Chat Thread

Oh yeah, exactly what Enny said, we learned how to do that. It's so strange that it works. But if you stop thinking about it too soon they come back. There's no other way to describe it than just "Adamantly thinking that you will not hiccup anymore"

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll add that to my bank of hiccup solutions, right under "drinking water while upside down"

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

none of the hiccup solutions work, eventually we tried the vinegar one and it just hurt and we prefer hiccups

anyways, maybe they "work" sometimes because people believe they do, but at least for us it's a very active thing. You have to focus on what it's like to not hiccup and keep it that way, takes some getting used to and tbh I just hiccup it doesn't bother me that much

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I don't really have to focus on it at all, weird. Maybe I kinda did at first, but it's habitual enough now that I'll get one, stop it, and move on.

Although, I may or may not get them more often in general than I used to. Like once every couple days instead of every week or two. Weird. Not totally sure.

When I do have hiccups I start breathing in and out very slowly without having a momentary shortage of air

If you focus on your breathing, like, if you breathe very calmly for a few minutes trust me it'll be gone, just breathe extreeeeemely slowly and it should work, never failed me.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

When I do have hiccups I start breathing in and out very slowly without having a momentary shortage of air

If you focus on your breathing, like, if you breathe very calmly for a few minutes trust me it'll be gone, just breathe extreeeeemely slowly and it should work, never failed me.

That seems to follow the general trend of eliminating hiccups, I think. Being that you should focus on something other than the hiccups with all of the attention you can spare.

In middle-school, I had a teacher that, when kids would hiccup, would fold a small, rectangular piece of paper into a right-angle, and stick it on their ears. Typically worked, as the sensation was so present that their minds completely blanked on the hiccups. Crazy what seems to work for different people.

Also, are you Anderson? I read your posts and feel like you are, but I could be wrong.

In middle-school, I had a teacher that, when kids would hiccup, would fold a small, rectangular piece of paper into a right-angle, and stick it on their ears. Typically worked, as the sensation was so present that their minds completely blanked on the hiccups.

That's amazing. Funny mental image, too.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Also, are you Anderson? I read your posts and feel like you are, but I could be wrong.

Yes I am Anderson.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here into

?

Someone or other I follow was raving on about them ages ago, and I recently decided to check them out. I super, suuuper dig it. I'm super inclined to like anything with both synth, and funk, so yeah, definitely wanna buy literally everything these guys have ever made, about now.

• 2 weeks later...

Who's got Dark Souls 3? I'm broke until Friday, so I'll have to do without until then and it makes me wanna cri ;-;