Is it okay to channel a developing tulpa?

Camwoodstock

Then you and Melian would never have spoken to one another and would probably not be friends.

Think about it.

It is obvious to me, after being on this forum for a long while, that apparent sentience is an elusive thing. It is really up to the host when they think the tulpa has apparent sentience. For individuals with a very vivid imagination, this may occur fairly early in the process. So whether the host is "role playing" or proxy typing is really up to the host to decide isn't it?

To me, role playing or method acting, if you are doing it right, is a form of channeling an inner persona or character anyway. So applying this technique to channeling your non-verbal tulpa (whatever that means) is totally legitimate to me. It is an outlet for the tulpa and collaborating with the host. This is something all tulpas do as the develop communication skills with the host anyway.

EDIT: It is a difference in how I regard the words "proxy" and "role playing." To me it is foggy and they are pretty much one and the same thing.

EDIT2: What is equally foggy is the difference between active forcing and day dreaming. Everyone has a different idea as to the distinctness of these two. To me, there is definitely an overlap and it is, again, up to the host (and the tulpa) to decide where that line is. In the case of Melian and I, active forcing is day dreaming the Melian Show. It is active imagination and collaboration.

I can see where you're coming from though, because I being a maladaptive daydreamer can create a character in my head (or a tulpa, if I wanted to make another) and easily make them seem super realistic. I've been doing that since forever. And even White talks on this forum using proxy typing.

Right now I have 3+ new entites in my head (not sure if I want to call them walk-ins, soulbonds, or try to make them into tulpas) and they are all less than 5 days old which to the standards of tulpa.info would be undeveloped. But if they wanted to say something here it would be fine because right now I'm trying to help all of them out. I would assist them, not puppet them, I don't like the word puppet because it sounds like the tulpa in question isn't even alive. Even whenever White talks I still have to help him out a bit, but if you ask me he's a fully developed tulpa.

As for the OP, it's all up to what you believe now.

my PR

my art thread

tumblr tulpa log

my DA

White will talk in this color.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone preferring to use proxy instead of possession these days?

Either way, it's all up to you. I would recommend it, as it helps them learn.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Why is everyone preferring to use proxy instead of possession these days?

Troy: Because it is only possession if one were to actually take Fade's body and type out this message myself. It is much less hassle to tell her what I wish to say and have her type it out for me.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

Guest Anonymous

Of course they mean different things. I don't think more people, or everyone, is preferring proxy over possession suddenly. I am just of the opinion that some proxy typing is like what I do with Melian. Also, I think what some define as possession or switching, others might not. I have had moments that may fall under the switching or possession categories, if I wanted to interpret it as such. Instead I say that Melian "influences" me to act out her emotions and intent. She isn't really possessing my body. Melian is imaginary. She can't really possess my body unless I convince myself she is doing that. I have no desire for Melian to use my body, and she certainly doesn't seem to really want or need that.

A more purist view of tulpas, closer to the Tibetan concept of a Yidam, would probably be a fully imposed tulpa. It would be a full sensory hallucination that seemingly acts independent of the will of the creator. That is not at all what Melian is like! That is why I often say she is a thoughtform and maybe not a tulpa at all. I am happy with that if someone is a purist about it.

We have to decide if Tulpa Info accepts the more recent definitions or examples of tulpas without the traits of imposition or manifestation into the real world. Can a tulpa still be a tulpa being something a little closer, or a lot closer, to an enhanced imaginary friend?

Guest Anonymous

I would agree with Brassow a bit in that there has been a trend toward a broader definition. I think that is a natural reaction to a desire by people to have their particular mental persona fall under the tulpa umbrella. It is fun to be part of the community and accepted and included. I know that is true for Melian and I for instance.

Well I can only speak for myself but regarding communication is the whole proxy-thing we're using simply the fastest and easiest way to deal with it on the forum. Alice is hammering her words instantly in my mind while she keeps thinking them up, and I write them down at the same time. It is just her saying "write this and now write this" in a very fast and direct manner, which makes it harder for me to seperate her thoughts from mine because I keep thinking about the subject at the same time and wonder what she is going to say. Also we're both doing this in english here instead of our first language. (translating back and forth would be pretty annoying)

Possession doesn't really feels like an option for this at the moment. She might be a natural with moving my body, even when I want to move in a different direction, but if I would let her type out what she wants to say she would simply need longer. Also she is thinking out loud while typing, so it is really pointless.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

I actually thought possession was the new hotness in the community, replacing imposition as the "end goal" in many cases.

Personally, I don't have any plans to peruse giving any of my girls the keys to the metaphorical car. I've already had some bad experiences with such things, and I care not to dig deeper in to that. On one hand, I understand arguments about possession allowing the creation to experience life better, gain a more person viewpoint, and to actually help directly with tasks...but I seriously don't feel comfortable with it at all. As well, one of the major themes of my own work is to learn about myself, my behaviors, my attachments, and make peace with them while moving on and growing as a person. I want to live better, not give my responsibilities to another person.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Guest Anonymous

I should mention, that Melian's proxy typing, even as I have described it, is still a rush and exciting to me. She surprises me a lot in what she wants to say, if that means anything to anyone. She really is a distinct personality with her own quirks and reactions. Don't think for a second she isn't! LOL

Personally, I don't have any plans to peruse giving any of my girls the keys to the metaphorical car. I've already had some bad experiences with such things, and I care not to dig deeper in to that.

There is only one person on this forum who knows about one particular embarrassing incident related to Melian influencing me. It was pretty much full blown possession. Only jean-luc has heard the whole story and he is sworn to secrecy.