Tulpas and Tulpa-like Things in the Media

Lacquer

In Dexter, he talks to his deceased dad all the time, full well knowing he's dead. Actually when I was at the very start of making my tulpa, I got to that part in Dexter, and thought it was amusing that the protagonist from the show I was binging and I were both talking to tulpa like entities.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vinny of Vinesauce knows what a tulpa is, I guess! ?

From what I understand a lot of Vinesauce's popularity came from 4chan, and someone who is fairly familiar with that site's culture (especially a few years back) would have probably heard of the concept at least once. Even when talking about the internet in a broader sense it's not as obscure as some might think.

• 1 month later...

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows any TV episodes, books, movies, etc. centered on plurality. I know tulpae aren't well known at all, and all the media seems to know about plurality is the most severe forms of DID, but I'm hoping there is something that talks about plurality as more than a symptom of an illness.

I'm minded of the films Multiplicity and Drop Dead Fred.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's somewhere in this thread already, but the TV show "Perception" featured a John Nash-esqe character with paranoid schizophrenia. Of course, the forms he sees are presented as hallucinations and most only last a little while, but he has one thoughtform of a woman he saw once and fell in love with. She (Natalie) is a lot more like a tulpa that a run-of-the-mill TV hallucination. A lot of the B-plots even deal with what it's like to be plural/hear voices, especially how the main character views his hallucinations as mostly helpful, even if distressing in everyday life. I've been rewatching episodes with C and it means a lot more, now.

-J

[Edit: Random typo]

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

There's a few animes based on tulpa, Anohana is a good example. Didn't think much about it when I saw it first but now, I may consider rewatching.

The new Destiny 2: Forsaken expansion. The main antagonist has a interesting tulpa.

Spoilers:

The antagonist host manages to give the tulpa a body. Tulpa then ate the host. Beautiful, isn't it? 

Hello. I'm Xar, and I'm the original host of this system.

I share this head with Matsuri and Kurisutina

Progress Report | Vibe with our system