Camwoodstock

Is it okay to channel a developing tulpa?

I actually thought possession was the new hotness in the community, replacing imposition as the "end goal" in many cases.

Alice and I aim for perfection. We want to master imposition, possession and even switching. (Our progress is somewhat okay, but stagnating. Meh.)

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

Actually jean-luc knows about a few of these incidents I have only revealed to him in private conversations. Damn, jean-luc could really blackmail me!

Alice and I aim for perfection. We want to master imposition, possession and even switching. (Our progress is somewhat okay, but stagnating. Meh.)

BTW, it is not "stagnation" if you feel fulfilled and complete with how you are. :-)

This really depends on how ambitious you are. And Alice is very ambitious. I want to get rid of the problems we're dealing with atleast.

However guys, this slowly starts to derail this thread. We need to get back to topic:

Is it okay to channel a developing tulpa? a.k.a. When should I allow my tulpa to participate in the forum and chat?

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

Actually, I tend to consider "roleplaying" as being when the person in question "becomes" the person they're acting out. You know, as what would happen when a one is acting out a character in an RPG. That's the sort of idea I had.

I don't become Melian at all. This is a good point you are making. I do not become Melian, I channel her. There is a big difference. It all comes down to this definition of role playing and Method acting. The way I see role playing and method acting is that the persona exists within you and you let it free. A method actor creates the persona that sort of lives within them, despite it being imaginary. I have used the analogy of Leonard Nimoy and Spock many times. To Nimoy, the character of Spock lives within him and when he portrays as Spock, he doesn't just "become" Spock.

I should probably clarify what my views are on this subject: I do feel that the "tulpa" and the "host" are parts of a whole, but individuals at the same time.

It's nice knowing I am not the only one with this perspective. :-)

With all this said, if I were to say that a being with this nature could not be made through roleplaying or method acting, I feel I would be completely wrong, as it has been reported as a phenomenon already. In fact, character writing resulting in beings like this, soulbonds, etc. were some of the things I really looked in to when I was away from this community for a while. So while I don't think such things can NEVER result in a companion of this sort being formed, I also feel that an important angle of this community is to allow said companion to act and exist independently as much as possible. That is, to have them come on would be to have them act out themselves with as little interference of their creator as possible. So that it is th creation speaking, from their perspective, rather than the host becoming their creation, as if putting on a mask.

I agree with all of this!

I think there is another, community wide danger to being too eager to support active and open roleplay in the forum.

It isn't a role playing game forum. So I see you may have a point here that there are many people out there who would misinterpret my meaning concerning this. You mean open play acting, using the excuse that role playing is a form of forcing and proxy communication without any real thought to really create a tulpa or thoughtform.

Considering your case, Mistgod, my comments may not completely apply. Yes, you do actively act out Melian at times, but it's also clear that you and her are separate enough that to count and being host and companion, rather than actor and elaborate mask.

That is absolutely correct. :-)

Oops. Sorry. Yes, Back to the original OP question!

Note: I dunno if I'm using the wrong term, correct me if I am wrong.

I've seen some people here channel their Tulpas and allow them to state their thoughts on the forums; I dunno if that's okay for new, young, and developing tulpas, though. I'd assume it's okay, but I've heard younger tulpas are impressionable.