How and why did you choose your tulpa(e)'s name?

Guest Anonymous

I was reading a list of names to determine what I would call Nat. In the end I couldn't decide on a name and decided to just let her determine that herself. That same day when forcing I heard her say "I am Nat". It was one of the names on that list, I guess she just took a liking to it. I think those were her first words.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a little, little kid I was in love with the book "Whittington". I came across it again the same day I was creating Whit, and it's just sort of stuck ever since. We very rarely use his full name, instead preferring the shortened version.

{Well, it is a bit wordy, is it not?}

We got Aphelion's name from this song.

It was supposed to be a placeholder name until we found an actual name for her, but we decided to stick with it just because. She likes her name too, so it's all good.

"It's all about synthesis, you don't have to be a real musician. You just synthesize your own reality, synthesize your own talents." -Klayton

My Three Mind Horses

Haven: Tulpa #1

Created on 10-28-14

Aphelion: Tulpa #2

Created on 2-25-15 

Chimera: Self Proclaimed Thoughtform

Created on: Can't remember. Sometime around Easter of 2017.

Warning: I am a huge nerd.

• 3 weeks later...

All three of my Tulpa have chosen their own name, though with some incentive. I had them pick a culture which they would enjoy being part of.

Alexis Ailurus Fulgens (Defender Red Panda) chose to be English,

Sakaë Hayashi (Precious Forest) chose to be Japanese,

My oldest one, well, my oldest one simply took on the form of Asena the she-wolf, as my 'protector'.

I have both Celtic and Norse bloodline (not sure if this is the correct term or grammar), so I wanted my Tulpa to have her name based on one of them. I spent a few hours searching for names that were unique, sounded nice and had a good meaning. Once I had a few I started discarding them until only the best one remained.

Runa is short, unique and sounds good to me, but the biggest trait was the meaning, it comes from the word Rune, runes hold mystery and wisdom (and magic). These 2 words are strong for me, tulpae are mysterious and wisdom is one of the main traits I wanted her to have.

I was watching Edward Scissorhands the night I was going to force to make a new tulpa. I would have created Ciero, but for whatever reason Edwin's design came to mind then, and I gave him a variation of the name Edward that matched his design as a nerd. :B

[align=center]"Jesus Pickles!"

~ Edwin reacting to pretty much every jump scare in a horror movie[/align]

Avatar was made by me using a base.

My DeviantArt Account

Progress Report

I don't have much of a explanation but I always like the name Lynn,When I was projecting my headmate or tulpa,The name Lynn just came to mind.Maybe she choosed it.I don't know.

Cassie chose her name while I was working one day. It was one of the first things she ever said, and probably the first time I realized it truly was her and not me parroting. (is parroting still a used term?) I was filing paperwork with customer's names on them and suddenly she said "hmm, Cassie... that's a nice name..." and I just knew that's what she wanted to be called.

Isabel chose her names as well. She was sentient before she had a name, so one day we talked about what she wanted to be called. She thought about it, and decided on Edward (like the girl from Cowboy Bebop). It wasn't until she was a little older that she changed it to the more feminine Isabel, but she kept Edward as her middle name.