.

Hi, my name is Foxglove (aka Chhaya on Discord) and I've known about Tulpas for a long time. My Tulpa is Atreyu, and we've been a duo for a good long while. He kind of came to be as a tell-all companion (I was a weird kid with no one I really trusted enough to unload). I was very much into Neverending Story movie and book (age seven or so) and I loved the character of Atreyu, and so slowly I focused out a companion based on him.. a magical kid who could get all sort of stuff and never tell :smile: With time he took on a personality of his own, grew more rounded. We had a rocky road later on, but I got really into metaphysicall stuff in high school and energy work..and so Atreyu (he has a real name, but likes to use this one as a nod to his origin) stepped up as a guide and gained even more fleshiness and made a huge impact on my growth. For about 3 or so years now we became a bit distant.. and I had a big hole left and so I started "luring" him back.

i was reading on all sorts of stuff when I saw a TULPA thread on reddit and took it as a nudge and was really inspired how hard people worked on and with their tulpas, so now we're working and getting strong again.. This is a huge amount of text XD

“Nothing is lost. . .Everything is transformed.”

Ello, My name is Zyglotop (Or Zycrash, Zytrax,... The list goes on and on) and I've just recently been told by a friend about tulpas, which lead to the revelation that I maybe created a tulpa unintentionally. Atm I'm desperately trying to get a clear response from my tulpa, problem is that I'm very uncertain if he/she/it really exists, and whenever I think I hear the tulpa say something I immediately jump to the conclusion that I'm parroting. I hope this forum can help me get clearance and can forgive my crude english ^^'