Enny

Chat Thread

Anybody getting the new Doom? I'm 100% uninterested in modern FPS games, but a shareware disk of the first Doom was the first "mature" PC game I ever played and I still enjoy old school run-n-gun style FPS like Doom and Quake. Plus the Glory Kills look sweet, and the campaign is decently long. I may not get it until I'm done with Far Harbor, which is out the 19th I belive, so yeah.

What's everybody playing currently?

I highly considered getting doom as we need a new game we can all play. Despite Zaya not enjoying the insane gore of it all, Minami seemed to want to dive right in. Unfortunately, the schism in the community over the multiplayer kinda did it in for us. Apparently the multiplayer's not anything special, nor very repeatable unless you're just super into it.

But that's just the multiplayer. Everyone says the campaign is fantastic and that although it lacks a lot of story, since when has doom had story?

As far as games of late, we caved and bought Souls 3 today.

First boss had me raging as soon as the twist came. Took me like 5 tries to get him down, but my instincts came back from souls 1 and I started dodging like a boss. Minami loves the feel of the game and the dark style, and wants to start playing ASAP. Unfortunately, he didn't get a chance to tonight, but I promised him he can start dying all on his own tomorrow.

Anybody getting the new Doom? I'm 100% uninterested in modern FPS games, but a shareware disk of the first Doom was the first "mature" PC game I ever played and I still enjoy old school run-n-gun style FPS like Doom and Quake. Plus the Glory Kills look sweet, and the campaign is decently long. I may not get it until I'm done with Far Harbor, which is out the 19th I belive, so yeah.

What's everybody playing currently?

Oh, it definitely looks exciting, so I'll likely pick it up at some point. I tend to stick to consoles, though, and I don't have any at the moment. This PC can't run most games, and even the low-end ones can get choppy sometimes.

Sounds like a pretty strong recommendation for the 880s, Enny. I'll try to pick up a pair next time Massdrop has them. I kind of got an upgrade yesterday, since I found my old M-Audio Q40s, which I bought instead of the M50s ages ago. They're closed, but better what I was using by a large margin. Also the velour Beyerdynamic pads fit them, so that's nice.

The ultrasones were good. Great for gaming, although they were closed, sounded amazing with some of my music, but anything with much treble was like having ice picks driven into my skull. It sucks, because for about 80% of my music they sounded incredible. Plus they were built like a tank and were reasonably comfy (with velour pads).

I want to be ignored

Don't want a speaking part

I don't want any one to notice

The blood spilling out of my exploding heart

So I'm trying to pick up drawing. I've always been pretty bad, but there are two or three from-sight-copy things I've done that I'm super proud of, so I figure actually learning how to make my own stuff would be alright. What's the worst that could happen?

My brother owns a Wacom tablet, and I've been using that to doodle a little bit, but that disconnect I get from not being able to see what my hand is doing is rough. Anybody have a recommended brand of pencils for art? I've got some writing stuff around, but that's about it.

Yeah, just, need more things to fill out my nights when I'm off work that aren't useless, like YouTube. So far it's just learning the piano, and fucking off, so something else couldn't hurt.

If you only knew what all this cost - What she gave up, just to save her art

What is fashion, fashion without love? Like an odradek, a spool without purpose

I'm pretty partial to this one. It's super well made, and mechanical pencils are nice for sketching.

I want to be ignored

12 bucks for a pencil!? Is it really worth it?

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Well, it's mechanical, so it doesn't exactly disappear over time. If you plan on doing art long term, that sounds more than reasonable.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

I have literally nothing but disposable income to my name, so $12 is a drop in the bucket. I'll order it in a day or two (Will check around some stores beforehand).

Also need a sketchbook or something, I guess. Funnn.

Yeah, idunno. I don't know why I wanna pick it up. I hated art in school with a fucking passion, but that was probably mostly because the teacher was one of those condescending art-snob types, and all I was doing that year anyway was sleeping. I guess since then I've always just said I hate drawing, and art in general, but I need to stop being such a lamer, and admit that it's fun to make things if you're in the right mindset, and environment. Even if it's nothing of worth to anyone else, right? So yeah, maybe in a year or two, if I keep at it, I'll be decent or something.

12 bucks for a pencil!? Is it really worth it?

I've always been of the mind that if its something you plan on using for a long time, then it's better to spend a little extra and get something that will last. It's like paying $100+ for a pocket knife, it sounds nuts until you think of it as a tool you're going to depend on every day and that could possibly save your life at some point (as a tool, not a weapon), at which point it starts to seem a little less crazy.

I want to be ignored

Fuck, shipping on that pencil (And some lead and stuff) was super expensive so I figured I might as well add another one (.7 and .5) and get some lead for that too, and the standard shipping somehow jumped up to $60 or something and I thought "Well that's just not worth it, is it", and caved on an Amazon Prime membership so now I just spent $141 dollars on two pencils and lead, where did I go wrong