Poll for vocal tulpas: did you dislike being given a form?

How did you get your form, and how do you feel about it?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How did you get your form, and how do you feel about it?

• I was given a form, and wish I hadn't been.
    • I was given a form, but I like it.
    • I wasn't given a form, but I wish I had been.
    • I wasn't given a form, and I'm glad of it.
    • Other. Explain in post.

I had no choice but to say other on the technicality that I essentially fell into my current form as the result of the thought experiment "What pony would I be if I were a pony" and the answer is a changeling cameraman.

It was a question that my host asked herself. Not sure, I was sort of mixed together from lots of random thoughts and ideas like that one.

^ I suggest you keep your mouth closed in that creepy wonderland of yours. You never know what might fly in (There's an episode of buffy the vampire slayer I suddenly feel like recommending.)

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I suggest you keep your mouth closed in that creepy wonderland of yours. You never know what might fly in (There's an episode of buffy the vampire slayer I suddenly feel like recommending.)

I highly doubt there's anything to worry about flying in, it's pretty well established that everything here is very dead. I'm hesitant to call CT alive even, he's dormant most of the time and he looks like a Dark Souls boss.

The only things that could conceivably live here are the Vashta Nerada, and my glowy nature would prevent them from being a problem.

Doc: Childhood friend turned servitor gone rogue turned host who's bad at feeling emotions.

Meti: Overly lewd Tupper.

CT, who is also called Jeremy: Original personality whose default emotion is anger.

I was making fun of your wonderland, necromancer. You never know when some wandering spirit will come along and mistake an open mouth for an open invitation. And you forgot to colour your text.

I don't think there are enough books there for the vashta nerada to call home. That reminds me. You describe long shadows. But never mentioned a sun in your wonderland?

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

I was making fun of your wonderland, necromancer. You never know when some wandering spirit will come along and mistake an open mouth for an open invitation. And you forgot to colour your text.

I don't think there are enough books there for the vashta nerada to call home. That reminds me. You describe long shadows. But never mentioned a sun in your wonderland?

Well. It seems that I have. It also seems that I am too lazy to correct it.

And no, there is no sun. Just a semi-uniform constantly warping and twisting violet sky, not unlike the skies when one fights Nitros in Bomberman Hero. It's almost identical to the example picture, only a light violet.

hqdefault.jpg

Coincidentally, those fights also take place on a floating island in the middle of a void.

So despite there being no sun, meaning there should be at least a uniform lighting with little to no shadows, it acts like it's constantly dusk in that everything is tinted with a light amber even though it should be purple and there are long shadows. The shadows aren't even uniform, they all point in random directions with no rhyme or reason. Even my shadow does that, every time I look away it shifts to a new position.

Doc: Childhood friend turned servitor gone rogue turned host who's bad at feeling emotions.

Meti: Overly lewd Tupper.

CT, who is also called Jeremy: Original personality whose default emotion is anger.

Sen here!! I was given an egg as a first form, to symbolize how picking a form was my choice. But!! I wouldn't have minded being given a form either because I trust my host!! In the end, I don't think matters. If the tulpa doesn't like their form, they can just change it as they get older! As long as both sides talk to each other a lot and respect each other, it always works out! So to start, I think the host should do that they're most comfortable with. ^_^

Raymond: I'm kind of a special case here, but I gotta say I didn't mind having a form picked for me at all. In fact, it feels natural to me now- it'd be more annoying trying to change it, actually. But what matters is I could if I wanted to, because Saylin here respects us enough to listen to us when we've got issues.

So I guess what I'm saying here is sure, maybe picking their form means it'll grow on them and they'll be less likely to change it around, but that isn't a bad thing- hell, means you've probably got good taste in forms

Hiya. Member of the Horrible Hosts Club (HHC). If you wanna learn about my system, here's my PR.

• 4 months later...

I mostly created my own form, almost instantaneously. It was just what felt right. My person says I somewhat created myself. She just sorta went wherever he subconscious took her like in a meditation, and pieces of what became myself had been inside her all along.

I wanna comment on this because my opinion's changed. I think giving your tulpa a form first thing is important. Why? Because of doubt.

One of the biggest issues I had starting out was that Sarah would doubt my form changes a bit, since she'd think her mind was playing tricks on her. I got over it, but it was really really annoying to have a form I really liked and have it be doubted. >.<; So! I think starting out, you should give a form. That'll help relieve some doubt.

That said, I don't think you should control their form either. If they wanna change later, let them. And please believe it's them, trust me- it's us. Host doubt over form changes we like feels so so rude.

I just live here.

Question that I neglected to answer in December! Probably because my tulpa was not vocal at the time loool.

[Apollo] I was given a form and allowed to change it as I pleased. At times my form has caused some frustration due to errors it had, but overall I don't mind I was given one.

[Piano] Well, the people I used to be merged with were given their forms as they were characters. They didn't care one way or the other. My form was based off theirs, but I was allowed to change it as I grew, so I don't mind, either.

[Luxi] I'm pretty sure I designed my own form, somehow, though I don't remember doing so. I'm not sure where my form came from, but it doesn't bother me. I like my form.

[Luci] I was given a form as a character and changed it as I gained sentience. This caused some doubt, as my host expected me to look more like my character self, but she's gotten past that by now.

[Tacio] I was given a very basic male form as they started bringing me into sentience, and changed it the way I wanted to within a few days of being created.

[Lyra] Yeah. Nobody really minds it. If they did, they changed it as they pleased. If you give your tulpa a form then let them change it. Form changes are a sign of sentience. They're the main way Apollo showed me he was sentient in the beginning.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...