• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An actual picture of me waiting for replies in this thread and Ask Brassow

26DnnXl.jpg

Also, I wonder how many people are subscribed to this thread...

EDIT: Obviously Jean due to his reaction time

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Something I've noticed recently... EDIT: EVEN YUKI! Chupi... notice me senpai... C'mon... I gotta be good for SOMETHING

G8yBbUp.jpg

Any staff members gonna vouch for a badge like that for me? Honestly, people love the stuff I put here.

It might even begin to rival Steek's thread. If you divide either views or replies by the amount of time the thread has been up, my slope is much higher.

So Chupi, or Pleeb, or whomever, I beseech you for a badge saying "Comic Maker", as its becoming a part of the forum itself.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

An actual picture of me waiting for replies in this thread and Ask Brassow

Also, I wonder how many people are subscribed to this thread...

EDIT: Obviously Jean due to his reaction time

I don't subscribe to anything. I just keep clicking getdaily and read every post because I have no life.

It might even begin to rival Steek's thread. If you divide either views or replies by the amount of time the thread has been up, my slope is much higher.

I just draw tuppers, no community's humor and no one cares about a shitty draw of someone's tupper DDDD:

Also you are very limited in a possible response of someone's draws, you don't wanna hurt his feelings, so the "OMG i love your art" and it variants is the only possible answer you can get, if you get some.

I just draw tuppers, no community's humor and no one cares about a shitty draw of someone's tupper DDDD:

Also you are very limited in a possible response of someone's draws, you don't wanna hurt his feelings, so the "OMG i love your art" and it variants is the only possible answer you can get, if you get some.

That remind's me of Will Terrel's comment about the "dead" period many artists go through.

Where one gets no sort of comment or critique on their work, and every piece they make is met with silence. There are a few factors in this: Sometimes it's because the artists is JUST good enough that the audience can't just say "You're horrible", but still having flawed enough work that it doesn't tickle their fancy. Other times, it's because the artist is technically competent, but the work the put out is boring to the audience, and it leaves them indifferent. Other times the artists work just doesn't speak to anyone by themselves, so the audience has no reason to care.

Whatever the reason, it's a rather confusing and painful period, and it really does try on people's nerves, and makes can really kill their momentum. I can say this assuredly, because I'm in that period myself. The only thing one can do is to keep drawing and making stuff, despite the silence. It's worse to have people completely forget you do anything, than for them to not say anything about the work you do put out.

So yeah, keep drawing till you git gud. Also, drop the "I suck!" shtick. It doesn't help you git gud in the least.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Don't worry, you're on equal footing with me and Mistgod.

Also I'd say you're more of a zombie. I actually died waiting for replies to my Ask thread and it's been quite a while, so I'd be more fit as a skeleton.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.