Chat Thread

When I created the Grays, most of the time it was to get a different perspective of some kind. Even Dark Gray, one of the first ones, was built around the idea of having an Id, with Fernardo being his counterpart or Super-ego.

Aside from the Grays built out of instability and / or anxiety or just because I decided to hold onto them, all of the other Grays were created because I wanted a different perspective or I wanted a different mindset. I don't feel like I have to talk to the Grays all of the time, but I do know that I spent a lot of time thinking about a particular Gray when I wanted a particular perspective.

I didn't think of this until now: I continued to talk to the particular Gray or have a really long session with him when I felt I still needed to talk to him. The Grays are like interactive subconscious filters, and that's what makes them really interesting if not for any other reason.

Dang I just had a mini mind blow. Yellow the color is sometimes associated with children, right? I realized that not only does Duck sport a yellow suit, he used to have the tendency to shrink, he acts out sometimes, and he seems to be more child like, despite the fact that he doesn't have a child form (but putting him in one just feels extremely natural).

What do you guys think?

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Cat, it seems very reasonable to me. In fact, it makes a lot of sense based on following your story.

Joy is helping in her own way, and of course, Ren is very child like and follows her around, not that Joy's her mother, but there are similarities. So by analogy, Ren could be considered the dependent child in me and Joy would be the responsibility i have over my future maybe?

I'm just thinking aloud really, i'm glad we have this slow mo chat thread.

I'm thought dumping in here too for the most part. Chrome is my spirituality, Joy is maturity, it makes a lot of sense. Ranger, Misha, Dashie, and Ashley are all their own unique wonderful people, not symbols or filters of subconscious thought.

I keep wandering back and forth on the idea of writing a guide that breaks down how these guys work, and I keep circling back to these points:

• Since the Grays are designed to be an extension of myself, they therefore cannot be Tulpas because they were fundamentally designed in a different way
  • Mindset is key to development. At an early stage, the host can determine the outcome of development by simply choosing to create a Tulpa or an entity like the Grays.
  • Since the Grays and I share sentience, the Grays therefore can pass sentience tests because I am a sentient and independent entity. The Grays are dependent on my conscious in order to function.

The last pieces that I kept getting confused about are the following:

• The Grays are impervious to forcing time or time not payed attention to because {my} conscious is stable and animates them. Forcing a Gray would be equivalent to forcing myself.
  • The Grays change and deviate based on my expectations, and can even become sophisticated enough to mimic a Tulpa's behavior.

And just remembering some parroting advice, I realized the following:

• When a host's parroting becomes extreme, they may end up creating a clone of their Tulpa. They hear the clone's voice control the clones movements, and sometimes confuse the clone for their Tulpa. Once the host is able to overcome the confusion and label the clone as an unwanted intrusive thought, this case of extreme parroting is resolved.

This happened to me when I was having issues with parrotnoia and I remember another Tulpamancer I spoke with on Discord had a similar issue. 

Since I seem to sway on this issue a lot, and I would like for people to give their opinion here. I may be missing information or I'm making assumptions, so if you would like to challenge my argument please do so. I want the truth, and this is only a draft of my current theory.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

I hope i'm not your only commenter.

Remember my tulpas took the form on characters i had, all those characters still exist and can be interacted with. They weren't clones though. Joy, I believe, is still my Ranger, i couldn't imagine summoning a separate entity and have them both in the same room, it just doesn't make sense.

One of your grays could be like a starting point for a tulpa, i'd bet, like your old Ranger, a new Duck would step forward to be your tulpa (if you wanted that). I know also, forcing or having adventures with Joy and Ren wouldn't do anything for them. It's interesting how you put that.

I wonder now if we should make a 'alternative thoughtform' discussion thread?

Guest LanceReilyn

I'm probably getting into the conversation super late because you guys have been going at it for a long time in one thread or another, but.. Cat, what about the whole idea of "fragments", "shells" or "shards" of your personality? Ever heard any of those terms before?

I just stumbled upon three more terms which seem relevant to me and the plurality community as a whole: co-consciousness, co-present and co-running.

I hope i'm not your only commenter.

Remember my tulpas took the form on characters i had, all those characters still exist and can be interacted with. They weren't clones though. Joy, I believe, is still my Ranger, i couldn't imagine summoning a separate entity and have them both in the same room, it just doesn't make sense.

One of your grays could be like a starting point for a tulpa, i'd bet, like your old Ranger, a new Duck would step forward to be your tulpa (if you wanted that). I know also, forcing or having adventures with Joy and Ren wouldn't do anything for them. It's interesting how you put that.

I wonder now if we should make a 'alternative thoughtform' discussion thread?

Kind of like how Ranger was born, I would say Dashie, Ashley, and Misha are the reverse case: the characters came first, they as Tulpas took the identity of those characters and deviated from there. When I had parrotnoia on top of panic over what to do with the Grays, I had a bad habit of creating a "Ranger clone", hence past Ranger, but really just a clone. I think a new Duck would be a Tulpa, but as I thought before why not just start from scratch? For this reason, I'm not worried about Duck being a Tulpa.

I think the "What do I call these characters" thread has essentially evolved into that. I see no reason to create a new one, in fact, we can merge our threads together into a super thread if you want.

I'm probably getting into the conversation super late because you guys have been going at it for a long time in one thread or another, but.. Cat, what about the whole idea of "fragments", "shells" or "shards" of your personality? Ever heard any of those terms before?

I just stumbled upon three more terms which seem relevant to me and the plurality community as a whole: co-consciousness, co-present and co-running.

Even though I'm good at dissociating my identity in the metaphorical and symbolic sense, I don't have DID. I never had childhood trauma, and more importantly I don't have amnesia (even though my memory more or less sucks). I think it would be unjustified to other Alters if I compared them to the Grays.

Our system account

I wonder if a second version of the tulpa is only created once it is labeled and destroying it is a purely symbolic act. I'm not certain that it would matter much since sybolism has been known to be quite powerful, it's just a thought

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I wonder if a second version of the tulpa is only created once it is labeled and destroying it is a purely symbolic act. I'm not certain that it would matter much since sybolism has been known to be quite powerful, it's just a thought

It is, you're not wrong. If I really wanted to I could revive "Past Ranger", but I don't want to because it would make Ranger nuts. Ranger doesn't like having a clone of him just hanging out, and another symbolic act I did to separate Ranger from other subconscious thought is to not create simulation or story idea characters that look like him; only Ranger can look like Ranger.

Our system account

What would you say is your biggest unresolved questions/issues now Cat?

Mostly if my philosophy is sound and matches up with other people's beliefs and/or experiences. Many a time I came up with ideas and got all excited about them and then after getting a chance to think about it say, "Yeah this is dumb". If this information is going to contribute to the community in the form of a guide, then I want my facts straight.

Our system account