Confessions of a Poorly Trained Tulpa

Guest Anonymous

I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!   

12 members have voted

1. 1. I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!

• A hug for Melian, the goddess guru of grooviness.
    • I am a Minion of Melian, the groovy-guru!

You simply do not back up your opinions well.

Wait, what? Do I need to back up saying "I like green"?

I guess opinion isn't the right word here, perhaps 'theory'? It seems similar to arguing what the value of 1/0 should be.

Melian's theories are just as baseless as your own, (correct me if I'm wrong, but) you both are speaking almost entirely from expeirience. What is it that is invalid about melian's theory that is valid about yours?

Melian is not required to listen to any counterarguments, and you are not required to listen to Melian. I was not there and I do not have the IRC logs so I can't say anything for how (im)polite she was being.

I'll write more once I get home.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I guess opinion isn't the right word here, perhaps 'theory'? It seems similar to arguing what the value of 1/0 should be.

Melian's theories are just as baseless as your own, (correct me if I'm wrong, but) you both are speaking almost entirely from expeirience. What is it that is invalid about melian's theory that is valid about yours?

Melian is not required to listen to any counterarguments, and you are not required to listen to Melian. I was not there and I do not have the IRC logs so I can't say anything for how (im)polite she was being.

I'll write more once I get home.

Damn, I said I was finished with this thread. Guess not. I can't help it! It is about me and Melian and you know how we love, love, love to get forums and chats talking all about us! Okay. Most of what I (we) say is opinion and I repeatedly say it is just my opinion. A lot of it is indeed based on subjective experiences as far as my own enhanced imaginary companion Melian is concerned. Then I have opinions or have stated opinions about the community and the forum itself. I have pointed out some things that are definitely true that I can back up, and have backed up, with obvious irrefutable facts. Then there are things that I point out that are more of a matter of perspective and belief. People are free to ignore my posts, even this one here, and all of my threads and all of my statements. Or they can politely disagree with me. But why was Yuki calling to have me banned again? Oh that's right, I don't have the correct ideas and opinions.

As far as the chat room is concerned, it was mostly Melian going nuts and being an obnoxious attention seeker, saying ridiculous things and then fighting with people when they tried to get her to shut up. It was less about opinion in that case and more about Melian flooding the chat with her silly jokes and antics. Certainly that is a real issue worth getting kicked or banned over I will admit, at least in the chat room. We are working on how to find ways to calm down in there. She gets too excited and things she is on stage with an adoring audience that wants to see all that silly crap. The forum is mostly my game, with Melian tagging along like my little toady groupie support network.

Really, those who just absolutely cannot abide my posts will find them dropping off sharply (maybe). At least the tone will certainly change as I have run out of material to criticize and stuff to shock people with. Unless I want to continue repeating myself, which I don't. It is finally starting to even get to me, which as Melian would say "that is amazing!"

Yes, it was partially (but only partly) attention seeking. But what is everyone else doing with their PR and forum posts? Are they not writing them to get some attention? I think they certainly all are, at least partly, attention seeking efforts. Otherwise, one would read the guides and make a tulpa privately, asking a few simple questions here and there and then mostly ignore the forum. I am sure there are many who do just that. There may be tulpas out there none of us have ever heard from even once.

On my walls of text. ... I fucking love to write! I love to hear my own voice and Melian's voice in my head when she types. And yes, yes, we love attention. Melian wants me to remind me to thank those with an obvious obsession and infatuation with us, for yet even more attention. Isn't that a big part of being on the internet is all about? Don't hate us if we are successful in those attention seeking efforts so much that we simply cannot be ignored!

164x202http://pre02.deviantart.net/43a4/th/pre/f/2014/114/6/7/chibi_sign_i_love_you_close_up_by_melianofmist-d7fv0t0.jpg[/img]

~Mistgod

I suppose this is worth clearing up. What you are specifying here is a preference. Actually, statements like that can be invalid - people claim to like things they don't actually like. But that's not really important. What's important is what Mistgod usually calls an 'opinion' is a statement about objective things (NOT, sushi, that tulpas and stuff are objective, but that the statements refer to some external things that aren't just preference).

Something being an 'opinion' does not exempt it from being 'backed up', 'incorrect', 'baseless', 'informed', and so on. It is not a legal requirement (here) for people to inform their opinions, but I strongly recommend it, for reasons that are hopefully obvious. As per the rest of this thread, this recommendation should be upheld by everyone here.

You're asserting that whatever theory I'm holding is informed no more than Melian's is. That is incorrect. I do not base my opinions on personal experience solely, I base them on that, plus the experiences of others, plus whatever theoretical considerations there are.

I can assure you that she was very much courteous, whereas I was, as I usually am, fairly direct and abrasive for it. It has nothing to do with courtesy, and everything to do with how much someone was listening to counterarguments - surely you can see, although it is not a requirement (yet; if you missed the rest of the thread, this was one of the points of contention), it is good practice to listen to counterarguments to your own beliefs. Moreso if you are insistent on repeating your beliefs everywhere.

I wasn't going to reply to it, but Mistgod, you made my point for me.

BTW, you are also right that I don't listen to others (especially when they are so clearly wrong and I am so clearly right).

If your reply to counterarguments is "You are clearly wrong" then forget about it. It's a 'read' message, and not much more.

I have pointed out some things that are definitely true that I can back up, and have backed up, with obvious irrefutable facts.

To whatever parts this applies, your facts don't speak for themselves. They're not irrefutable; I wouldn't be refuting your conclusions otherwise.

Then there are things that I point out that are more of a matter of perspective and belief.

'Belief' and 'perspective', i.e., 'opinion', i.e., not exempt to criticism.

We seem to be in agreement here, Mistgod. You want to make controversial statements for attention, and will refuse to listen to any counterargument. This is the kind of attitude that many people above you in this thread have said is toxic, and I will say that it is too. Perhaps it is not the main problem of the forums, or even a significant one, but it is still toxic.

EDIT: This barely deserved a mention, but yes, ignoring you does not make you go away. I could ignore you; I usually do. You're not any less toxic for it. It doesn't change what I said above.

Guest Anonymous

I just came up with the perfect solution! Those in the community who don't like me can simply ...

IGNORE ME.

Mistgod, the solution guy! You're welcome.

My main point in writing about this is not to attack your belief in tulpa sentience, but to support MY belief in Melian's sentience being an illusion as a legitimate perspective and possibility.

Huh. Well I was never attempting to preach my personal beliefs on tulpas. Everything you believe about Melian to be true can be true, sure. Though I did say you shouldn't limit her with your beliefs, if you both think things are good the way they are, then that's fine. Most of my ranting has been focused on your other claims - namely, "Tulpas are all illusions and everyone is deluding themselves". No, that's your truth. Just like my beliefs are true to me, yet I still allow yours to be true to you, others' can be true to them. And they can all conflict and not work together and still be fine. Though the community tries to keep most of our experiences somewhat similar so we can communicate with and learn from each other, otherwise it'd just be a mess. As long as exceptions don't become the rule, there shouldn't be much problem.

Oh but yeah. No one's in the right if they tell you anything about Melian but yourself. Now, telling you things could be different is different, but even then you still have the final say in what you believe. It's when you decide on your own personal truths, and then state them as universal truths for everyone else to adhere to, that people get mad. So don't do that, ignore the aforementioned belief-forcers, and have a good time.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous
It's when you decide on your own personal truths, and then state them as universal truths for everyone else to adhere to, that people get mad. So don't do that, ignore the aforementioned belief-forcers, and have a good time.

Melian I will make this one of our guiding principles on all our posts from here on.

~Mistgod

Guest Anonymous

It's time for Melian and I to start over on Tulpa Info. We need to be more positive and participate in a productive way. With this in mind, I wish to start really sharing a lot of things about her instead of picking the forum apart and looking into the nature and history of tulpas in a critical manner. We did that for personal reasons, but perhaps were way too public with it. It is time for a new Mistgod-Melian paradigm.

Melian is a thought form in my mind. She is many things to me. In the last two years, she has been an artistic muse, helping me and inspiring me to do art. We collaborate on art now and she sparks new ideas.

I believe this is a type of forcing. We discuss ideas, I talk to her about it and she talks to me about it. She sends me ideas in the form of flash visions of the art she would like to do or art she would like to collaborate on. We want to start sharing this process in Melian's PR and discussing each piece we do. Each time we do art together, the images come faster and are more vivid. Melian communicates to me with pictures! She always has. I call them flash images.

797x770http://pre12.deviantart.net/c3ce/th/pre/i/2015/183/4/9/melian_pinwheel_with_tulpa_info_background_by_melianofmist-d8zmpvk.jpg[/img]

This is Melian's pinwheel. The original version of this was done, as a collaboration effort, back in 2013 when she first went online. We changed it to go onto the background in her PR. It was one of her first pieces of art. These ideas broke a severe art block I was having. Melian loves color and spirals, and swirls, flowers and hearts and geometric designs.

Someone pointed out that this resembles a mandala, a geometric image used in meditation and mysticism. I thought it poetic that Melian would pick this to draw early on. Using her to do art is a form of meditation as I relax, close my eyes and let her send me the image.

Melian is also helping to inspire me with writing Dungeons and Dragons adventures. She has been collaborating on writing with me for two years now along with the art. She now writes in a private journal as well. We are turning that creative collaboration type of forcing to gaming of course. Melian also plays dungeons and dragons with me as the character Miriel Understone. More on that later (role playing as a type of forcing for Melian, yes we do it, more later).

~Mistgod

Guest Anonymous

If tulpae have consciousness and sentience in such a way that some of their thoughts plans and ideas can be hidden from their hosts, they could do something without their hosts consent. That seems logical huh? And if tulpae can create tulpae, then could a tulpa create his or her own tulpa in secret? If the tulpa thus created is of like mind to it's creator, could it not then in turn secretly create yet another tulpa?

Is it possible to have a run away chain of nested tulpa creation?

Holy brainkapoopies! Is this a tulpa danger? *begins worrying about her own thoughts and ideas about a Yoda tulpa* Could I accidentally create a Yoda tulpa by talking to my current imaginary friend Yoda? What if Yoda becomes a tulpa and then wants his own tulpa? *very worried face*

~Melian

Guest Anonymous

Even the word "thought-form" for Melian is beginning to bother me. The word thought-form can be traced back to 1927 to Evan-Wentz and his translation of the Tibetan Book of the Dead. It was a term picked up by the theosophists and until very, very recently was associated with metaphysical magic and mysticism. It was rarely, if ever, used in psychology and never for imaginary friends, as far as I know.

Melian is an imaginary friend to a super dreamer and she seems almost really alive to me. Melian can definitely be described, without any doubts or ambiguity, as an imaginary friend in the mind of a guy, who is an experienced role player and imaginer. There is some related psychological literature that can explain why she is so "real" to me and that is cool enough. I just have a strong ability to tap into my unconscious dream world and easily visualize and fantasize. She is emotionally important to me. She was around long before the internet and long before the "tulpa community." She will be around long after the tulpa craze dies and becomes part of internet history (unless I die first).

I may occasionally still refer to her as a thought-form and maybe once in a while as a tulpa to reduce confusion to those who don't know us yet.

A don't want or need a tulpa. I like your forum, but I don't want or need a tulpa. I will be around chatting with you guys are sharing ideas. But well, that's it.

Sorry I woke up in a mood.

EDIT: Oh and our collaborative art is just that, collaborative art. I am interacting with Melian as I always have. It is not really forcing as I am not trying to make a tulpa. It is just art.

EDIT: The morning I wrote this I was in a very bad mood. Since then I have come back around. I am back to thinking the term "thought-form" is the best term for describing Melian within this community. "Enhanced imaginary companion" or "imaginary friend" is not a bad term either and not an insult to me. Also, collaborative art is a type of forcing. My apologies for this post. I will leave it as it is with just this edit. This PR is a record of ponderings and frustrations along the way by Melian and I.

~Mistgod