Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Pleeb

But am I going about the personality the right way? Is there a wrong way to do it?

I read some blogs and things and one of them mentions getting a list of base emotions and attributes, ending up with about 75-100 and thinking about each for half an hour, which would total 16 hours or so.

Is that a good idea? Is it too much?

There's a few different ways to approach personality. One way is to just abstractly sense it, the other is through narration of traits, e.g. "You are X."

Dane provides a fairly nice Personality Guide covering both methods and I would also check out the Trait Template afterwards.

While I'm not saying this is the right way (is there a "right way?") to do it, here is my method, thought you may have read it in my blog. I'm using Dane's Personality Trait Template as a base. It takes me exactly 20 minutes per trait most of the time... no alarm it just happens that way, but sometimes can be anywhere from 10 to 35 minutes on a single trait -- I just hit 11 hours of total tulpaforcing time last night, and I have 26 out of about 69 left. I also provided the tables in this topic, and I think Rustler published some more cleaned up versions of them.

For me though, I'm actually not even working on a form. I'm working towards a sentient and vocal tulpa first, then I'm going to try creating the form, but I digress.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But am I going about the personality the right way? Is there a wrong way to do it?

I read some blogs and things and one of them mentions getting a list of base emotions and attributes, ending up with about 75-100 and thinking about each for half an hour, which would total 16 hours or so.

Is that a good idea? Is it too much?

Do whatever feels best for you. It's your mind.

Judging by the way you said what you said, it might be useful for you to read this :http://tulpa.info/forums/Thread-Not-exactly-sure-what-to-do

[Note: Opinions]

Ok, read that thread. Sounded a lot like me. I'm not visualising anything yet, only closing my eyes and imagining the feeling of my tulpa in the room with me. Doesn't have a form or anything yet.

@Pleeb I'm going to read the links you posted now.

frt

Ok, read that thread. Sounded a lot like me. I'm not visualising anything yet, only closing my eyes and imagining the feeling of my tulpa in the room with me. Doesn't have a form or anything yet.

@Pleeb I'm going to read the links you posted now.

Trying to "imagine the feeling of your tulpa in the room" isn't what you are supposed to do. That's too close to a "formless imposition." What you should be doing is just personality, in a wonderland, or a snapshot of the room. What that means is: You know when you close your eyes and focus on what you see in your mind's eye? You tailor that into a certain place (wonderland) or just an imaginary replica of the room you're in. DOn't try to make it the real world until the tulpa is done. The tulpa wouldn't be giving off a "feeling" of its "presence" until a few hours into forcing. Actually, did you even read all the guides? You should know all this. Search for the glossary on the forums here; it's help you.

I did read most of the guides, none said I shouldn't be thinking about the presence or feeling of a tulpa so soon.

I did start out with a sort of wonderland and I imagined myself putting all these thoughts and feelings and traits into a cube and then I would give it to my tulpa or whatever, but I felt like I was going nowhere with it. Like I was getting good at imagining the wonderland and the cube but nothing that would actually help.

Right now, I'm going to ditch the presence idea and focus on thinking about this little list of personality traits I have compiled. Thing is now, how do I use these as I think about them? What do I do with them? Do I picture my tulpa as I put the traits into it or what now?

frt

Right now, I'm going to ditch the presence idea and focus on thinking about this little list of personality traits I have compiled. Thing is now, how do I use these as I think about them? What do I do with them? Do I picture my tulpa as I put the traits into it or what now?

Think and talk about them.

What I do is come up with a few, short sentences (as short as possible) for the trait I'm gonna work on, and when I'm ready, I repeat these sentences throughout the whole session while taking short breaks between each sentence, in which I spend a bit of time trying to feel the emotion or imagine my tulpa feeling it. So it's like talk, think, talk, think during the session. It's a pretty straightforward technique and has worked fine for me so far.

It's in other words a combination of the talk-only and think-only methods described in the guides; I like to take little of both.

Alright then. I heard this should take about 3-10 hours and I heard somewhere else it should take about 15/16 hours, both from respected sources.

How long is best?

frt

I did read most of the guides, none said I shouldn't be thinking about the presence or feeling of a tulpa so soon.

...which means that it isn't part of the process.

I did start out with a sort of wonderland and I imagined myself putting all these thoughts and feelings and traits into a cube and then I would give it to my tulpa or whatever, but I felt like I was going nowhere with it. Like I was getting good at imagining the wonderland and the cube but nothing that would actually help.

This part's good, but the connection to the formless tulpa should be there from the start, not a separate thing that you attach later. A similar thing happens with the form. Also you don't "feed" a tulpa "energy" (which it sounds like what the feelings are); you imagine a representation of the trait becoming part of them, symbolically or through words, and for emotions, you have to attach them to a trait or a trait's process.

As I said earlier, you have to "give" the trait to the tulpa.

Alright then. I heard this should take about 3-10 hours and I heard somewhere else it should take about 15/16 hours, both from respected sources.

How long is best?

It's your mind, you go however long you need to. I also wondered how long each "stage" is, and I received the response, "Whenever you feel it should end." Everyone's different when making tulpas. In fact (and I posted about this in another thread) the "stages" are never truly done, you just start to spend more tulppaforcing time on other kinds of forcing.

If you pin down beforehand how long it will take, you're mentally restricting yourself in that regard. Let it happen naturally.

All of what you said contradicts what I read in the various guides.

They say that you should (at some stage) imagine a tulpa with you, usually after they are fleshed out visually and with a personality, and that you need to feed your tulpa energy by talking to them etc to keep them existing. Obviously you don't need to feed them anything, but the idea is you need to pay attention to them for them to grow.

You're saying I shouldn't imagine it with me (later on) and that I don't need to feed it, I just need to imagine words and emotions going into the tulpa?

Isn't that just "feeding" it?

frt

All of what you said contradicts what I read in the various guides.

They say that you should (at some stage) imagine a tulpa with you, usually after they are fleshed out visually and with a personality, and that you need to feed your tulpa energy by talking to them etc to keep them existing. Obviously you don't need to feed them anything, but the idea is you need to pay attention to them for them to grow.

You're saying I shouldn't imagine it with me (later on) and that I don't need to feed it, I just need to imagine words and emotions going into the tulpa?

Isn't that just "feeding" it?

1) You're just starting.

2) It's not "feeding" them some nondefinable "energy," it's paying attention to them and recognizing them as existing, which causes your bbrain to fill their existance in. This also seems to just be an implied thing that happens when the other parts are done.

3) Sorry if I confused you.

4) Everything tulpa is subjective.

5) Relating to #4, the guides are just that, guides, not set in stone rules; they can be intermpeted differently. If I remember correctly, even FAQ Man said this.