Does Your Vision Blur When You Zone Out?

GrayTheCat

While talking to Miri and shield in the cBox, they brought up the fact their vision blurs when they "zone out" or "space out". For me, I end up staring at something without thinking about anything. I wonder if this has something to so with our difficulty learning switching?

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

Uh, either or? I don't see this as remotely related to switching, anyways.

I really want to say it's random if my eyes unfocused when zoned out or if they just rested looking at something, usually the latter though.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Part of why I feel like it's related to switching is because it's dissociation. When Ranger possesses the body, everything seems crystal clear to me. I tried dissociating to where my vision blurs and I can't seem to do it.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

these seems really unrelated to me. vision blurring doesn't have to do with dissociation, it's just about whether your eyes rested focused on something, or focused on nothing

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Well, by lose focus I meant literally my eyes unfocusing, which I think is actually them being focused at some other random (probably closer) distance. Even if I just do visualization for more than a few seconds, with my eyes open, if I'm focused on trying to immerse myself in it then I'm paying zero attention to what my eyes are seeing. If that's what you're talking about with focus, literal focus, uh - yes, it's extremely important to be able to stop focusing on the outside world and direct your attention inward. I don't even know what a lack of ability to do that would entail, but even aphantasiacs are generally able to focus inward like that I think.

I have likened the complete lack of focus on the real world while say showering and talking to my tulpas/doing visualization to dissociation, and while it's in practicality not the same (that's a terribly messy way to try and ""dissociate"" as opposed to just sitting still and focusing on your self mentally) it does feel like the same state. Though, when I dissociate for switching, it's very deliberate and I'm moving my sense of self away from the body. When showering or whatnot and talking to my tulpas, I may not be focused on reality, but I wouldn't call myself completely dissociated, either. It's like unlocking a lock without moving whatever was being locked, so it still stays in place, maybe.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

When I zone out while daydreaming or focused on internal thoughts, I can still see the world in front of me, but I'm giving it so little attention I probably couldn't tell you much about it and it feels like a blur. My vision may become unfocused. If the body is on autopilot, though, vision will be focused and attending to whatever, but my own attention is on my inner thoughts and I'm not experiencing the world very much. It seems the body/brain is able to process and react to the environment without my full attention. When it comes to switching/fronting/possession... I suppose if both host and tulpa are using the same attention system, it may not be possible for the host to tune out. Because the tulpa is focusing the shared attention. I can't offer any insights into overcoming that.

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log

If I'm staring vacantly at something, it's because I'm deep in thought. I couldn't tell you if my eyes are focused, because even though they are loyally still sending information, I'm not really processing it or remembering it. But there is neither blurring worthy of note nor an absence of thought.

I agree with Lumi and Bre that this doesn't sound like anything associated with switching. A form of dissociation may be a result of switching, in that we no longer treat ourselves as in the body in spite of perceiving the physical senses with perfect clarity. But dissociation has never been a technique we use in switching and the physical senses have never faded any as a result of switching, however dodgy our very consciousness might sometimes have gotten.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

my vision doesn't blur like that. when I start to lose awareness of vision I don't lose details, I lose something, but it's not blurriness. it's hard to discribe

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

when I zone out.. vision is not something I even thinking about. It's more like my brain is zoning out so Im not focusing on something any more much .. well I cant think if my vision blurs or not as I really are not paying it attention to that.

I'd think that not to be related to switching.

I do know though when it comes to medical stuff that blurring vision can be connected to disassociation. One time when I collapsed and had a seizure (quite embarrassing as it was out in public and when I come too I had people all around me), immediately before that I suddenly went into blurred vision and it was like the world changed went all bright but also went hollow and everything was all like far away.. altered sense of space (so I think of that like disassociation as I was disconnected). That was all a result of my low blood volume and not enough blood getting to my brain.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition