Lack of Concentration and Commitment

Ennui

And yes, this chit-chatting only further shows the depths of my concentration levels :s

Maybe try letting your tulpas in on the conversation a bit?

I often find that a more laid-back, conversational approach works for me, personally. As someone with ADD, I understand very well how hard it can be to really sit down and focus on developing a tulpa. It's part of the reason why I almost never do active forcing, and instead rely mostly on passive forcing (that is, just interacting with your tulpa when you're doing other things, without really needing to sit down and focus on your tulpa, specifically).

Often, the easiest way to develop them is to keep them in my thoughts, and allow them to weigh in with their opinions on, well... anything I'm up to. Your tulpas don't have to be something that you only think about and work on at a specific time with specific goals, like an assignment of some kind. You can talk to them anytime, and your connection with them will become stronger for it.

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this issue has been had by almost everyone at some point - it can be hard to keep up with a process especially if you don't immediately see any tangible results. I'm like one of the worlds worst procrastinator so I've had to take to using time when I can't do anything else (like walking to work).

Indeed time is a factor and for some it can take a long time (myself included but hey, no rush).

I have hard time active forcing too. What i have done is i am trying to draw my tulpa while she is posing. This i kinda makes visualisation into manual task you perform (to some extent). Just wish i was better at drawing tho XD.

Maybe try letting your tulpas in on the conversation a bit?

I often find that a more laid-back, conversational approach works for me, personally. As someone with ADD, I understand very well how hard it can be to really sit down and focus on developing a tulpa. It's part of the reason why I almost never do active forcing, and instead rely mostly on passive forcing (that is, just interacting with your tulpa when you're doing other things, without really needing to sit down and focus on your tulpa, specifically).

Often, the easiest way to develop them is to keep them in my thoughts, and allow them to weigh in with their opinions on, well... anything I'm up to. Your tulpas don't have to be something that you only think about and work on at a specific time with specific goals, like an assignment of some kind. You can talk to them anytime, and your connection with them will become stronger for it.

The thing is, I haven't actually given my tulpa a voice yet. She communicates with visual interaction and facial expressions. Is this a common problem? She just doesn't want to speak. I'd definitely feel more comfortable knowing if this is just a temporary problem, something a tulpa gradually picks up along the way.

The thing is, I haven't actually given my tulpa a voice yet. She communicates with visual interaction and facial expressions. Is this a common problem? She just doesn't want to speak. I'd definitely feel more comfortable knowing if this is just a temporary problem, something a tulpa gradually picks up along the way.

Not every tulpa has a voice right away, but it's something they can develop over time. I don't think that communicating visually is a huge problem, though -- after all, it's still communication, and there are certain messages that do come across that way, even if they're hard to put into words. I think that engaging your tulpa in passive forcing would still be beneficial, even if they're only at that stage.

Not every tulpa has a voice right away, but it's something they can develop over time. I don't think that communicating visually is a huge problem, though -- after all, it's still communication, and there are certain messages that do come across that way, even if they're hard to put into words. I think that engaging your tulpa in passive forcing would still be beneficial, even if they're only at that stage.

Thanks a lot for that, I'll start passive forcing now, then hopefully she'll start to speak. I'll just have to be patient I s'pose.

You need motivation? You need hype? Ok,one thing,A RELEASE DATE FOR FALLOUT 4 HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

I'm sincerely sorry for that. Now to get on to the actual thing...

I lacked motivation,too.I mean,I really,really lacked motivation. There were times when I would be completely hyped up and ready to do some research for all this stuff,but then I would just turn off my computer after 10 minutes,having nearly totally gave up on the idea of making my tulpa.

Because I just wasn't able to make up my head with all of the guides-tips-resources giving me completely different advice.I wasn't able to get ready for the narration stage while one person was saying narration with personality is the easiest and the other person telling me that narration is practically imposibble with a personality.

I had to stop reading-researching-asking questions for nearly half a year to pick myself back up again.

I then became able to do stuff by learning that this thing had to be done only by my own way and that guides were just that,guides. They aren't a set of holy rules that you need to follow with all your might.

What motivated me was knowing that I would have my very own tulpa,my lifelong friend,that I would be able to directly communicate with and even touch if I had the necessary commitment. I kept on thinking about it,daydreaming,writing stories and poems that were about my would-be tulpa,even listening songs that reminded me of her...

The point is,I kept thinking about her non stop,and I never gave up on the way that I wanted to do things with,these were the things that kept me motivated.And now,I've finally started the process of creating her.

That's my story in a nutshell.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

You need motivation? You need hype? Ok,one thing,A RELEASE DATE FOR FALLOUT 4 HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

I'm sincerely sorry for that. Now to get on to the actual thing...

I lacked motivation,too.I mean,I really,really lacked motivation. There were times when I would be completely hyped up and ready to do some research for all this stuff,but then I would just turn off my computer after 10 minutes,having nearly totally gave up on the idea of making my tulpa.

Because I just wasn't able to make up my head with all of the guides-tips-resources giving me completely different advice.I wasn't able to get ready for the narration stage while one person was saying narration with personality is the easiest and the other person telling me that narration is practically imposibble with a personality.

I had to stop reading-researching-asking questions for nearly half a year to pick myself back up again.

I then became able to do stuff by learning that this thing had to be done only by my own way and that guides were just that,guides. They aren't a set of holy rules that you need to follow with all your might.

What motivated me was knowing that I would have my very own tulpa,my lifelong friend,that I would be able to directly communicate with and even touch if I had the necessary commitment. I kept on thinking about it,daydreaming,writing stories and poems that were about my would-be tulpa,even listening songs that reminded me of her...

The point is,I kept thinking about her non stop,and I never gave up on the way that I wanted to do things with,these were the things that kept me motivated.And now,I've finally started the process of creating her.

That's my story in a nutshell.

a release date for fallout 4 would be like a blessing...

and yes, i've kind of given up on guides now... i was also doing really well yesterday, did a lot of active-forcing, etc... but today... just haven't done anything. is it a problem if it's not a daily routine?

a release date for fallout 4 would be like a blessing...

and yes, i've kind of given up on guides now... i was also doing really well yesterday, did a lot of active-forcing, etc... but today... just haven't done anything. is it a problem if it's not a daily routine?

I don't think it really needs to be every single day if you find another schedule that works for you. Of course, less forcing would presumably mean slower results, but, you don't necessarily have to force every single day in order to develop your tulpa.