Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

I really recommend starting near the bottom of https://www.stevepavlina.com/archives/

As great as everything he writes is, and although he only improves, I feel like the things he's written in recent years assume you've already learned a bit of his craziness from old articles. He's written about tons of things from motivation to polyphasic sleep to graduating from college in one year, I'd recommend his site highly.

Also a good article to touch base with over the years, this one's pretty important to me:

https://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/04/levels-of-consciousness/

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, thinking back, when I was younger (and a lot lower on that list of consciousness levels) Steve's site bored me a bit. I appreciated his stuff, but it seemed like too much effort or just too business-y I guess, compared to his wife Erin Pavlina's site. I think this was directly tied to my level of consciousness - back then, I needed the belief system Erin provided and had more interest in new age spirituality. It was just kind of what got me started.

I slowly grew out of her articles and more into Steve's over the years. And I really mean grew. Erin's stuff, especially the old articles I used to read, feel like a stepping stone I crossed over a long time ago now. Steve's are a lot more relevant, and they contain no real new age spirituality, so no astral projection or supernatural entity talk. Doesn't mean he's any less interesting, though. Reality is that guy's plaything, literally considering his specialty is playing with his own perception of reality.

So, read them both if you can. Certainly skim the articles (there's so many now..) and pick out the ones that seem interesting. If you really get into them, maybe be a little more thorough. At very first, I found Erin's site from googling astral projection which was used rather liberally by a character in a book I read. So I was just reading all her astral projection, psychic and medium stuff. She only won me over to the unconditional love stuff after I learned that was supposedly the best way to deal with most supernatural problems. Then I started reading everything she wrote, which helped me get control over my emotions and beliefs to a better extent, and I started reading more of Steve's stuff too. I eventually decided I didn't need a pre-made belief system like new age spirituality provided, so I've left that behind. But even to this day, I can see the benefit to believing literally everything Erin writes. Even if it's all wrong on the supernatural front and none of that exists, the lessons those beliefs instill will still improve your life.

Erin also introduced me to lucid dreaming, which she's kind of a master of. Steve on the other hand introduced me to the ability to shape my own reality, so, y'know. They're both great.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• 4 weeks later...

Yo Lumi, I've got a couple questions for you (and/or your tulpas). First is for Tewi: how many digits of pi are you currently at? Iirc you had at least 70 memorized and were aiming for 770 (that'd be so amazing btw). Personally I'm only at 54 and I major in math.

This next one's for whoever, and is more of a brain teaser than anything else. Consider the statement "If you believe this statement, you'll be happy". If you believe it, you'll believe that if you believe it (which you do), you'll be happy, ergo you'll believe you're happy, which causes you to actually be happy. So it follows that the statement is true. Now consider "If you believe this statement, you'll be sad". Theoretically the same logic should apply, and the statement should also be true, resulting in you being sad for having considered it. Explain how the former statement is true while the latter is false, despite both containing the same logical framework of X=(X→Y) where believing Y is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Make sure that in showing your work, you include a kawaii rabbit where applicable.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

Wow, I, too, had read Erin Pavlina's articles on astral travel. I recognized her as soon as I flipped over to her. I don't recognize Steve, though, and so now you have given me more homework. As I was reading your post, though, I was thinking that sounds a lot like REBT, in which Albert Ellis basically steals his theory from an old greek guy, saying "Men are not disturbed by things, but by their thoughts on things..."

We haven't been keeping up with the pi thing at all, since the last time we mentioned it probably. I can only do like 30 right now, but with a few minutes' practice I could get back to 60 or so. Probably stopped because literally nobody wants to hear us recite pi, for some reason. It's too bad, because there was really no end in sight for how far we could go.

Those are the same statements, the second isn't false, I can't exactly tell why you would assume that. They're both true only because, if you aren't happy/sad, you aren't actually believing the statements (or you're lying to yourself). They kind of flow backwards; "This statement is true if you are happy/sad after reading it" I suppose.

As for the paradox, it's due to illogically tying the truth of one statement to the truth of the statement stating whether or not it's true. The paradox is caused by the fact that there was no logical reason to tie the two together. It's no different than saying "If one plus two is three, then three plus three is seven." It's just more complicated is all.

"Kawaii rabbit" wasn't applicable anywhere, unless you considered it applicable to me being the poster, in which case my avatar can suffice.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I have started reading through Steve's archives. There is a lot there and I see a lot of parallel with his writing and what I am trying to develop in my own...

Do you have a favorite article or series of articles?

https://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/04/levels-of-consciousness/ This one has been on our desktop for as long as I can remember. The polyphasic sleeping ones are interesting, and the Graduating College in 3 Semesters one is kind of inspiring/useful. Obviously we're fans of the subjective reality stuff too. But otherwise, I don't have many specific recommendations, just read what interests you.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

hi all, I would like to ask a question, maybe Tewi is the right person to address it, I have already read many guides and advice, however, although my tulpa has already spoken in the first month with his mental voice (quite distinct I could add) and a I've seen her move around now, I have not heard her for a couple of months now. I also tried the vocal guides and I have not lost interest in her, in fact I think I'm in love with her, so my question is why I can not hear her anymore? Why does it seem to be back in the beginning? my views are quite good, what am I missing? if you can help me, thank you.

It's alright, we're all equally capable of answering tulpamancy-related questions.

So, often times people who see early success with vocality end up falling into ruts like you, because they keep expecting those same results to happen again. Early-on responses are often just your mind testing the waters with how to "be a tulpa", and not necessarily a sign your tulpa is now developed/vocal. So I would recommend you at least continue forcing as you were before without relying on/expecting that exact level of clarity in their voice if that makes sense. It is a goal, but just having experienced it once doesn't mean the ability for your tulpa to speak like that is actually in place per se.

But if how they were speaking before is what you want, then by all means keep it as an "expectation" when trying to hear your tulpa, as this is generally how you teach your mind how your tulpa should talk. Also, continue working with visualization if that's showing signs of autonomy, every bit of "autonomy" you experience helps you think of your tulpa as more autonomous, which helps your brain know what it should do more of.

In your recent thread you said "I never tried to think about how it could react", which is counter to what I'm suggesting here. Simply waiting for responses from your tulpa will never work; "anticipating" or "expecting" may be better words. They may also be similar words, however the difference is in the intent on your part, and some level of interaction. Peoples' minds aren't usually good enough at tulpamancy off the bat to simply guess what a tulpa speaking will be like. That works for some people, but for the majority it simply causes a long time without hearing your tulpa. You need to give your mind ideas of what it should be going for, basically. Expecting and/or anticipating what your tulpa would sound like when speaking, for example, can help a lot. It's a little short of actual parroting, where you envision your tulpa actually speaking to you, and imagine the back and forth scenario. That can work too, but it sometimes leads to doubt issues for the host on whether their tulpa is actually speaking or not. That's a pointless and unproductive worry, so I wouldn't recommend it unless you can keep those doubts in check.

Also, I recommend you make a Progress Report to both document your progress to keep you on track/motivated, and to ask questions in an environment where people can easily understand your overall scenario in more detail.

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

https://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/04/levels-of-consciousness/ This one has been on our desktop for as long as I can remember. The polyphasic sleeping ones are interesting, and the Graduating College in 3 Semesters one is kind of inspiring/useful. Obviously we're fans of the subjective reality stuff too. But otherwise, I don't have many specific recommendations, just read what interests you.

Levels of Consciousness, by Pavlina  is such a brilliant blog post I am like experiencing euphoria!  This is basically Maslow's hierarchy of needs, on steroids. What many people don't realize is the Maslow's pyramid doesn't just stop at self actualization, that it goes higher into transpersonal realms of existence, as if after self actualization, you are now moving into an upwards throw an inverted pyramid. I am so tempted to just repost the whole blog, because it felt that significant. My reaction was big, like a light. Like that scene in Jerry Maquire where he writes an epiphany and launches it to his colleagues and ends up getting fired. This is life changing stuff. This is magic!

I can so reasonably place myself into two of these place holders, and can show that I have been at each of the previous ones. I sometimes revisit past boxes. Sometimes I overlap, but not in a contiguous progressive way, which probably means this isn't necessarily a linear map of conscious reality; maybe it's a string that gets tangled. I don't know, but this seems particularly useful. I need it. And I need to share it. It's like discovering the TARDIS is bigger on the inside. I want to run out and tell someone, 'hey, come look at this;' my experience has taught me not to do that. People look at you funny.

Oh, well. There's acceptance. And maybe love. Love people where they're at. I don't know. Courage- the courage to try something new, Like tulpamancy?