Let's Discuss Video Games

Brassow

I feel kind of bad for not mentioning Freedom Planet, as I bought it along with Dust force, and have been digging it too. It IS a really well put together game.

I usually pick Carol, as she can roll in to a ball, and that's one of my favourite things to do in 2d Sonic games. But the game is more difficult with her than with Lilac, who seems to both be faster and do more damage per hit. One clear example being how easily Lilac can bypass the stage 2 mini boss, and how Spade is super annoying to fight with Carol, where he's only moderately difficult with Lilac.

It'll be nice to see the DLC with Torque and Spade playable.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eastern Mind: The Lost Souls of Tong-Nou, and it's (japanese only) sequel, Chu-Teng, are wonderful obscure Adventure games by Osamu Sato, who you may know for making LSD: Dream Emulator. Tong-Nou isn't that hard, and the only really hard parts I have struggled with in Chu-Teng are the battle sequences.

If you like surreal things or just love adventure games, give these games a shot.

Host: Cam (that's me!)

Appearance: Keeping that disclosed, too.

Tulpa: Toree (we're still working on the name; i'm bad at names)

Age: At least 3 days old (made her a tulpa on December 3rd, 2015)

Appearance: An anthro Luxray from pokemon with red fur instead of blue. A bit on the chubby side, and also rather tall. Wears robes a lot.

Guest Anonymous

Esterina and I started a Touhoumon Puppet Play Enhanced Randomized Nuzlocke attempt!

Damn, that's a mouth full. xD

At first we had even the types and moves randomized, and we failed multiple times... hard.

But now we switched to leaving types and moves untouched, and we're making semi-decent progress... xD

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING...

> Encounters shiny Youmu

> In the first patch of grass outside the town

> First shiny encounter in YEARS

> Excited

> Tries to gently, gently, geeently damage it...

> "Critical hit!"

> VN;:ÜT;$:VTJ`:=

Felix got so upset. He even recorded it. xD

Not sure if I should laugh... cry... or just end my life... T__T

B-But yeah... we're having fun...

... fun... f-fun... hahaaa...aa... T__T

Aww. I actually pity him...

Greets,

AG & Rina

What do you guys think about the Myst series? I really like puzzle/adventure games. It's really fun! Myst was exciting, and a good start. Riven was also pretty cool, I liked the little things that went between the islands. Exile was AMAZING. The ball ride in Amateria was the highlight of the game. Revelation was also amazing, especially the sleep cutscene with Peter Gabriel singing. End of Ages was a slight disappointment, as you used tablets instead of books. It was very depressing/morbid in the beginning, too. However, I loved the way that you could walk around freely.

What do you guys think about the Myst series? I really like puzzle/adventure games. It's really fun! Myst was exciting, and a good start. Riven was also pretty cool, I liked the little things that went between the islands. Exile was AMAZING. The ball ride in Amateria was the highlight of the game. Revelation was also amazing, especially the sleep cutscene with Peter Gabriel singing. End of Ages was a slight disappointment, as you used tablets instead of books. It was very depressing/morbid in the beginning, too. However, I loved the way that you could walk around freely.

I dig me some Myst! Even though I never got around to finishing the set, I still always have them close at hand.

I actually got my introduction to the series by play URU: Myst Online. Though I could barely figure the game out, I loved walking around its environment. Due to it's barely alive quality, it kind of felt like walking in to a virtual abandoned city, haha. I like such things, so it struck a chord with me, and I kept the game one hand when I had to get a new laptop.

I also bought the first three Myst games in a set, as well. I only started with the first, though. I wanted to try and do them in order. Despite its age, I really dug what I played of it, it has a really nice atmosphere to it, and for a while, I was trying to find another easily acquired game that was like it, without being in the Myst series. The closest I found to my liking was Hiversaires for iOS and Android. It's a pretty neat little game, though I still haven't finished that one, either.

Eastern Mind: The Lost Souls of Tong-Nou, and it's (japanese only) sequel, Chu-Teng, are wonderful obscure Adventure games by Osamu Sato, who you may know for making LSD: Dream Emulator. Tong-Nou isn't that hard, and the only really hard parts I have struggled with in Chu-Teng are the battle sequences.

If you like surreal things or just love adventure games, give these games a shot.

Thanks for the head up on that one! I checked out a few videos on it, and it does look pretty cool.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Best games I've played this year are Bloodborne, Life is Strange, MGSV and Witcher 3.

Bloodborne seems to be pretty cool from what I've seen of it so far, but I don't have a PS4 yet. Have you tried the DLC?

Been playing the new Killing Floor 2 update between working on my finals. Elise literally screamed with excitement when I told her it was out, because this one has the Gunslinger class, which she's been waiting for since October. I almost didn't even buy the game because it's early access and I heard Tripwire's president was threatening to ban people for being racist or whatever, but I'm glad I did.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

I dig me some Myst! Even though I never got around to finishing the set, I still always have them close at hand.

I actually got my introduction to the series by play URU: Myst Online. Though I could barely figure the game out, I loved walking around its environment. Due to it's barely alive quality, it kind of felt like walking in to a virtual abandoned city, haha. I like such things, so it struck a chord with me, and I kept the game one hand when I had to get a new laptop.

I also bought the first three Myst games in a set, as well. I only started with the first, though. I wanted to try and do them in order. Despite its age, I really dug what I played of it, it has a really nice atmosphere to it, and for a while, I was trying to find another easily acquired game that was like it, without being in the Myst series. The closest I found to my liking was Hiversaires for iOS and Android. It's a pretty neat little game, though I still haven't finished that one, either.

I suggest you finish them. All five of them are amazing. I suggest you don't raise your hopes for End of Ages, though. It's still great with awesome art, though. In my opinion, from best to worst, it's Revelation (IV), Exile (III), Riven (II), Myst (I), End of Ages (V). I really loved working through and finishing Amateria in Exile.

Bloodborne seems to be pretty cool from what I've seen of it so far, but I don't have a PS4 yet. Have you tried the DLC?

Ya I actually bought it this past week. I've got to the first boss and I'm stuck here. I keep calling people to help but we always die. I am new game plus 3 though, which increases difficulty but i only ever really notice the increase on bosses. I've been picking it up every night and losing a couple times, then quitting.

I've never played a souls game before this one, and it was very different than any game ive played before but I learned to love it. If you do decide to get a PS4, and like heavily combat based games, I'd tell you to definitely get it.

It's fun though. Its nothing horribly new or game changing. New weapons, areas, enemies, and bosses. It does seem a little more linear than the main game did. Point A to B while the main game had a couple areas you could tackle in any order.

I have so many games I need to finish though. Witcher 3 which I'm close but don't feel like finishing. MGSV, Tales from the Borderlands I just started. Sword Art Online, just got Destiny today and then saw J Stars Vs on sale so I ordered that too...I mean to finish em but then I see a game I want on sale and I put that down and play the next.

If I had to recommend one game to everyone here it would hands down be Life is Strange, and I'm horribly surprised I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on this site. Everyone here seems to love very emotionally involving things and tulpas themselves are so emotionally involving. And Life is Strange has been the biggest emotional rollercoaster coaster for me this past year and made me feel so much for the characters.

I've actually bought it 3 times. Once for me on PS3, then for my friend, and then they announced they are releasing a regular physical edition for next Gen and PC and a limited edition version, which I preordered.