How to interact.

Hi, I have made a lot of research on the subject in order to make my attempt as good as possible straight from the beginning.

And now, I decided to make an account in order to perhaps participate in this forum aswell.

However, after reading through the guides several times plus some of the threads, there is one question I am not quite certain on.

When people refer to "talking to their Tulpa" do people begin with "imagining" that they are talking to it or do they actually interact physically with their mouth/voice (or both ect).

And during what "phases" did people do either?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before or if I actually missed it in the guides.

Also, the wonderland which has been described, is it supposed to be empty or is it possible to make it "alive" with movements to some degree (can contain other thoughts)?

While making an attempt to reach some form of wonderland aswell, I had a hard time to actually keep my focus within it

which caused me to wonder another thing.

I would like to ask people who are more experienced, where do you sit/lie during meditation and how is your surroundings?

Are you isolated in a dark room, on your backyard, how much does sounds around you interfere with the process and are you capable of doing it while being out in the open around people?

Do you simply just think about it or are you trying to achieve some form of really deep daydreaming?

I must have ended up on the wrong planet. Everything here is so strange.

Little of both. When I develop personality, things usually happen in third person. When I narrate, I imagine she's here with me while not visualizing her (yet).

I do not have a wonderland. I think they're a silly and dumb idea, only obstructing progress.

I sit in my room, isolated from as much noise as possible. I used to have it completely dark, until I found I'd easily fall asleep that way. Now, I usually have it lit up. I might try to darken it again sometime, though. No, I don't lay down.

Again, little of both on the last one. My personality development preferably involves very deep, lucid daydreaming, while narration is just talking to my tulpa.

Guest Albatross_

When people refer to "talking to their Tulpa" do people begin with "imagining" that they are talking to it or do they actually interact physically with their mouth/voice (or both ect).

It depends on personal preference. Most people, when designing personality, think in their mind with their mental voice; the one you use when you think to yourself.

But you can do it out loud if you like. There's speculation that it may cause your tulpa to gain vocal abilities more quickly.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before or if I actually missed it in the guides.

All of them. The only difference is that you're just talking about different things in different phases.

When you decide to start narration, though, it's generally thought that you should do it out loud when you can. It's ok to narrate in your head, though.

This is something i'm interested in as well. I'm about 5 hours into the personality phase, but i'm having problems with actually, well, giving personality. I imagine throwing boxes in a hole, while i say (in my head) what that trait is, how it works together with other traits, (like my tulpa, which i so far just call is "tulpa" is usually energetic, but calms down when reading, listening to music, etc etc). The thought could then go like "You like classical music, as you find it calming. You don't like electronic or other fastpaced music since it doesn't calm you". Obviously, it's more advanced than that, but writing the entire train of thought would take a while. I'm just wondering what you actually thought, how you told your tulpa its traits, because the guide summarizes it as "bla blah blah".

Cheers!

Guest Albatross_

This is something i'm interested in as well. I'm about 5 hours into the personality phase, but i'm having problems with actually, well, giving personality. I imagine throwing boxes in a hole, while i say (in my head) what that trait is, how it works together with other traits, (like my tulpa, which i so far just call is "tulpa" is usually energetic, but calms down when reading, listening to music, etc etc). The thought could then go like "You like classical music, as you find it calming. You don't like electronic or other fastpaced music since it doesn't calm you". Obviously, it's more advanced than that, but writing the entire train of thought would take a while. I'm just wondering what you actually thought, how you told your tulpa its traits, because the guide summarizes it as "bla blah blah".

Cheers!

Welcome to the forums!

What you are doing is fine (in fact it is the same process I used, minus the boxes part). The goal here is to get to the point where you feel you have the personality defined in your mind. Some say that you are doing well when you can say your tulpa's name and all the traits you've defined come to mind automatically.

Basically, if you feel like what you are doing is correct, it is.

I had the same problem as you when I started personality; I thought, how the hell will just saying sentences in my head do anything? But after a few hours that went away.

Personality is easier than a lot of people make it out to be, because a lot of people try too hard.

Also, you might find that giving your tulpa a name, even if it's temporary, will help "bind" the traits you define together and give you something to talk to.

AS [sPACE] WELL

Narration can be both.

It's debated, but it can be done in all stages.

Also, the wonderland which has been described, is it supposed to be empty or is it possible to make it "alive" with movements to some degree (can contain other thoughts)?

What one's wonderland is is very flexible. Some people use a blank black space. Some people have a snapshot of the room they're n as a temp visualization space. Some people have an area where only your tulpa and you live in. Some people have entire worlds.

I would like to ask people who are more experienced, where do you sit/lie during meditation and how is your surroundings?

Are you isolated in a dark room, on your backyard, how much does sounds around you interfere with the process and are you capable of doing it while being out in the open around people?

This all depends on how well you concentrate. I can ignore distractions, but some have to be in an isolation tank. The isolation tank thing was hyperbole. But to be serious, some people need to cut out all distractions.

Do you simply just think about it or are you trying to achieve some form of really deep daydreaming?

Again, varied here.

[Note: Opinions]

Wow, thanks a lot for all the answers regarding my questions! This was incredibly helpful and also made me realise that you can reach the same goal using different methods and make certain compromises etc.

Also, since I did find it hard to identify something without giving it a form, I began to imagine and identify my future tupla as a soul like, bright orb being in an empty dark space.

Do anyone think that this will have a negative impact or work worse?

Guest Albatross_

Also, since I did find it hard to identify something without giving it a form, I began to imagine and identify my future tupla as a soul like, bright orb being in an empty dark space.

Do anyone think that this will have a negative impact or work worse?

That is perfectly alright. In fact, many of us have done nearly the exact same thing.

Great! It feels great that I've actually gotten a major interest in something, cause I haven't felt this engaged into a subject for a very long time (not sure when actually).

It feels like I've stumbled upon magic which finds logic. A way to manipulate myself and create something by dividing.

And despite if the outcome will be more successful or not, I will probably turn out as a more experienced individual and always keep meditate and practice.

There is still something which fears me though.. I have always been an imaginative individual by nature and have done related things just never followed anything up nor aimed to kept focus on anything specific for such a long amount of time.

And I whonder how prehaps going astray during a few occations may cause it all to not work?

For example, how a few specific failuers of reaching the right meditation in the middle of everything might cause it all to fall apart?