Discussion- Tulpae and People Without Emotions

bearycool

Then I guess then we have to go into the thought of people who are born without different emotions.

Therefore, I propose these questions: do you believe that a human can be born without X emotion, or do you believe that that emotion is locked away deep inside that person (assume that the person has not gone through physical or mental trauma). And if either yes or no, why?

Seeing as we are a rainbow of emotions ourselves (if you have talked to us on ze shoutbox or IRC, you'll know what we mean), our knowledge of not having an emotion is strictly limited to a point where we can't actually give a clear opinion. Nevertheless, we will give our opinion and some information on it to get some thoughts flowing here.

Informational Crap:

Ze waffles said: "I can't say I have any personal experience with the subject, but you should try to differentiate between 'I have a serious mental disorder' and 'I'm a dick towards others and I know it'."

Let us assume we're dealing with the former on all of this from now on, just so we're clear. People who are just dicks need not apply at all, because they are dicks and may or may not have a conscience. And in regards to Sociopaths and psychopaths, let's assume sociopaths. However, let's not rule out psychopaths whatsoever.

Psychopath: A person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.

Sociopath:A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

In both cases, antisocial behavior occurs. Sociopaths are more controlled, and psychopaths are more erratic. I.E. psycho act on impulse and may or may have some sort of conscience. Sociopaths, however, don't appear, and mostly don't have a conscience, and therefore can't feel emotions such as guilt. They are socially superficial and can be social predators.

That's the jist of what a sociopath is. Oh, and their affinity to anger is varied, while a psychopath is a lot more prone to anger.

So now that we got an idea of what we're talking about, and our question, it's time for my opinion!

Opinion of someone you don't care about:

I think the best understanding of our opinion comes from this documentary called "Child of Rage":

Now this is mainly about Reactive Attachment Disorder, so this isn't a full blown sociopath. Still, it gets some points across and shows how complicated this entire "no emotion" and "sociopath" stuff is. Can a person ever truly feel with that type of brain, or is hardwired.

We don't know. However, we assume that sociopaths might be able to change.

This, of course, is almost impossible because of the free will factor. A sociopath (or anyone without an emotion), has to accept truly on getting "cured" and changing their attitudes. Changing someone's personality is already hard in someone that is normal, let alone a person with a mental disorder like that.

So is it possible? Sure, perhaps. But it's something that is extremely hard are broadens on the edge of being completely possible to something that cannot happen at all. X person would have to try and accept a truth that they don't know too much about, and this leads to what you all have been saying:

Quoth the Christopher: "Your tulpa is limited by what you believe in truth."

So we cannot cure anyone with this probably with a tulpa until the person tries and accepts it; that's what I'm starting to get at. So then we have to ask another question that pinpoints the problem.

If a person can accept something such as wanting to be cured, will a tulpa help them in their journey on being cured?

Those are my thoughts and information on all of this. I'll let you all rape this post and place your own opinions on the question.

Stan (my tulpa): "sometimes, I do lewd things when my host bends over :3"

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One simple way to feel something you dont feel is to trick your brain into assimilating some other feeling, that you have felt before, to the thing. For example: Everytime you see someone get hurt you feel pain in your arm, or something like this. So this helps against someone who never felt guilt or empathy and wants to implement these features :) Maybe you can get your tulpa to pinch you everytime those things happen!

Well, this is just a thought. Also I am new to the forum and to tulpa! :)

I like being the way I am, I want to even be more of a socio/psychopath.

Whenever I feel any empathy, or even contemplate it, (the same with love and the sort) I feel like I'm being tricked. I don't like how my thought processes can be affected be emotion. Like, depending on the emotion I will reach a different conclusion when I think. I hate that. And I hate the way all emotion is, is evolution's trick to making you continue the species.

My opinions are all subject to change.

I wasn't a sociopath going into this, but I'd turned off (or possibly developed to a lesser extent than most) feeling a good deal of emotions since when I was a kid. Working on my first tulpa reawakened that part of me and made it more active than I can remember. I started in April and sometime around June or July I was showing her an old favorite movie. There's a part that was "sad but meh" when I saw it in the theater at 9, and affected me less as I grew older. Watching it with her now, I was crying.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

hmm. I have had to struggle with the problems of lessened emotions throughout my life

Right now I feel more emotions, but that's because i forced all those feeling into a single tulpa, Fenris, who doesn't feel anything but a sort of bloodlust

Follow me here http://fuliam-pro.tumblr.com/

I have two tulpa, both capable of switching and talking.

• 2 months later...

Kadoh, I wish I could change your mind about empathy. Because trusting other people feels really great.

As for the topic at hand, I have a fri-- well, an acquaintance, who is a sociopath and has a tulpa. He has also admitted to being a sadist, and though he has never killed or seriously harmed anybody (as far as I know), the way he jokes about it has always left the question of if he would really would do that stuff, given the opportunity (i.e. no consequences).

For the purposes of this thread, I'm going to assume that he'd take it very readily. In the few instances where I've talked about his tulpa with him, he has mentioned that she has more emotions than he does. She seems to have some sort of moral compass, though nothing I found recognizable as such from what he described. I think this is a disconnect between the way I as a super happy-go-lucky, believes-everybody-has-some-good-in-them, and the way that my acquaintance sees it.

Now, I've not kept up with his progress extensively, since he doesn't really care to talk to people he doesn't like much for very long. But judging from what he said, Amy (his tulpa) has some sort of moral compass, even though she is sometimes-- in his words-- more manipulative than he is.

I don't know if my acquaintance has gone through mental or physical trauma to cause his condition, but I know that his condition is physical, to the extend that it is present in his brain's chemistry. I believe that any cure for my acquaintance would need to be chemical in nature, and that he could only get so close to true morality by therapy and training alone.

There is also a difference between "not having emotion" and "being a sociopath". I don't think Pinkamena is a sociopath-- from what I've heard of their situation, they have repressed their emotions due to mental trauma. With enough therapy and training, I don't doubt that Pinkamena would be able to feel their original spectrum of emotions.

I gotta get used to putting spaces between paragraphs...

I like being the way I am, I want to even be more of a socio/psychopath.

Whenever I feel any empathy, or even contemplate it, (the same with love and the sort) I feel like I'm being tricked. I don't like how my thought processes can be affected be emotion. Like, depending on the emotion I will reach a different conclusion when I think. I hate that. And I hate the way all emotion is, is evolution's trick to making you continue the species.

Holy shit that's edgy. Nearly cut my arm off.

• 3 months later...

Kadoh, I wish I could change your mind about empathy. Because trusting other people feels really great.

As for the topic at hand, I have a fri-- well, an acquaintance, who is a sociopath and has a tulpa. He has also admitted to being a sadist, and though he has never killed or seriously harmed anybody (as far as I know), the way he jokes about it has always left the question of if he would really would do that stuff, given the opportunity (i.e. no consequences).

For the purposes of this thread, I'm going to assume that he'd take it very readily. In the few instances where I've talked about his tulpa with him, he has mentioned that she has more emotions than he does. She seems to have some sort of moral compass, though nothing I found recognizable as such from what he described. I think this is a disconnect between the way I as a super happy-go-lucky, believes-everybody-has-some-good-in-them, and the way that my acquaintance sees it.

Now, I've not kept up with his progress extensively, since he doesn't really care to talk to people he doesn't like much for very long. But judging from what he said, Amy (his tulpa) has some sort of moral compass, even though she is sometimes-- in his words-- more manipulative than he is.

I don't know if my acquaintance has gone through mental or physical trauma to cause his condition, but I know that his condition is physical, to the extend that it is present in his brain's chemistry. I believe that any cure for my acquaintance would need to be chemical in nature, and that he could only get so close to true morality by therapy and training alone.

There is also a difference between "not having emotion" and "being a sociopath". I don't think Pinkamena is a sociopath-- from what I've heard of their situation, they have repressed their emotions due to mental trauma. With enough therapy and training, I don't doubt that Pinkamena would be able to feel their original spectrum of emotions.

I gotta get used to putting spaces between paragraphs...

This has probably been one of the most informative posts based on this phenomenon. It at least gives a hint that tulpas, even in sociopaths, have at least a chance to have a discrepancy in their emotions in comparison to their hosts.

Thank you for anecdote, Kim.

I'm too lazy to read the whole topic, I just skimmed a few of the OP's posts, so...excuse me if these have already been answered, or deemed irrelevant.

- "Sociopath"(I think what you were looking for is a distinctly emotionally lacking person) making a tulpa.....check. Hello.

- "No change vs. jiminy cricket" -- jiminy cricket. Probably depends on the tulpa's own personality though. Elly's got this whole ["everyone should be happy"/wouldn't hurt a fly] attitude.

- "Gaining emotions you didn't have" - Yup. Slightly. I have only felt guilt in situations directly related to letting Elly down, though.

- "Gaining a conscience" - Through an odd, complicated subset of personal beliefs, I already had something close enough.

Tulpa:

Name: Elyse (Elly)

Birthday: 29th May, 2012

Physical description: 5"8 thin human girl. self-identified age 18. ~1ft, vivid red hair sometimes in a ponytail. light-skinned. green eyes.

Progress: entirely vocal, speaks often, but only 1 hallucination; her saying "Hiiii". Great at possession.

I wasn't a sociopath going into this, but I'd turned off (or possibly developed to a lesser extent than most) feeling a good deal of emotions since when I was a kid. Working on my first tulpa reawakened that part of me and made it more active than I can remember. I started in April and sometime around June or July I was showing her an old favorite movie. There's a part that was "sad but meh" when I saw it in the theater at 9, and affected me less as I grew older. Watching it with her now, I was crying.

I'm too lazy to read the whole topic, I just skimmed a few of the OP's posts, so...excuse me if these have already been answered, or deemed irrelevant.

- "Sociopath"(I think what you were looking for is a distinctly emotionally lacking person) making a tulpa.....check. Hello.

- "No change vs. jiminy cricket" -- jiminy cricket. Probably depends on the tulpa's own personality though. Elly's got this whole ["everyone should be happy"/wouldn't hurt a fly] attitude.

- "Gaining emotions you didn't have" - Yup. Slightly. I have only felt guilt in situations directly related to letting Elly down, though.

- "Gaining a conscience" - Through an odd, complicated subset of personal beliefs, I already had something close enough.

Alright, so from these responses, we can come to the conclusion that at the very least there is a gradual change for the host when a tulpa is created.

Interesting that the Tulpas appear to receive emotions from somewhere; perhaps the subconscious, no matter what, does have emotions that aren't prevalent or presented physically for some reason.