How To Sustain Concentration While Forcing

ThatOneGuy

Question

There are complaints lately about people not being able to hold their focus while forcing for very long. Their train of thought just sort of drifts away from forcing after some amount of time, or they get restless. What I've found helps with this is taking short breaks while forcing, and modify it to your limits.

For example, if you can't do much more than 30 minutes at a time, go for 30, take a 5 minute break (go walk around a bit, get a drink or some such), and then go back to forcing. If you can't do much more than a hour, then go for an hour and once again take a break, maybe about 10 minutes. I'm going on a sliding scale here of 30 minutes = 5 minutes of break time, maybe shorter or a bit longer depending on what feels comfortable to you.

It should also help with anyone that has ADD or just generally can't focus at all for long periods of time. While at this point I usually don't have a problem with keeping focused, I've found that it helps when I'm especially restless. Questions?

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Anonymous

Approved for tips.

Walking can help keep the mind focused, hydration for the brain is important as well.

A good common sense tip for the common sense disinclined. Find your limit, and break until refreshed. Repeat ad tulpa.

Approved for tips and tricks.

"Assert the supremacy of your Imaginal acts over facts and put all things in subjection to them... Nothing can take it from but your failure to persist in imagining the ideal realized."

-Neville Goddard