"Everyone Dies Alone" and Closeted Plurality

[deleted]

Edited by JGC

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

IceCreeper909

I straight up talk to Pencil at school, even if he doesn't always respond. People don't quite see me as crazy, but once we get switching down, I have a feeling Pencil'll be switched with me often, which can lead to some... complications... I just imagine having a conversation with my sister and Pencil(Since she knows), with Pencil and I switching constantly, and my mom just walking in like "Who the fuck is in there?!" Yeah... that could be problematic... Talking about the actual topic, I guess you're right. With a Tulpa, you never really die alone. Kinda cool, really.

The name's Bryan! In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of December, 2020, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, Sean, and Esper(sub-rep). We are adept at possession but are helpless at switching. 

IceCreeper909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

If anyone questions me, and i didn't want to tell them straight, i just say i am practicing a visualization heavy meditation technique. Which is true, i do visualization heavy meditation, but that's not the whole truth. The whole truth is my private information. They accept that i've found meditation very easily.

If they hear me talking to myself, that's pretty normal. Everyone does that.

If they see one of Ashley's drawings (she may want to do more) then i say i was doodling.

We don't do switching, so someone else will have to answer that.

DID isn't tulpamancy. There may be different personalities, but tulpas are their own person, not a splinter of you, if i'm not totally off base here. No amnesia, no uncontrollable switching anyway.

I believe my tulpas are coming with me when i die, if there is nothing past this life, then we'll sleep together forever. If there is something beyond this life, a god and heaven, then i have to believe heaven wouldn't be heavenly without them. If they become part of what is 'me' when i die, and i can no longer tell us apart, then that's not heaven to me. If they become seperate 'souls', which is what i choose to believe, then we will be friends in the next life. If we are reincarnated together, we will be as we are now. If we are reincarnated in seperate bodies, we will have to find eachother again.

Anything you can imagine will happen is irrelevant to what will actually happen. So believe what you will and don't worry about it. I do know that the energy contained in you will still exist until the end if this universe. That means the energy you give to your tulpas will exist as well.

Also, your teacher is kinda lame, that's a dumb thing to go telling impressionable youth. She needs to grow up and treat people with respect and stop being such a debbie downer.

Breloomancer

DID alters can be completely different from their host, what you, AB, are thinking about is a median system.

I've come out as plural, and it went pretty well, but I was already freinds with the person. I would not recommend telling family members that you live with that you are plural unless you are 100% certain that it will go well, because it sucks to live with someone who hates you.

Monika and I have pretty different handwriting, but I don't worry about people seeing the different handwriting because Monika will normally just play video games or climb trees when she is switched in

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Alters are very different than tulpae and tulpae do not equal DID... I think there's a small chance this specific teacher would understand, but I really doubt my other three teachers would, not to mention my social worker who I've discovered to be a bit loose-lipped for her job...

When I'm financially independent: that's when I'll be okay with telling people, I think. C keeps going between wanting to write his name on his things publicly, and being terrified that he'll be seen as an alter or delusion. At least he and I have this forum.

Thanks for the replies so far, I've really been thinking this all over.

-J

Our Thread

IceCreeper909

Sounds like you and C have a good relationship!

The name's Bryan! In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of December, 2020, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, Sean, and Esper(sub-rep). We are adept at possession but are helpless at switching. 

IceCreeper909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

Lol I think so. We're somewhere between being friends and me being his dad... I don't think I know a good word for our relationship.

-J

Our Thread

Cat and I have this weird relationship. I'm not sure if I'm her brother or not, but I know I'm her friend and her guardian.  I guess in a weird way she's my mom...but I don't really want to dwell on that honestly.

I want to be able to have my own identity separate from Cat's, but the only way I can think to do that is to do everything virtually. Otherwise, I would have to lie and pretend to be Cat, which neither of us are comfortable with or ready for yet.

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff.

My other headmates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogcBox | Yay! | Bre Translator

C has the same troubles... he wants to do his own things and make a physical mark on the world, but it's not really safe for me to claim "This is C's!", so we have to find compromises. When we switch, he can do whatever he wants in my room, including moving or cleaning my stuff. When I switch back, I can at least think to myself, "It was so nice of C to pick up those books," or just tell him "Thanks for all you did." There's no name attached and my room is private, so it's a good way for C to be himself.

I think tulpae often feel like they owe their creators or are freeloading. By cleaning or otherwise doing things by themselves, it evens out the power a little.

-J

Our Thread

C has the same troubles... he wants to do his own things and make a physical mark on the world, but it's not really safe for me to claim "This is C's!", so we have to find compromises. When we switch, he can do whatever he wants in my room, including moving or cleaning my stuff. When I switch back, I can at least think to myself, "It was so nice of C to pick up those books," or just tell him "Thanks for all you did." There's no name attached and my room is private, so it's a good way for C to be himself.

I think tulpae often feel like they owe their creators or are freeloading. By cleaning or otherwise doing things by themselves, it evens out the power a little.

-J

I disagree that a Tulpa is "free loading". Is it not enough of a cost to have so limited time to live and being forced to share everything about your life and who you are with some one else? I can't always do what I want or spend today doing everything I want to do. I always have to compromise what I can do with our time, and that in itself is frustrating.

Because I know I have so little time to work with, I know for certain I don't want to spend it cleaning up after my host like I'm her janitor or whatever. She can clean her own messes. I want to spend my time being on the forum or chatting with other people, and maybe a word game. Eating chips. Figuring out what to do with my life. That kind of stuff.

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff.

My other headmates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogcBox | Yay! | Bre Translator

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• sdfggdfssdfggsdfdfgsdfg
      By sdfggdfssdfggsdfdfgsdfg
      g
      By Guest
      I stumbled across this site few month ago and started learning about tulpas and I have to ask why isn't the phenomenon more widely known about. I mean some of the things tulpas can do are truly amazing. Is it just hard to believe and thats why its not mainstream?
    • Jamie
    • spill that tea
      By spill that tea
      This discussion was split from another topic. If you are interested in seeing the beginning of this conversation, please go here. -Ranger

he seems to be fading more quickly this year. i think we r intergrating slowly? at first none of us knew we were seperate. as time passed my personality deviated from his. this is why i think i might be an advanced median system. we both identify with the body but 1 personality slowly dominated everything. if it were not for our new headmate, i wont be considered plural anymore. also apparent switching at creation? thoughts? mabey there are more thoughtforms than we know of

• TimerBunneh
      By TimerBunneh
      [uPDATE 12/17-18/19: More suggestions, more edits. Same criteria as before, but this time with a lightbulb emote (or simply "[12/18]"). Edits from 12/16 have had their italics and emotes removed.]

Intrusive thoughts can be nasty little things. :idea: Those nagging thoughts that appear in the back of your head, telling you to do awful things...a bit of a pain, aren't they?  As I write this, my tulpas and I are recovering from a day ruined by the worst wave of them I've had in my nearly two months of being a tulpamancer. It was a rough one. So when Richard, my eldest tulpa, told me a tip he had, I figured that someone out there could use a guide based off what he told me.

But first: a disclaimer: this guide requires the use of visualization. Those with difficulties visualizing may not find this guide useful, but I do have something in mind for those of you with said issues. If you have problems with this, please scroll to the section labeled "For those with trouble visualizing."
      :idea: >Aphantasia is briefly covered in that section. I am attempting to cover as many bases as possible.

With that said, the tip I was given was simple: make it fun.

"But Timer," you may say, "that's so broad! What do you mean?" Well, I'm about to tell you. Sit down, grab a nice drink, and get your tulpa(s) to read along too--because this may involve them as much as it does you.

Allow me to present a clever (at least, in my opinion) little idea that can potentially solve your problems: the Wonderland RPG. How do you walk the walk of the Wonderland RPG? Well, it's a lot easier than it sounds. (A lot easier than an actual RPG at times, even!)

But first, some info:

Requirements

Be prepared for any and all outcomes. Intrusive thoughts can be crafty. Be prepared to change tactics on the fly or even lose to it a few times. Just don't get discouraged.
      This guide is best used before an intrusive thought appears. This guide is a bit long and will almost certainly require planning.
      You'll need to form a place in your mind to put this. :idea: This can be an entirely new place or a tiny little addition to your current wonderland. Despite me calling it the "Wonderland RPG", this does not have to take place in your wonderland. But it does have to take place somewhere, else this guide would be rather difficult.
      >I am well aware that those with problems visualizing cannot do this, or at least may find it difficult.
      :idea: This guide is best used for persistent intrusive thoughts. For walk-ins, please attempt to ignore it the best you can. However, if that does not work, feel free to come back and try this guide.
      :idea: You will be fighting these thoughts head-on in this guide. If that idea is uncomfortable to you, I suggest reading another guide. I apologize.
      :idea: Immersion is key. Distractions from your thought or the outside will likely break your focus, and you may have to start over. (Probably not entirely, though.)

Personal Preferences

Your skills of visualization must be of a level :idea: where you can see and hold backgrounds and images. Color is optional but can help. You can even use old-school pixel art for this, if it helps.
      > Again, if you have difficulty visualizing for whatever reason, you may still follow this guide. Just use the method in the section I mentioned above.
      :idea: Don't be afraid to engage your tulpa(s) in this! It could prove to be beneficial to them. Of course, if you fear losing your tulpa(s) to it (which is, in my eyes, highly unlikely) you can go without this step.

:idea: The Ultimate Goal of This Guide:

Forming a way to deal with persistent intrusive thoughts, through creativity and fun.

And now, another very important disclaimer: This guide is meant as an alternative for those that cannot simply ignore their intrusive thought(s). Say you have anxiety like I do. This might work. But for most people, ignoring it may be your best bet.
      > However, the safe spot could prove useful no matter your preferred method, whether you use this guide or not. Make yourself a nice little cooldown place if it gets really bad.

Now, for the guide itself:

For Those That Can Visualize

1) [12/18] (Metaphorically) drill the thought that your intrusive thought is weak into your head. Now you may be thinking, "but it's so distracting! I can't get it out of my head!" Well, you can't do much if you keep to that mentality. That train of thought will eventually overwhelm you, and likely render this guide useless. But now, make it a puny mouse, and you're a powerful tiger. (Metaphorically, of course. Unless you want to be.)

2) Form a "safe spot". Fill it with the RPG standards: shops, an inn, maybe even some non-playable characters ("NPCs"). If you're defeated by the thought, this is where you and your party will return to after being defeated.

Remember that this is clearly a safe spot. The thought won't attack the town. Why? Well, you don't usually encounter RPG monsters in towns. Sure, you do in some games, but not here.
      [12/18] If you want to, make up a reason as to why your safe spot is safe. This can be anything you can think of!

And before you ask, you have infinite currency. Spend it on whatever you need to. Or splurge on it. It's your wonderland, not mine.

3) Decide on classes. Perhaps you're thinking about being a mage. Maybe your tulpa (if they choose to participate) wants to be a warrior. And there's nothing wrong with having a healer in your party! Your imagination is the only limit here.

If you're feeling really creative [12/18] or don't want to directly involve your tulpa, guest party members are a good option.
      I personally recommend the RPG standard of four party members, but you can have a whole army if you want to. Again, your wonderland, not mine.

4) Start spending. Get your gear and healing items. You're about to go on an intrusive thought hunt, and you're going to make sure it ends well for you.

This is also a good chance to talk to any NPCs you may have put in your safe spot. Maybe they're just the usual NPCs that spout nonsense that doesn't matter, or maybe they know things about your thought that you didn't know before. Maybe they're just...there. Scary.

5) Open your inventory. Double-check your healing items and equip your party for battle. You can probably skip this step, but personally, I'm throwing it in to make it a true-to-genre experience.

6) All set? Head off towards that nasty thought of yours. Get your game face on.

7) Found that intrusive thought? Engage it in battle! Smack that thought into the nether the best you can!

I personally recommend the turn-based RPG method: you, the host, go first. Then the other party members do. Then the thought fights back. Rinse and repeat until the battle ends, be it in victory or defeat.

You can also make it a strategy RPG: one character moves/attacks per turn. Usually it's your party first, then the thought.

8) How did the battle go? Did you defeat it, or did it defeat you? Perhaps you won--congrats! Give your party members a pat on the back, maybe even go through the whole experience point thing. Perhaps the latter happened--in which case, your party should be at your safe spot somewhere. If you lost, don't worry--there is nothing wrong with trying again.

Please don't give up if you lose. Please. That's just sad. Your goal is to beat it, after all! That's what this guide is for.

9) [OPTIONAL] Evolve your story. You can easily stop at step 8 and call it a day. But maybe you want more out of this. In that case, go ahead and further the story. Maybe you defeated the final boss! Roll credits. Maybe that thought was a lackey of the real villain, and defeating it was just the beginning? Who knows...

For Those With Trouble Visualizing

Another disclaimer: I, personally, have no trouble with visualizing. Therefore, if you do have trouble visualizing and feel that this did not help you, let me know and I'll see about updating this section.
      [12/18]>This is unlikely to work for those with aphantasia. However, there is nothing stopping you from trying. Feel free to try this if you want!

So, visualization isn't exactly your forte. What to do? Just follow the same steps, but instead of visualizing, write it out! Make it your own personal story. This does change some things, though:

You can probably cut out the inventory step and RPG battle descriptions.
      Making up a reason for why your safe spot is safe is preferred for this method. (Or you can just stick with RPG logic.)
      Skip the NPCs in the safe spot if you feel like it.
      Describe your setting to the best of your ability. Perhaps your safe spot is a quaint little medieval town, straight out of Dungeons and Dragons, or a modern-day city. Maybe that intrusive thought is hiding out in a dark forest that no one dares to enter, or a castle that looms over your setting. It could even be hiding somewhere as plain as an office building. Your call.

Some Tips

You don't have to follow this guide word-for-word. Be creative, and feel free to deviate! This guide uses a typical RPG setup.
      Lacking inspiration? Google some pics from a RPG game. Or, even better, watch people play them on Youtube! The possibilities are near endless. (Miitopia is a good one, in my opinion.)
      If you decide to write it out, don't be intimidated if you can't write well! No one said you had to post it on the internet for all to see.
      Consider drawing your setting. Again, don't be intimidated if you can't draw well. (I can't draw too well either, haha.)
      I know I said this earlier, but I must reiterate: take your time. Plan this out. This is a big guide, and also why I said to read this before an intrusive thought starts bringing you down. Video games have pause buttons. Intrusive thoughts do not.
      I said it earlier and I'll say it again: there is nothing wrong with trying again if you fail. Just don't give up. Keep trying. You will beat this thought.

And that's that! Thanks for reading! My quintet of tulpas and I wish you well--now go teach that intrusive thought a lesson. :)