Switching without the Tulpa?

Neon_Spark

TL;DR: If you want to switch into a state that's akin to dream like qualities, or tulpa-like states of being, then in theory, someone is going to have to actively move the body around while you're doing that. If you have nothing to refer to, the theoretical idea becomes rubbish, and isn't even sequential with the definition of switching in general. If you want to pry into more ways of how you can do something that can't even sequentially follow itself in theory, it's probably the reason nobody, or rarely anyone mentions it at all.

Right, first off thanks for shortening it. Secondly Kiahdaj mentioned something about physical dissociation, which is the first thing you do when you try to switch normally. It would simply-ish (I believe) allow you to disconnect from you body and let it go on auto-pilot, still doing basic functions (Breathing, pumping blood, etc.) without the host or any tulpae controlling the advance functions. (Movement, talking, etc.) As far as I can tell everything should work as intended if this gets a more fleshed-out guide for it.

The only draw-back I can see is if someone says "You are now breathing manually", You will probably need to retake control before you pass out. But that will probably never happen...

Also before you say anything about the auto-pilot thing not working, what do you think the sub-conscious is? although maybe it's possible for the sub-conscious to control the advance functions like what happens during sleep-walking... Then again, maybe not...

Tulpae

Neon(Anthro): Working on... Something...

Guest amber5885

The only thing the subconcious can control is breathing, blinking, heartbeating. Basic functions of survival. After doing a google search on the subconcious I figured out that it's not what everyone thinks it is it basically just controls the little habits that keep you alive.

What you're talking about isn't switching though. To switch you would need a second party to switch with hence the name. What you're talking about is basically just a really deep form of meditation or forcing which is what a lot of people here do anyhow.

I don't see how your idea is any different that traditional forcing when you go into the wonderland to be with your tulpa. Essentially you're asking if forcing works. The answer is yes. If you want to go deeper into your active meditations then in all likely hood you will in fact get better results and faster that's already been proven but you won't be switching with anything. Even if you induce an out of body experiance it's really nothing more than being so deep in meditation you're no longer aware of your body.

Right, first off thanks for shortening it. Secondly Kiahdaj mentioned something about physical dissociation, which is the first thing you do when you try to switch normally. It would simply-ish (I believe) allow you to disconnect from you body and let it go on auto-pilot, still doing basic functions (Breathing, pumping blood, etc.) without the host or any tulpae controlling the advance functions. (Movement, talking, etc.) As far as I can tell everything should work as intended if this gets a more fleshed-out guide for it.

The only draw-back I can see is if someone says "You are now breathing manually", You will probably need to retake control before you pass out. But that will probably never happen...

Also before you say anything about the auto-pilot thing not working, what do you think the sub-conscious is? although maybe it's possible for the sub-conscious to control the advance functions like what happens during sleep-walking... Then again, maybe not...

I'm glad I made a bit more sense, at least I'm improving somewhat.

I never mentioned anything about a switch with no reference resulting in the person not being able to have basic biological predispositions like breathing, heart regulation, etc. to occur involuntarily; that’s just something that’s self-evident honestly. It’s not something that gets taken away from a switch, at least in my experience.

As for my personal experience with switching, it was really all mental, as it’s just a matter of shifting my awareness elsewhere; there’s no need for me to create psychosomatic experiences to feel physical dissociations have to be the end-all be-all factor for a switch. But everyone’s idea on switching is subjective, and there’s a lot of mix of symbolism and personal conceptual methods to accomplish that.

So again, if there’s not a tulpa added into this circumstance of switching, or even a servitor for that matter, or whatever thoughtform people treat as sentient, this will just turn into a thread of dissociations without a tulpa. I’m not sure if it will belong in a general discussion if we’re not talking about tulpas in general.

Also, there’s no need to put up a strawman scenario (e.g. before you say anything about auto-pilot not working) where I’m suddenly ignorant to the idea of what a “subconscious” is. The subconscious terminology is just an umbrella term for all sorts of phenomenon going on in the mind so people don’t have to worry about explanatory gaps in justifying how they feel the mind metaphorically works. Like I mentioned in my previous post, especially the longer one that was unfortunately an eyesore, I already acknowledged the obvious biological predisposition for the brain to lock most motor functions while one is in deep sleep. As for the “subconscious,” or just biological predispositions stopping people from sleep-walking, that’s just a matter of talking about sleeping disorders and mental ailments, but that would be kind of off topic, I guess.

But don’t get me wrong, topics like this are really interesting, because at least we’re trying to map out possible correlations on what naturally occurs before adding the concept of tulpas into that.