Avalanche's mindhouse

Avalanche

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll keep it in mind, but I really don't think it will. It's going to be more flowing and stranded than what I can do in the picture. Usually if I try to show the strands and how separated they are it turns into a clusterfuck of lines and it looks awful.

http://imgur.com/yGMTV

Opinions etc on concept back of the head look? It's a bandanna btw. Tied around the hair that goes down the back, sort of like a ponytail but it just sits on the hair.

frt

The light spots are highlights. Not necessarily dyed highlights though. I could easily shade them in if it bothers you that much. To me it's much easier and cleaner to have it like that then have 2 or 3 lines going up along the bang. If you have too many of those it turns into a messy clusterfuck of lines. Just look at my early concept art.

As for the clumps, it does look like it's a solid sort of shape, but in my head it's flowing and is in normal stands. Obviously I couldn't just draw each stand in, and the "clumps" give it an interesting shape and style, over just having the hair hang straight down.

frt

Hair can curl and flow and have a shape while still being a not a solid figure. And what do you mean by highlights? Are you talking about the terrible bits of dyes hair? Cause they look like huge hair clips.

Nevermind. I like the design, but not the art. Not that I can art at all anyway.

[Note: Opinions]

It's more of a drawing thing than actual highlights. It's not actually dyed hair but it's.... I don't know, I can't really explain it without saying it's down to the style of the drawing...

Hair can curl and flow but 1. That's really complicated and adds more of those lines I was talking about, and 2. Doing curled hair in this style is quite hard, and this was just a very quick sketch, like 10mins.

frt

Update time-

Finally decided on the main face/eyes/hair. Should be a nice point from which Flora can deviate from. I will go over the internal structure for the 3rd and last time tonight to really solidify the structure of the form, no more sliding proportions for me. Then I'm just going to stare at her face for as long as it takes, while narrating and after a while I'll incorporate movements into the form, such as breathing and blinking, then maybe a few basic hand gestures or limb rotations.

frt

Did an hour and a half today, hoping to get more done later on. Focused on the face and hair, and it went quite well. The face I'm going to continue with for a while (the rest of the body is well imagined and set) while the hair will go fairly unchanged, hoping that will encourage deviation.

Might incorporate music into my next session.

frt