What is the difference between wonderland activity and active day dreaming?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Tulpamancers, in your opinion, what is the difference between visualizing a wonderland, and perceiving what your tulpas are doing there, and active day dreaming (such as what I do with the Melian Show)?. If you think there is a distinct difference, how do you know it to be a real difference and not just convincing yourself something more profound is happening with a wonderland over a ordinary day dream?

I am asking the question above because I consider interacting with Melian in her dreamscape Melian Show to be a day dream with some apparently autonomous elements driven by an unconscious process (day dreaming on auto pilot). How others describe the wonderlands of their tulpas sounds very similar and I am struggling to find a distinction, if there is any.

I have considered that, if a tulpa is an independent sentient mind, the tulpa can actively imagine their own day dream. That is a very trippy and new thought for me. I realized this when I talk about Melian and I collaboratiing on the Melian Show. It took a while, but once I started considering her sentient, I realized that such collaboration may be more than just apparent in nature. In other words, if she is sentient, she may very well be thinking it up with me.

So, what is the difference between wonderland activity and active day dreaming by the host?

EDIT: One more question: In which "mind" does the bulk of the wonderland reside? Is this a shared part of mind, used collaboratively by the host and the tulpa?

EDIT: I should have revisited the FAQ first. Still, the FAQ answers seem like very simplified answers to me that don't go into depth at all and are almost meaningless.

Q: What is a mindscape/wonderland?

A: A mindscape, also known popularly as a wonderland, is a mental environment where the host and tulpas can interact visually with eachother, without the need for the host to impose their tulpa into their physical environment. A wonderland can be revisited time and time again, although it may change under your own will, your tulpa's will, or subconsciously.

Q: What is the difference between mindscape/wonderland and any other imagined environment?

A: An imagined environment is any given temporary mental scene or scenario, such as those experienced when day-dreaming. A wonderland or mindscape is a more permanent, albeit dynamic, environment that persists even when you aren't consciously thinking of it, that you or your tulpa can return to repeatedly.

Q: Can my tulpa change the mindscape/wonderland as well?

A: Yes, tulpas are also able to edit and alter wonderlands and the entities within them. Your tulpa may even change your wonderland while you are not consciously aware of it.

Q: What does it mean to 'explore' a wonderland?

A: A mindscape/wonderland can be imagined in such a way that large areas of it are undefined or lack clarity. Traveling within the environment outside of areas you've consciously defined can lead to a subconscious, dreamlike generation of environments and landscapes. This has been known to provide interesting and exciting activities for tulpa and their creators alike - it is quite literally letting your mind wander.

This helps a bit...

Look up the Method of Loci, or memory palaces. For it to work, there would have to be some unconscious aspect to it. Extend the same ideas to wonderlands/mindscapes/paracosms, and you've got your answer.

Related thread, https://community.tulpa.info/thread-wonderland-trippy-questions-about-wonderlands-and-the-unconscious-and-conscious-mind

[Tri] In our system's experience, there is no hard boundary, and to some degree they are the same with only a few differences. In fact, all but the most recent wonderlands in our system were made by daydreaming. We even wrote a small mini-guide or tip on how to do it in here.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

I don't think there is any difference? Wonderland is a daydream in essence. What I believe differs it from other daydreams is that you put significance and intent into it. And apparently the subconscious may pick up on that and make it more lively (adding detail, etc)?

The same goes with wonderland activity and active daydreaming. They're both the same thing, when perceived by the host. The Melian Show may as well be many different wonderlands (I assume you two imagine being in various places?) interconnected, with some areas being payed more attention to than others, thus having more importance in general.

As for the area it resides in, I'd say the partly the subconscious as it is something you have to recall to enter in between forcing sessions, just like how you would recall how that place you visited a year ago looked like. But it still seems to me like a simple thought being repeated...

Ehhhh, uhdunno.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

Guest Anonymous

persistence, as waffles says

Also, if you dream about the wonderland in detail, it is pretty much in your unconscious mind pretty "sticky"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Shadow System
      [Exabier] We have a wonderland problem. Gray is afraid of controlling us when he's not actually talking to us. Talking gets pretty boring after awhile compared to all of the actual cool stuff like having sword fights, shooting bad guys, whatever. He gets the fear from watching us do stuff and thinks it's sometimes like parroting his story characters, whatever those are.

[Fernardo] Gray has reported watching us and it feeling "fake" for whatever reason. Perhaps it was because we were acting "too silly" or "too predictable" or whatever the excuse. I don't know if this has anything to do with "coming to life" feelings he reported in the past or if this is another form of Gray's parrotnoia. Like Exabier said, Gray hasn't felt comfortable to go on a wonderland adventure with us in a long time, and most of everyone would like for that to change.

[Blue] Is there something we can do to help him calm down or reassure him that it's still us? Are there certain things we need to avoid like busy amusement parks or intense action scenes?
    • By Ghibli
      I'm fairly new to the tulpa thing and the beginner's guide said that it's not necessary to have a wonderland. I'm not 100% sure I've got a wonderland as I never go there, but there's a separate world they can go to if they don't fancy sticking around the real world. They go there sometimes for months. I can still get in touch with them while they're there but it's more like having a phone call with them--they don't have any physical presence, and they can ignore my invitation to chat.

Is that a wonderland?

If they decide to come in to the real world they always seem to have stories of what they've been up to in this place. But it's not a place I share with them, as such. If we share time together, it's almost always in my actual bedroom. I'm not saying they gain a physical body but it's like I project them into my room and visualise them beside me and I can feel certain sensations like touches, etc. (although I really have to pay attention and focus on it).

Does a wonderland need to be a separate space that I see when I close my eyes, or is what I have enough? I like to give them space and give them the option to enter the real world (ack, I'm saying enter the real world and it sounds silly saying it but you know what I mean) by their own choosing, so do I need an in-between wonderland? Do I already have it?

Help a woman out! I'm tripping over my own thoughts
    • By Jamie
      We're talking about a part of a median system here, not a tulpa, but I figured, there is still a lot to talk about. Our wonderland was intentionally designed, there wasn't really any "inner world" stuff going on, if that makes a difference. 

Just a few days ago, though there have been signs of this part for years and years, I finally got to see one part of Jamie's median system-self clearly: a toddler, somewhere around 12-18 months old, who we nicknamed Sunshine. I've talked with 7-year-old down to 4-year-old parts, but this is the first really little part I've ever interacted with. 

One of the very interesting things, being co-conscious and being privy to his mental processing/thoughts, is just how vastly different it is compared to the older children, let alone the not-littles. There's very little verbal processing, it's a lot more like tulpish, or raw experience, just an unfiltered experience of the world, though he does say a few words, and understands enough to respond to some basic questions. It's just been really fasinating to be able to experience it secondhand and see how incredibly different that state or frame of mind is.

I saw a few signs early, but only this morning did I really home in on it: Sunshine experiences wonderland quite differently, as well. I'm really not sure he even understands it's not reality. (Even though, you know, I'm a green smoke person, and he's never commented on that) One of the first signs was when he fell over (ruh-roh) and, pretty much everyone else would not simulate this, but I felt him experience pain, and pressure, and everything that goes along with smacking your head on the floor. And when I would hold him, pretty much everyone does, consciously, try to experience as much warmth and comfort as they can, but he wasn't trying at all, and was experiencing much more realistic detail and depth to the wonderland experience. 

This morning I had Cassidy, Sunshine, and another (4-year old) little, and we were all eating yogurt in wonderland, and I realized, oh, wow. Sunshine's experience was indistinguishable from an IRL sensory experience. It felt basically the same as if the body was eating yogurt, and I was co-con with whoever was controlling the body. But just for him- not me, not Cassidy, not the other little. 

I really suspect it has to do with his frame of mind. I feel like a lot of immersion is about "turning off" mental filters that go, "This isn't real, it's not vivid as reality, etc, etc," and when you turn those off, it becomes vivid and real. I'd say it's almost like wonderland is a dream, and only Sunshine is lucid. It's only really real to him.

...How can I use this to my advantage? Do you think there's a way to "flip the switch" for other headmates? Effortless, complete wonderland immersion? That sounds like fun. I mean, on the downside, he hasn't demonstrated any ability to alter the wonderland in any fashion- to him, it works 100% by reality's rules, he can't summon anything up, teleport, etc.  
      Jamie experienced something like this once, using an hour-long hypnosis video meant to simulate an acid trip, of all things. It took wonderland from 40% immersion to 80%, but only for a short time, and that felt a lot more dream/trancelike- Sunshine is not in a trance to achieve this immersion, while it's still entirely effortless. 

- Gavin
    • By MyNameIsLee
      Y'know how people say lucid dreaming feels as real as the real world? Is it the same for a wonderland/mindscape? I've had lucid dreams in the past and the way people describe their wonderland reminds me of lucid dreams sometimes.

So basically, does wonderland feel as real as the real world?
    • By DreamDoll
      I am part of a median system, not a tulpa system.  But I still have a "wonderland" of a sort that I call the "dreamscape" or "the Melian Show."  It's a day dreamy place, very dreamlike, and it is constantly changing. It's like a movie set. There are a few more static areas that don't change, like my dreamscape mansion, but the rest shifts and changes like the scenes in a movie or tv show. 

I have read accounts from tulpamancers who have created extremely detailed wonderlands for their tulpas that are very precise.  They tend to not change a lot and are sometimes limited in scope, but have a lot of clarity.  

I was wondering about the wonderlands each of you have?  Is your wonderland dynamic, as in ever changing, or more static and detailed and possibly limited in scope?  I thought a poll would be nice on this one.