The limit of shaping personality?

Hello all,

The question I present is one, after reading guides and the posts of others, that has come to my attention. After learning of tulpae no more than 3 days ago, I decided I would try and create my own. However, when mapping out personality traits of my tulpa-to-be, I referenced quite a few others and their methods of shaping personality. What it boils down to is that I noticed on the blog that the tulpa's likes and dislikes were included (reference: here). But in my own perception I saw this as some form of parroting. I understand creating a personality that would promote forming these likes/dislikes from the tulpa's own decision (such as creating a punk tulpa, who would naturally like punk music), but flat out telling the tulpa what to like and not like seems a bit too far, I guess. In FAQ man's Personality Guide, he states, "The fact of the matter is, you can never spend too much time on personality." This leads me to believe I must be wrong, but still some part of me thinks dictating likes and dislikes is not something I should do. Perhaps my own understanding of parroting is incorrect, and I would like some input and clarification.

tl;dr Can I tell my tulpa what to like and dislike

Borne upon a wave and wind, boy

Your sea will only ebb and flow

You can do whatever you want, really. I think mandating likes and dislikes is silly and I don't think many people actually do that so specifically, but it's not like they can't deviate from whatever you do down the line...

WTB: Rare Tulpas

Guest Anonymous

It's more giving them general guidelines of specific things they like and dislike to then extrapolate from. If you've got a far right winged tulpa, you'd naturally have them specifically hate liberals. Or if you're using your tulpa as a muse, have them specifically like music/art/etc. It'd be physically impossible to tell your tulpa if they liked or disliked everything, so no matter what you're just giving them a general idea.

Do whatever you feel right. I know about tulpa without any predetermined traits in the way it is recommended in guide. I am not sure if you will understand, but when you choose name, shape, color, voice, clothes use someone or something as prototype you are predetermining likes and dislikes.