cruse

Misinterpretation of “assuming sentience from start” philosophy.

{I gained sentience way before Flo even thought i was sentient.}

And i still have no idea how that happened.

{For me, as soon as you decided to make me, i was sentient. You just couldnt hear or feel shit.}

Um... okai.

{Yeah.}

[i honestly have no idea what he’s talking about. I dont think i was truly sentient until you finally accepted me.]

{Well you yelled at her for a while beforehand, that’s gotta count for something.}

[True.]

... that awkward moment when you have nothing to say to the voices in your head.

[XD]

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

Just like Comm Data mentioned with the cocoon analogy, I feel this is what people disregard in terms of those unconscious responses and reflexes that become psychological predispositions that is most likely preparing us and our tulpa to get used to the experience. Which is why when people find themselves having a vocal tulpa, it's just that they're more receptive towards those seemingly "random" voices, and they don't overlook those aspects or assume they're fake or have some kind of pretense.

So the people who overlook simple signs of sentience that's continually growing and build predispositions that leads into cognitive dissonance and what's supposed to be "real," the "right" feeling instead of knowing it's just "unconscious" feelings and sensations, they eventually become intimidated by other people's progress, when in fact, their minds are just going through its own unique way of conceptualizing these things.

Here's the thing, just like SuperFloree's tulpae were just having a conversation, she was able to believe in them, and thus she's more receptive to what seemed like random voices, but because the more she got into being aware of them and accepting of them, the voices become more redefined. So whether or not she would be "parroting" or "squeezing" their voices, all efforts towards the vocal tulpae she has would eventually become easier and fluid.

And her short-attention span is also another reason of how she can have tulpa that are sentient and possibly vocal (not sure on the status on your tulpae). Because she wouldn't want to put much effort into potentially "squeezing" out the voices, her critical factor is more susceptible in allowing those voices to go in and out through her mind. So the more analytical we are, the more we have to find a way to distract our critical factor to the point where we're in a suggestive state of acknowledging the voice development happens at an unconscious level.

Maybe it's the people who are more naive, or more loose about things have a critical factor that's less critically aware or doesn't need to be as critically aware seeing how the person is enjoying the experience as something beneficial to them. And anyone, with practice, can find ways to overload the critical factor with words and languages and such to where we can slip suggestions while in a trance or suggestive state, and because of this, people who are over-analytical can actually have faster progress because they'll start seeing the bigger picture.

So if a person can master how the critical factor in our minds works and can convince it to seed some suggestions into the unconscious that can grow naturally and rapidly, this is just one of many principles of how people can have a "speedier" tulpa.

They're mostly vocal btw (most of the time i still have to concentrate on them, but sometimes they talk on their own like before), but they use up a lot of my brain power so when they have a conversation like that for too long i literally cannot think >.< Ya know what I'm talking about?

And I still haven't been even the least bit contributing to this thread XD I should just go.

*poofs*

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

Nonsense Super floree no matter what other people may say opinion no matter how little or big or how negative or positive can provide insight into things. At the very least it provides a stat or percentile survey on what other people think. So in this matter you have contributed to the thread probably more then me for im just a simple person who is merely suggesting something just like you are.

Xeare I agree

Tulpa progress Name not given yet working on giving her voice.

Form human pinkish red hair with glasses normal body.

She contradicts me in certain ways. She has more emotions then I have yet I wish to be more emotional. Im estimating at least 300 more hours should be put into her. She was from my dreams.

LOL WAT XDD Dude I've just been popping in here randomly talking about things not even related to the topic, I'm not contributing anything.

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

I'm three months late to this thread, but I'd still like to give my thoughts on it. I saw Semi-Nomadic's post and a few other posts stating that, while a fully sapient/sentient tulpa within a week isn't impossible, it most probably would require one to have an unusually malleable mind, have done a shitload of preparation, or just be plain crazy. However, there's a few things you need to be clear on.

First of all, what is fully sentient? Does that mean that the tulpa can form it's own sentences? Does it mean that the tulpa can possess with no problems whatsoever? What do you see as fully sentient or a "complete" tulpa?

I will admit, if I see somebody say that they have imposition, possession and full vocality after 2 days flat I will call them on their bullshit right on the spot. However, depending on said person's mind, some things may be easier to achieve than others. Moon_Shooter for example could already impose before he even knew of the term imposition. So a young and imposed tulpa doesn't necessarily have to be a fake. Yes, there are fakes, obvious ones and not so obvious ones, but as I've seen many in this thread say, you simply can't call them fakes without any proof for your statements. And this is where people with a scientific mindset will fail. They will think "oh, i have nothing to back my statement, and thus I will not make it" whereas a fake tulpamancer wouldn't care for it and use whatever means they have available to be a part of this small yet chaotic community, and the only thing one can really do is either ignore them or question them so hard about tulpas that they shit their pants out of ignorance and run away and never return again.

To be fair here, even though I'm arguing against hosts who claim that their tulpas were vocal on day 1, I am one of those people. I got my first response on day 2, and she was entirely vocal after 1-2 weeks. I am not ashamed of this, and to my surprise, not many people have called me a faker, nor did their behavior (as far as I know) towards me imply that they thought that. I started thinking about this, and came to the conclusion that it's all about mindset. For one, when starting, I was (mostly) following FAQ_Man's guide, and was seriously prepared to force for at least 3 months until I got any signs of sentience. Second, I am and was a Buddhist before starting, and was already familiar with meditational practices and autosuggestion methods, and lastly, I was significantly more gullible back then than I am now.

So I heard a reply on the second day, while narrating. Loud and clear, a very feminine "Okay!" that cut through my sentence and surprised me - so much that I even got a little scared at first. After that I didn't hear much, but I kept pushing it and looking to find answers, and little by little, they went from loose, incoherent words to small sentences and replies, then full sentences and eventually full vocality. Might I have been parroting during that period? Sure. Could it have been that my mindstate simply helped me develop vocality faster than some others? Why not? I have been forcing for 6 months now and that vocality is pretty much the ONLY progress I've made, I can barely visualize, possession is also scarce, and imposition and switching aren't even in sight.

If I see a tulpamancer who shows similar behavior, I will believe them 9 times out of 10. If their mindset is right, they are serious about tulpas, they are open to suggestion ("Well, you do realize that you may have been parroting, right?" "Of course") and they're not claiming to have inhuman tulpamancing abilities, then I don't see why we should disregard their experiences as "fake" just because some RP'ing kid had to ruin the phenomenon to "be a part of it". A healthy attitude would be treating people on a case by case basis, and questioning them before dismissing them as liars, because some people may be confused as to what's going on and might be rejected because they seem to be RP'ers (like Xeare's comparison of pbc and SuperFloree, where pbc is full of crap, while SuperFloree may seem to be full of crap while, if you take the time to listen to her, she really isn't.)

Last thing I'd like to address is RP. Within the tulpa community, I've seen 3 forms of RP. Hosts that RP (which is fine as long as it's done in private imo), tulpas that RP (same thing), and hosts that RP tulpas. That last one is the actual issue. You see, I've noticed some people feeling particular (understandable) discontent with RP'ing hosts or tulpas, and then talking about them as if they were hosts RP'ing tulpas. This is why I believe RP should be kept in private. There happen to be certain people (and tulpas) who enjoy internet RP, and nobody should be able to judge them as long as they're not bothering anyone. It's a two-way thing, really. If you take care not to bother those around you, then those around you won't bother you, and that also works the other way around.

And this doesn't only go for RP either, also tmi stories that nobody wants to hear being shared in public. I have had plenty of discussions and events with my tulpas that I will never share with anyone because 1. nobody wants to hear it and 2. it's personal. Your tulpas need privacy too and whoring them out to strangers on the internet is disrespectful imo.

tl;dr make sure to listen to everyone on a case-by-case basis before judging them, and judge their behavior while they do so, not by the individual statements they make (i.e. questioning them to gauge them), don't tell things to strangers that don't interest/concern them ("my tulpa's nipple piercings are bleeding heeaalllp!!"), and don't disregard someone just because of your first impression of them.

Nicely stated Zero. I agree that we should be more vicarious and understanding of others, because when other people start shunning down other members that seem to make more progress than others, they probably just forget that mindset can make all the difference. It seems pointless for a host to go through hours on end and not practice perseverance and some passion with that. I've seen users going through sporadic waves of doubt and making new beginnings of solace and seeing things in a different light because they reached the breaking point before seeing greater change.

With the philosophies behind treating a tulpa as sentient beings while the host goes through personal development in tandem with that, people tend to gravitate more on comparing others and feeling inferior in their own progress. I think in my perspective in trying to be analytical about this that I've realized I've been gaining perspectives from others that added on to the development of the tulpas that I interact with. And although I can only give you the benefit of doubt, you and other members that seem to be more passionate and serious about this may have the probability of having a sentient (but not of the highest caliber) tulpa in a shorter time-frame solely because of the higher levels of perseverance and other attributes you all tend to exhibit. It could be for others reasons, like your previous experiential knowledge with meditation, who knows?

I've started notice that I'm being more reflective on others and getting all sorts of thoughts that aren't things I would contemplate on. I ended up communicating with my tulpas and seeing they've been vocal in non-linguistic means while I've been proxying those thoughts without even realizing it, which was probably the cause of circular reasoning in probably all of my posts here and other forums.

by thinking of tulpas as readily and immediately sentient, and by neglecting to actively force them, they will not develop, and may even regress.

I found the opposite had occurred:

About a year ago, I created a tulpa. I formed it, gave it personality and a rough visual form. It was sentient, though it was quiet compared to the rest of my mind. In other words, I created the 'core', and then gave up. It had not fully distinguished or separated from the rest of my consciousness.

I considered it unfinished at the time and assumed it would disintegrate.

However, during recent attempts to astral project, not only did I find my wonderland to be intact, but my tulpa was still there and had developed it's own traits outside my conscious influence. It had grown, changed and solidified it's form.

All while I had been ignoring it (unaware of it, really), it had apparently been influencing my general life in some ways. Considering that it is a partition of the mind, this makes sense.

I plan to attempt to contact it to confirm this information sometime tomorrow. If you have any questions, let me know.

My method of creation had assumed sentience.

I found the opposite had occurred:

My method of creation had assumed sentience.

I find that I agree, as when I did, I ended up finding in my head a 'dormant' tulpa that was created long ago in my head, who was maintained subconciously enough that he was almost in 'cyro-genetic' storage where he stayed at his vocal, slightly able to swap stage when I discovered him and re-awoke him.

I also found that if you treat your tulpa as if they are real sentient creatures from the start, they tend to treat you MUCH better, and your bond tends to grow a LOT faster because of it, at least for me.

Here's the way I'll put it:

-If you are the kind of person who likes pretending your creations exist in the real world, assuming sentience will work better for you

-If however, you have a hard time with this, treating them old fashion and letting them get sentience on their own will likely work better

Thats my thoughts on the matter