How and why did you choose your tulpa(e)'s name?

Guest Anonymous

Steven's namesake is an Alice Cooper song by the same name, as well as a character in many or Mr. Cooper's songs. I also just found Steven to be a charming name and I thought it sounded like the male counterpart to Serene, my primary alias.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised I haven't posted here yet, I guess I just always assumed I had.

Anyway, when I first created Q I decided he should choose his own name/form/et cetera... So one day, before he had a name, I was sitting on my living room couch late in the evening and teaching him how to play Tic-Tac-Toe. After I had, I flopped down on the couch and glanced beside me, looking vaguely at the coffee table. On the coffee table sat an art book that had the word "quilt" in the title. Immidiately, Q jumped in an said he wanted to be called Quilten. I told him sure, why not? I have him my middle name (Payne) for his surname, and later gave him the middle name Rosseu (Row-see-you).

Jira (who's currently in stasis) came around spontaneously, and her name really came out of nowhere. Originally, she said her name was Juno, and she took the form of the Pokémon named Jirachi. I was emailing my other tulpabuddy (who introduce me to the idea originally) and he asked if he could call her Jira for short. I asked her and she said she liked that name much better, and from them on she was Jira Juno Payne.

So that's how they got their names. The end.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

• 5 months later...

Originally I planned on calling my tulpa Ryu, because I've been talking to a separate part of me for nearly fifteen years. Then I found out he was in fact a she, so now I call her Lucy for the simple reason that I consider it to be the most beautiful name. If she wants to be called differently she'll let me know, I think.

Lucy is my only tulpa to date. I 'created' her on February 1, 2015.

(Why the airquotes? Well, I'd been talking to someone in my head before that but always assumed that person to be male...then I found out she wasn't.)

I got Reah's name from the anime Sankarea. I was planning on giving the form of Rea from that show to my tulpa, but went with the Holo form. I didn't want to take that name exactly, so I just added an H to the end. I know, creative.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

I was thinking that I wanted James to be like a "real person." I wanted him to have a fairly normal name, and James was the first one I thought of. So far he hasn't deviated, so I assume that he likes his name.

James: Hello, all!

Yeah, I suppose I chose Saphira's name because... well, there aren't that many nice sounding names for a beautiful blue dragon. It stuck I guess, and it provides a nice cover for drawing her and uploading to sites like deviantart. I guess it would look like I am repeatedly drawing Saphira from Eragon, where as I am really drawing my Saphira... Not exactly original I know. If she really wants to change it at a later date I'm fine with that. She's happy with it at the moment. :)

Part of the road to becoming a better person lies in defeating the darkness inside yourself, then helping others to do the same.

There is nothing to compare to watching a sunrise with those who you love the most.

"Step by step, moment by moment"

I noticed that most tulpas have "strange and unusual" names, and most of these names are what I'd expect a Mary-Sue or Gary-Stu to be called. Sooo I named him James.

James: Hello, all!

I guess most of the names are unusual because you and your tulpa are like the only ones to ever use it, so it can be whatever you desire. Also the entire tulpa phenomenon is pretty "strange and unusual", I guess, so.. Why not! :D

My tulpa Enya was supposed to be an elf in the beggining, hence the elvish name. She has settled on a human form though, but we both like the name so it just kinda stayed.

I named my Tulpa Barley because, well my Tulpa is actually based off a drawing i always drew in a lot of my artwork, (think of it as like a mascot) he's also from a a story i made up too, and I'm not completely sure "why" I named him Barley, but when deciding what to name him before I had ever heard of Tulpas and he was Simply just a cartoon in my imagination, back then I just named him Barley. Forgot the reason why I named him that, though. Then I found out about Tulpas and so from that day on, he has earned his name as Barley. (don't judge)

Reality is a story the mind tells itself. An artificial structure conjured into being by the calcium ion exchange of a million synaptic firings. A truth so strange it can only be lied into existence. And our mind can lie. Never doubt it...