Chat Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well no, Lyra's handwriting is godawful, just not as bad as that usually.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

I have, yeah. I'm actually really enjoying it. I think it has some of the wittiest writing in a long time, and I'm really enjoying how slice of life it is. Only one or two episodes I haven't totally enjoyed, so far, which is more than could be said about seasons five and six. Which I still enjoyed, mind you. I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to ponies, tbh.

What about you, jean, how's S7 treating you so far?

I'm absolutely loving it, particularly the Luna/Celestia episode, that one I had to pause every 30s to laugh, it was great. Damn Canada TV though, broadcasting episodes early and then hiatus, I dunno how long I can survive without a new episode.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

The logo does look a bit different, doesn't it? Huh. And yeah, I was kind of expecting the first two episodes to be a two-parter, especially given how the preview for S7 gave the idea that the episode would have a totally different tone, but I'm kind of glad we got that Trixie/Starlight episode immediately after, really enjoyed that one.

Also yeah, the pre-release broadcasts were a mistake to watch, I saw episode 11 a couple weeks ago, then hiatus starts Saturday, I guess. And it looks like a

Discord

episode, which I'm absolutely never fond of, so that's even more of a bummer for me.

Anyone have much experience with delidding CPU's? I'm maybe looking to grab a 7700k in a month or two and it looks like stock temps even with AIO coolers are absurdly high, not even considering overclocked temps (the chip tends to be capable of 4.9-5.1 or so in a lot of peoples experiences) staying in the 80-90c range under load. Lotta people report 15-25 or so drops in general after delidding and applying a better cooling solution, but I'm not sure I trust myself to mess with a $329 chip without some input.

Tell me about it. Turns out temps as high as 98c and similar aren't even unheard of, or as uncommon as they should be, lately. Sure, the alternative is just not OC'ing, but why the fuck sell chips with that little 'k' at the end if you're gonna do everything in your power to keep people on stock? I'd really like to switch over to Ryzen, but I can't really compromise on single-core performance, considering how NV is hard-locked to two cores, and I'm still playing that with no end in sight. Unoptomized bullshit is what it is, but fuck if I don't love it, and wouldn't spend all the money in the world to make it run flawlessly.

Maybe after the recent heat over their new lineup, and AMD's ruthless competition lately, we'll see some actual progress in the next two or three years.