Do tulpas usually speak out of people?

tania

I had a bit of a strange experience today when singing and asking Jesse to sing too (wanting to hear him with my ears).. it was like he actually used my spoken voice but more like his voice, an actually real out loud voice. (im not refering to hearing a tulpa talk with an outside voice but one using me to do so)

I haven't heard others here talking about that.. so want to know is that normal? Can your tulpa change your spoken voice? (I wasnt trying possession or anything and had not even thought about the possibly of him talking out of me).

How does this even happen?

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

Assuming it wasn't you accidentally doing it, that'd be possession, specifically possessing a certain part of your body. There's also auditory imposition which still won't make any actual sound, but would be imposing the sense of sound, ie making yourself think you were hearing it IRL.

Normal for partial possession to happen spontaneously without having practiced it? Ehh.. not really, and I'd sooner attribute it to a mental-mixup. But that doesn't mean it couldn't lead to starting possession, if you wanted it to.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it's normal for anyone to be able to change how their voice sounds just a bit. We don't, personally, or at least we got used to speaking exactly like Lumi does within a couple weeks of switching. Your voice can't change entirely without having a talent for that, but yeah, a tulpa could use any voice in your existing vocal range.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Most voices have a fair amount of range to them if you can learn how to use those muscles differently, so a lot of tulpas sound very different to their host when possessing because they've either intuitively worked out how to do this, or have practiced it.

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.

It's normal and common. Ordinary voices have a range even without training and a portion of how someone sounds (pitch, timbre, dynamic range, volume, grammar, vocabulary, etc.) is a matter of personality rather than biology. Different members of a system -- tulpamantic, DID, or otherwise -- often naturally express themselves in ways that are easily distinguishable by other people, though many learn to pretend to be the public identity of the body.

We took inspiration from our host's ex-wives' system, where the alters intentionally exaggerated differences in voice so their friends could recognize them individually. Our host is proudly from the American Deep South; I speak in my best approximation of how I spoke back home in London; and Iris' delivery is a little like that of Spock or Data from Star Trek.

Unlike switching, we never really practiced possession; it developed naturally and still often happens without specific intent, as our facial expressions and body language bleed into the physical body. We find it useful as a supplemental communication channel. Once it became easy without practice, I started frequently speaking aloud via vocal possession, as an ersatz auditory imposition.

-Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Assuming it wasn't you accidentally doing it, that'd be possession, specifically possessing a certain part of your body. There's also auditory imposition which still won't make any actual sound, but would be imposing the sense of sound, ie making yourself think you were hearing it IRL.

Normal for partial possession to happen spontaneously without having practiced it? Ehh.. not really, and I'd sooner attribute it to a mental-mixup. But that doesn't mean it couldn't lead to starting possession, if you wanted it to.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it's normal for anyone to be able to change how their voice sounds just a bit. We don't, personally, or at least we got used to speaking exactly like Lumi does within a couple weeks of switching. Your voice can't change entirely without having a talent for that, but yeah, a tulpa could use any voice in your existing vocal range.

Yeah.. I've had auditory imposition with tulpas before and that wasn't what I was referring too.   I dont understand how I could accidently do that seeing I had not even considered Jesse speaking "from me" and no parroting stuff was going on at all.

But your post actually make me wonder something. I guess it would be possible for one to maybe "hear" one speaking with a changed voice when maybe a voice really hasn't changed... like a different form of auditory imposition going on. I guess one would actually have to tape oneself while it was happening to know if it was this going on or not.

sorry guys, Ive been told Im not allowed to reply to anothers comment here for at least 8hrs so you are going to have to wait for responses.

Working on imposition

You can reply as much as you want, but you should do it all in one post unless there's others between yours

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

[Ranger] The 8 hour rule does not apply if someone not in your system posts after you.

I and my other headmates influence the body's expressions a lot when speaking to Cat, so I would imagine it being likely for a tulpa to accidentally speak in the body's voice via possession.

Other people do not notice a difference when I speak possessing the body. I think there's a slight difference in how we talk, but I can't say for sure. It could just be in our head or auditory imposition skewing our perception.

[Evergreen] I never tried speaking out loud before until now. Gray noticed that I sound different from him, but I also felt very shy speaking to myself. It's possible I was speaking too quietly, when I spoke a little bit louder my voice sounded more like the body's voice but it felt like me speaking, like what Ranger reported.

Vesper and I spoke oddly quietly, shyly, and hesitantly the first several times we spoke aloud. It was not a feature of personality, as our mindvoices had been strong and bold for a long time. Nor was it a matter of intent, since we started fighting against it once we noticed it. But we needed to become accustomed to an unfamiliar medium before we could express ourselves in a manner that felt like us.

-Iris

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

This has happened to me almost every time during possession. If Richard was in control, my voice would be deeper with a mysterious air. If Don Juan was in control, my voice would be of a higher pitch with a side of calm and friendliness. The one time Niles was able to take control, my voice was also higher-pitched but also had a child-like feel to it.

In other words, even for a newbie like me, I'd say this is normal.

PR Thread | Q&A Thread (Tulpas Only) | I'm on the Discord as Timer

My tulpas type in many different colors!

[Ranger] The 8 hour rule does not apply if someone not in your system posts after you.

it's a problem as if one has memory issues one then has to go and reread everything one already has read again to make the next post after someone else has replied... and I dont want to have to repetitively read things... wait for a response.. repetitively read things and then wait for another response etc. I've just given up replying there to the others I had been going to reply to in this thread.    (it would be okay if I remembered what people had said and what I wanted to say but with my memory issues I dont after 8hrs or hours later when another posts and it would mean going over the posts for me over and over).

sorry all, you may find me posting things and not responding back at all due to this post rule which makes it very difficult for me. So i hope noone takes my lack of response to be a lack of interest in the replies. (I just responded in another thread my responses to everyone in the one thread but find that confusing with not being able to multi quote.. so it's easier for me to respond then to just one person only and not respond back to anyone else

Working on imposition