New Survey for Speaking Tulpas

Indigo Blue

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More like a Q&A written by experience with/of tulpas. I wouldn't put "Ultimate" next to anything unless it's a game including all characters ever present in the series..

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

As a newer tulpamancer, I find those "before you were vocal" questions pretty valuable. When your tulpa can't communicate, it's good to get an idea of how much they can understand, what they might find helpful or harmful, what kind of experiences they might be having, etc.

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log

Lumi: good point

Yukari: yes and no. The thing is, this is for fluently speaking tulpas and anyways the opinions doesn't really change if they're speaking or not. But it's true that there should be question about feelings before they were fully capable of thinking and answering (tldr: not all tulpas can speak, so the questions aren't very good, but there should be question about their memories when they were "little")

I'm not too confident in a "before you were vocal what do you remember thinking" or "what is your first memory" type question due to the fact that it's just so easy to fabricate memories. I'd rather avoid responses that are unknowingly disingenuous. 

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Rather than "What did you think before vocal", you could have a question like "How do you feel about {experiences} before you were vocal, if any?"

A question like that, don't use that exactly.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Lumi: eeeh, still kinda not good... Y'see, some tulpas are mute or they are extremely slow to learn. So, before you were vocal fluently is like asking person a question before they could read fluently...

Before you could communicate, then. "Before you were sentient" kind of nullifies the point of the question, doesn't it?

Here are all the questions I've made so far

[hidden]

[align=justify]1. What does “tulpa” mean, to you? What does it mean for a tulpa to be conscious/sentient?

2. What are good or bad reasons to create a tulpa, in your opinion? Are there “right” reasons and “wrong” reasons?

3. Describe your creation. How did you come into existence? What did your creator do to make you? 

4. How long did it take for you to become sentient, and why do you think that is?

5. Were there any obstacles that delayed your creation process or made it more difficult? How were they overcome?

6. Was there anything that really helped your creation process? What was the most effective thing your creator did to create you (intentionally or not)?

7. What’s the most important part of the tulpa creation process? What’s the most important thing for someone to know when creating a tulpa?

8. What’s the most important thing to avoid doing during the tulpa creation process? Are there any bad practices that can be harmful to tulpas during creation?

9. Are there any bad practices that can be harmful to tulpas in general? What about beneficial practices?

10. How do you think people can avoid doubt when creating their tulpas? Do you think skepticism is a good thing, and to what extent?

11. If you were created accidentally, what led to that and why? What do you think causes something to gain sentience unintentionally?

12. What do you think about tulpamancers planning things for their tulpa, like form, personality, name, etc.?

13. What signs of sentience did you express to your system early on (whether or not you were created intentionally)? How did you communicate with your system before being able to speak?

14. How long did it take for you to become vocal, and why? What does it mean to be “vocal,” to you?

15. How important is your form to you, and why? How much control over it do you have?

16. If you can control the physical body, how do you do it and what’s it like? To what extent is it a good thing for tulpas to do?

17. If you can switch, what’s that like for everyone involved? Why do you do it?

18. What are the best and worst things about being a tulpa? Anything you wish you could change? Do you have any tips for hosts to make life better for their own tulpas?

19. What are the best and worst things about having a tulpa, from your perspective? Is there anything you think people should know before creating one? How important is it to take one’s time thinking it over?

20. Are there any other tips you’d like to share for people looking to create tulpas? Any tips for the tulpas they’re creating?

[/hidden][/align]

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)