Mass Leaving Thread

Nobillis

Since joining this forum in 2013, your posts have always been some of the most interesting to read. It's sad to see such a valuable member leave. Goodbye, Linkzelda.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

It was fun while it lasted, but all things come to an end. I still know nothing about the inner workings of the human mind. Nor do I know anything about tulpas, but that's I probably never had one to begin with.

Here's hope that you guys will do what I failed to. Good luck.

Guest Anonymous

I doubt very much that those who supposedly have a tulpa know any more about the inner workings of the human mind than anyone else does. Also, I have no idea for sure if any of us have a tulpa. Everybody could be full of shit for all I know. LOL

I enjoyed the discussions we had. Good luck where ever you go from here my friend.

We've lost another one to the evil forces of doubt.

You guys leaving don't understand what I see when you do so. "I've put tons of time and effort into trying to believe in this thing that exists when you believe it exists, but I can't do it anymore. I just can't believe that this thing exists in your own mind when you think it does. I probably never had this thing that exists when you believe it exists in the first place. I now forego everything I previously tried to believe in lieu of not believing. Good luck to the rest of you, because I know that if you believe it will be real to you, but I don't, so. Time to move on and consider these things I believed in a waste of time and pointless, having believed in something that doesn't exist."

Or tl;dr: "I don't believe something is real when you believe it is, even though the only difference between real and fake in your mind is which you choose to believe."

I really don't understand. Do you people even think, just a little? The question "Is my tulpa real? Are any tulpas real?" is probably the stupidest question I've ever heard asked repeatedly, seeming to stump so many.

What is real about a tulpa? What is fake about a tulpa? You know it's not another person. You know it's in your mind. And if you've been here a while, you know all the ins and outs of how to make a tulpa real. Separate the thoughtform from your conscious control, treat it as independent from you, don't doubt. And what you've got then, is a thoughtform that does everything a person does. But people get so caught up on this "realness" thing. What. Is. Real? What. Is. Fake? It is thoughts. It is perceived by you how you choose. It is not a separate human being. And if you do it right, it's not directly under your control either. It is part of your mind. It is part of your brain. It is as "real" as you "believe" it is, but in reality, it simply is what it is.

Oh but giving up because you're unable to find legitimacy in talking to a thoughtform is fine. Some people are of the belief they have nothing to learn from themselves, or that finding comfort in a perceived separate entity in your own mind is wrong or illegitimate in some way. That's all fair. But most people give up because they think tulpas aren't "real." And that's starting to piss me off.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Goodnight, my sweet prince. It's a shame to see so many of the 2014 squad to be leaving.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Guest Anonymous

I think, just I have done, you have to get to that point where you just don't care if they are real or not anymore. You just choose to regard them as real anyway. Stupid thing is I always did regard and treat tulpa people as real, I just talked like I didn't. LOL I hate to see these bright folks leaving for this reason. Maybe it is something in the way the Guides are written or something about unrealistic (pardon the unintentional pun) expectations?

Remember that piece I wrote about being immune to doubt by accepting that some things can be both real and not real at the same time, or somewhere in between (pseudo-real)? I wish people would listen to me. A tulpa does not have to be actually REAL. All that is required is for the host to really want it to seem real.

Do you people even think, just a little?

Hey man, no need to be like that.

On the topic of the realness of tulpas, it seems pretty cut-and-dry to me. Either you think the human brain is capable of sustaining one or more additional independent consciousnesses or you don't. I do. It's okay if you don't. I mean hey, it's a pretty far-fetched idea in the first place, and we all know the kneejerk reaction of most people would be to say it's self-induced schizophrenia (mostly because they don't ufckuigns know hwat rewl schisoprenia is irn the fist palce so fuckem). I guess you could get into a discussion of what a tulpa is, but even among the various interpretations, it's a thing in the brain. There really isn't much room for alternate interpretations unless you get into spooky magick stuff.

Basically it boils down to, "you know how in dreams (especially lucid dreams), you can talk to people and your brain will make up responses? Imagine that, but while you're awake and conscious."

Guest Anonymous

Either way could be true! "Additional consciousness" is possible! I just think it doesn't or shouldn't matter to the science of tulpamancy. I think it was a huge mistake for this forum to make the question of sentience (or "realness" if you will) a central theme of the discussions. It is endless and can never be resolved proven or disproven. The how and why of apparent sentience should have been the focus. That we can talk about productively, and perhaps even make discoveries, on how it actually happens.

Hey man, no need to be like that.

While it sounds more directly offensive than it should, it was a legitimate question. I honestly don't think people ever stop and question what "real" even means when they're doubting their tulpa's existence. I just cannot imagine somebody legitimately holding that thought in their heads and continuing to worry about tulpa "realness."

The real questions lie in morality, social acceptability, and your own beliefs on whether having a tulpa is something you're okay with. Even the question of how much legitimacy you should give a thoughtform is understandable - even someone like me who's at peace with what their tulpas are could still decide taking them seriously was frivolous and not something they should do as a sane and logical person.

But, again, that's not what people say now is it? Every person leaves with the same "whelp I decided my tulpas were never real what a waste of time, good luck to the rest of you with real tulpas though"

And that, pisses me off.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

Again, supporting what I just said. The question of realness drives people away unfortunately. What difference does it make if tulpas are real or not? Either you experience something interesting, or you don't. What difference does it make if it is real, whatever that is? I have spent seven and a half months trying to knock down that question of realness, but I was misguided. All I was doing was continuing to stir it up and make things worse. I think the solution is to under emphasize the question of realness and focus on making tulpas. If the tulpa says they are a real person accept it at face value and concentrate on the coolness factor of tulpamancy! Because it is cool as hell!