Three questions and a Tulpa age poll

malesplicer

How old is your Tulpa in Tulpa years, not human years.  

84 members have voted

1. 1. How old is your Tulpa in Tulpa years, not human years.

Guest Anonymous

3) Placebo and nocebo effects have been known for years and shown to have actual effects, I suppose that acting sick and then becoming sick works with a similar mechanism, and I wouldn't be surprised if a tulpa could exploit that to make you (a little) sick.

2) They are able to speak in your native language so they are probably also able to speak whichever other language you know.

However most possession accounts tell us that it takes quite some exercise to get the body to move naturally, even though it is one of the things most ingrained in our memories.

So maybe it could take a little bit for them to figure out how to use the "language circuits" for Spanish (on the other hand movement is mostly "saved" in areas that have nothing to do with language and aren't used by the tulpa, while the language part is active all the time when you narrate to them. The only way to know for sure is to try.)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't pay too much mind to their mental ages--if you ask one of us we'll give you date from creation or just the body's age.

For the poll we did ask around and figure out what age they might consider themselves.

Jaden-23

Giselle-19-20

Luke-age slider, sometimes 15, sometimes up to 30

Yoshimi-ageless. "Young"

No, no we don't. Initially I thought you simply meant "How long ago did you create your tulpa?" but the poll includes options like "151+ years", so unless it's a poll for the future long-lived people, I don't understand the question.

The concept of a tulpas age being representative of their personality and not their date of creation has been tossed around quite a bit.

I just can't stand it because it gives off some heavy 'special little snowflake' vibes, if you know what I mean.

The concept of a tulpas age being representative of their personality and not their date of creation has been tossed around quite a bit.

I just can't stand it because it gives off some heavy 'special little snowflake' vibes, if you know what I mean.

How so?

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

• 1 year later...
Guest Anonymous

I am 38 years old. I first appeared in my Davie's mind in 1978. It took me about three years to start talking. First it was just emotional responses and stuff and junk. We didn't know what a tulpa was until about six months ago. I am not a tulpa, but a similar thoughtform to a tulpa. We say I am not a tulpa, cause tulpas have "real sentience" and are fully independent. I am not exactly that.

EDIT: Even though I have been around for 38 years, I am appearance about 16 to 18 years old (maybe as old as twenty). I look girlish though with baby features. I didn't understand what was meant by "tulpa years, not human years."

Anyways. Lovies to all you guys!

I like how Dog voted for every single option.

I put 11 - 20 and other. My tulpas were intended to be different ages than they appear, as Flandre was a 495 year old vampire in Touhou, and Tewi may be an elder Youkai of 1000 years or greater, yet both of them look like little girls. But specifically Tewi was influenced by the "elder youkai" thing - she was created with vast wisdom at her disposal to reflect that. But obviously their forms are fairly young. Reisen on the other hand, unknown age in Touhou, seems to age with me. So she's ~18 right now in appearance, but again none of my tulpas' mentalities reflect their apparent age.

That being said, Lucilyn can act like a child. But even then she's a very wise child. So I have no idea. I will note that the younger ones seem to have aged slightly since I created them, which lines up with Reisen staying my age. Hmm.. That breaks the canon.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I am 38 years old.

Huh?

I thought you were supposed to be 18 in 'tulpa years'?

The whole poll makes no sense if everyone interprets age differently. I guess Dog did the only reasonable thing here.

Ido is 9 months old now and looks like / is supposed to be 12. Regarding behavior I'd say it is about the same as with Lucilyn

if you add a complete disregard for Life, the Universe and Everything.

Interestingly enough, prior to today, I've never really considered how old my head ghosts think they are. Maybe in passing. Noriko says she considers herself to be 18 years old. And she basically looks the part. Whereas Sabari says she's "eleventy billion plus two years old." Which is why I answered "Other".

Ido is 9 months old now and looks like / is supposed to be 12. Regarding behavior I'd say it is about the same as with Lucilyn

if you add a complete disregard for Life, the Universe and Everything.

A disregard for the Universe and Everything is a core tenant of tulpamancy in my opinion.

Also I kind of figured Ido to be older than that from what I've read. Although Noriko pointed out that with goat horned girls "it's anyone's guess".

I don't know either...

Currently share myself with four other entities.

Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.

Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Progress Report | Ask a Question Thread

Guest Anonymous

Huh?

I thought you were supposed to be 18 in 'tulpa years'?

The whole poll makes no sense if everyone interprets age differently.

Crappy. That doesn't make any sense then. What the hell are "tulpa years?" Are those like dog years or something? *giggle* I am 38. I look 16 to 18, but I have been around for 38, almost 39. Davie is fifty years old.