Don't know if I'm actually getting anywhere

GravesTC

We've gone through personality and I wanted to leave the rest up to her and we're now beginning the visualisation stage, but first I want to get the concept down to help me for when I start creating her form in my mind's eye. However, I have no idea if she's sentient or not. I treat her as if she is, and if I get thoughts come into my head that I suspect could be her, I tend to take the ''if you said that, then _________'' approach, but I don't actually know how to recognise it if I am being talked to.

When it comes to thinking about her throughout the day I haven't been doing very well since the start. I'd mainly leave that kind of thing until forcing sessions but now and then comment on things during the day in my mind, while directing at it her. But that's the thing; it's just titchy comments and no real conversation. I don't really know what else to say. As of earlier today I've been reminded of something I used to do when I was more devoted to lucid dreaming and I've done a lot better with just keeping part of my awareness focused on her... but like I said, narration is still terribly lacking and I'm clueless on how to fix it.

tl;dr:

1. How do I know if my Tulpa is talking to me/sentient?

2. I'm terrible when it comes to talking to her because I don't know what to say. How do I get around this?

EDIT: It's been about 11 hours or something but I don't really count anymore.

1 Assume sentience from the beginning. As far as talking goes, it may be best to think of her as technically capable of speech, but that you still need to learn to hear her and she has to learn how to best project her thoughts. The speech may be more faint and less distinguishable than you're expecting, but it could very well be there early on.

2. Just let your thoughts flow freely to her. Don't try to force yourself to talk about tulpa-related things all the time, it's just a somewhat one-sided conversation with a dear friend. Maybe talk about a subject that interests you or a problem you've been having? All that really matters is acknowledging the tulpa's presence and developing a bond.

>Assume sentience from the beginning

I've been doing that, I just haven't had anything solid to back it up. As for speech, the 'responses' I get are usually instantaneous - like a split second after I've said something - that's why it's hard to tell if it's me or not.

>The speech may be more faint and less distinguishable than you're expecting

That might be so. I've been expecting a mental 'voice' that I would know is not my own.

>Don't try to force yourself to talk about tulpa-related things all the time

I don't. It's actually the other way around, really.

>All that really matters is acknowledging the tulpa's presence

So would just trying to focus on her existence count? 'Cause that's what I'm trying to maintain; constant fixation on her, but not necessarily verbal (as I've been struggling with that).

You don't get anything by assuming it will just happen when you wait for it, believe it already is so and it shall happen. Trust, belief, teamwork, important words when it comes to creating tulpa.

I was happy to hear Sands talk about anything, while it certainly can be difficult to make up topics, they don't have to be anything extremely interesting. Unless your tulpa of course happens to get bored easily, then it would be a problem, haha. Sands would look at the shapes of the clouds - real or imaginary - for subjects he would talk about, though I could present my own, as well.

Speech also requires you to believe that your tulpa can speak. I could try to speak all I wanted to, Sands could try to listen as hard as he could, but if he didn't truly believe, nothing would come out. Conditioning your brain in a way that if you do x, then y happens does work. Such as the whole cutting the puppet strings method, once you cut the strings, you can no longer puppet. There is no room for doubts, you must truly believe for it to happen.

Your tulpa's voice will most likely sound very similar to yourself at first. This "alien" feeling is not something Sands has ever felt, not the kind the guides always talked about. A thing I should mention is that you might first feel what your tulpa is about to say to you before they do and as such you might call parroting. Thoughts are faster than words and apparently very difficult for hosts to tell apart, so pure thoughts sent to you by a tulpa might very well feel like your own, even though they are not. The same works the other was, a tulpa might respond to you before you have finished your question.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

a tulpa might respond to you before you have finished your question.

That's exactly what's been happening. Like, just as I'm about to finish I get the response seemingly as I'm still speaking to her.

That's exactly what's been happening. Like, just as I'm about to finish I get the response seemingly as I'm still speaking to her.

That would be her.

Tulpa's name: April

Form: Human female

Working on: Stuff

My Progress Log

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." ~ Robert Oxton Bolton

It can be difficult to wait until a host answers, it only makes sense to answer them as soon as you understand what they are asking. Thoughts are very fast. But patience and understanding comes with time, though you could also try asking your tulpa to wait until you finish.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

That would be her.

Then that's awesome! But somewhat hard to comprehend hehe... but I'll adjust soon enough.

It can be difficult to wait until a host answers, it only makes sense to answer them as soon as you understand what they are asking. Thoughts are very fast. But patience and understanding comes with time, though you could also try asking your tulpa to wait until you finish.

I don't mind so much just as long as she's talking... but perhaps it would be easier. :P

Guest applesauce99

You don't get anything by assuming it will just happen when you wait for it, believe it already is so and it shall happen. Trust, belief, teamwork, important words when it comes to creating tulpa.

A thing I should mention is that you might first feel what your tulpa is about to say to you before they do and as such you might call parroting. Thoughts are faster than words and apparently very difficult for hosts to tell apart, so pure thoughts sent to you by a tulpa might very well feel like your own, even though they are not.

the answers to my problems. Like, exactly.