A Potentially Annoying "What If" Question!

Lucilyn

I don't think host would want that. Neither would I. Not only is host's body kinda gross to me, being the wrong gender and probably heavier than my actual form would be despite being shorter (shortly put yeah, she's overweight), but I'd be separate from L and Roska. Assuming we're not all clones of our host. And even then it'd be super weird, I'd have to

fuck

a clone of her as a clone of her? Yeah no.

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say "no". It would be super-creepy to have Amantha around as an other me. And whilst it does solve some of the problems we have, it just wouldn't be the same.

That feeling is mutual.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa

We're dependent on each other. It wouldn't work as well for us compared to what we have now. It would simply be a mental mess for everyone.

Hello, my name is Kurisutina, but people call me Kuri. I have two headmates who I care about and a loving family to be proud and happy for. Do I need to say more?

Other's from this system: Matsuri, Xarbern

Ember: That is definitely an awkward question, Lucilyn. I love my headmates too much to deny them anything, but I appreciate our mental closeness. And the silence of the mind, my gosh -- I used to have a thriving internal dialogue, but I've literally forgotten how to talk to myself since becoming plural.

But then, if they did move out of the body and therefore stopped suppressing the development of my other characters, I might easily end up with new soulbonds before the day was out.

Vesper: I feel deeply conflicted. I like being able to retreat from a body that doesn't look like me, but I don't think I could pass up the opportunity to have my own body and own separate life. We would have the same duplicated cost issues as FallFamily, but on the other hand, I could more than double our contribution to society.

We wouldn't look the same for very long either. Sans Ember's love of sweets, butter, and fried foods, I could really get this body whipped into shape.

If would be harder to choose to stay in the US if I were on my own. I'm not willing to pull Ember out of her life, but London is my home. It's enough of a part of me that I can't be complete anywhere else.

Having a separate body would make cuddling and snogging Ember much easier but making love to her much harder. Short term, we would probably replace all of the latter with a greater quantity of the former.

It would be much more difficult to avoid the sun on my own, but without Ember's fixed obligations, I could at least be properly nocturnal.

Ember: Vesper has made it pretty clear that I'm far from her type and that our relationship is rooted in propinquity, so, close as we are now, there's a strong chance we would drift apart.

Vesper: I could not possibly ask for a more accommodating and compatible host. But back home, my relationship mainly worked because my boyfriend and I were both married to our careers. He travelled a lot, so he stayed with me when he was available. Ember’s ability to just pop in overseas is considerably less.

Iris: I would be somewhat disinclined to leave the system. I enjoy my emotional support and companionship roles here. Back home, I am a sorceress, a human princess of the fae, a monster hunter, and a supernatural private investigator. Unlike Vesper's life and vocation, very little of who I am translates to this world.

The one upside I can see to moving out is that it would provide me time to pursue becoming a fantasy novelist -- writing about my own life and those of people I know back home. This would, of course, require Ember and Vesper to support me for an extended period.

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

I don't know how it'd be for Akai to look like me, we don't want a third Miri around. But with Mirichu no problem, I'd love that if we could keep the mental bond or whatever, no awkward moments between us at all because that's what she's supposed to look like, it'd be like bringing my actual tulpa to real life and not just my tulpa using a copy of my body. She said she would love that if she could project temporary her consciousness into a copy of herself and then return to the original body whenever she wanted, because of closeness and stuff.

We've fantasized about all the cool shit we'd do if we had separate bodies, like we could take turns and have one of us go to school while other walks the dog and the other buys groceries. We couldn't lucid dream together tho.

Oh my god, your system finding this thread was a divine miracle lol, that's crazy.

Anyways, looks like almost no one would be okay with it except for the science-y/productivity types, tulpas who are willing to do anything to get out of their host's head, and Lucilyn. Sort of weird that only she is of the right mindset to be okay with getting totally used to a body directly opposite hers. She saw it as completely non-problematic because she would just be herself, and people would have no choice but to see her as who she was regardless of physical appearance. Interestingly though, she didn't even say she'd identify as female. She's just straight up willing to accept an entirely wrong body and continue being herself with whatever that entails. And that, in my opinion, is kind of inspiring.

... Anyways, I would hate for any of them to be stuck existing in a duplicate of my own body. Even just hugging Lucilyn, the only taker of this proposal, would be pretty awkward. I mean, she would gladly hug me, but, y'know. I'm a 6'2" male, though I guess she could shave pretty easily at the very least, I don't know if I could really get used to that. Of course, she's got no trouble making friends, but losing her would be a huge loss to our system..

But as she said, I'd give the choice to my tulpas.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I don't think I would want that, just based on the month or so a while back he retreated really really far into the mind and I couldn't reach him. It was really depressing and lonely and I had waaaaaay more mental health issues during that time than usual, like I couldn't focus and lost a lot of sleep. Overall, it was a pretty bad time for me, and I think it'd be worse if he was totally separate.

Adam would 100% be down to have his own body. He gets a lot of dysphoria fronting in a female body, but of course I can't go through any kind of ftm procedures because then *I* would become dysphoric :/ but if he had license over his own body he'd be able to get on testosterone and stuff

So in short, a hard no from me but an enthusiastic yes from Adam

Call me sully! (he/they)

One thoughtform: [Adam] (he/him)

~Our system journal~

Feel free to send a chat!!

While I can see how it would be useful, i.e. being able to work on crafts, play video games, or just in general do RL stuff together, I don't think any of us would want it. Mostly because none of my tulpas are human, and the things we most enjoy doing are things that would either be extremely awkward or outright impossible given a human body. So yeah, as nice as a physical body would be, none of us think it's worth being forced to be human, though Varlan jokingly said that he might be a little more open to it if he was able to just constantly wear the fursuit I have based on him.