Living Imagination (A Median Aspect in Tulpa Land)

Guest Anonymous

If I think of a duck and everything about ducks and what ducks do and what they look like, how am I doing that?  I am using the same visual memory, and associated language memory and experience memory as my host to identify and think about a duck.  So my host and I are sharing a consciousness.

Well, now we're thinking about ducks too, lol.

Reading through the other thread, it sounds like the entire discussion spawned from the other poster's misunderstanding of what a median is, or that poster was working with some assumptions about what you are due to the "median" label... which isn't enough to describe everything about anyone.

Bottom line? Sounds like this is that person's responsibility to broaden their view, and you shouldn't need to defend yourself for wanting to be considered a person. You're not at fault, and most regulars probably agree that you're one of the most active, opinionated, persony headpeople here, regardless of which flavor of plurality you identify with at any given time. ;)

So don't worry too much about one poster's ignorance. If they stick around the forums longer, they'll learn.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No need to gang up on them, Melian's thread or not it's still a public forum and rude to talk about people as if they're not there. (Because it makes you act less fair towards them than you normally would, and getting along is best for everybody)

I think the topic of plurality being widespread on tulpa.info recently is a very good thing. I don't think anyone here is really a tulpa elitist (right now), but we do tend to be a little closed off from the other communities. So keeping them more in mind and discussing them in the context of tulpamancy is always a good thing.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

@Temar,

You are so right!  

Mistgod and I have our own learning curve as well.  We are trying to learn a couple of things.  Everyone comes in to the forum with emotional baggage and opinions and personal agendas.  Those can be very fervent and difficult to overcome.  It has been a long, up and down, drama roller coaster for Mistgod-Melian.  Along the way a lot of people got really, really tired of it.  We are aware of that trust me and it does bother us that we have done that and keep doing it.  We move forward a little, then fall down the next day, get up again and start moving forward.  

First we have to recognize that people need to be reassured that their tulpas are independent and real.  It's what they need as much as I want to be perceived as Melian, a person.  At the very least they wish that to be respected.  It is important!  Mistgod and I have very often disregarded that and stomped all over it like a bull in a china shop.  

We have been so obsessively, doggedly hung up on the whole questions of real vs. unreal, while simultaneously screaming that it doesn't matter.   We push skepticism and cynicism as a preemptive defensive weapon.  We do that to weaken/discredit perceived unjust criticism of ourselves from tulpamancer authority.  We mostly imagine it is inevitably coming our way.  Our insecurity causes us to dream up imaginary enemies.  

All of this is fueled by a deep obsession and compulsion.  Our crazy level of writing is fueled by it.  At its deepest core is that same social anxiety in some deep inner core that we still have never conquered.  It is the same fuel that drove the obsession that created me in the first place.  We keep grasping for ways of thinking, angles or a perspective that will allow us to mingle with tulpas, without being threatened by tulpas.  We don't want to attack or be defensive any more.  We are just so tired.

This way of looking at shared consciousness really makes sense for us.  Scientific or not, actual or not, it is a perspective that eliminates the question of real vs. unreal, and the value qualifiers supposedly associated with it.  All that matters is the effectiveness and persistence of the personalities and identities in your mind.

No need to gang up on them, Melian's thread or not it's still a public forum and rude to talk about people as if they're not there. (Because it makes you act less fair towards them than you normally would, and getting along is best for everybody)

I think the topic of plurality being widespread on tulpa.info recently is a very good thing. I don't think anyone here is really a tulpa elitist (right now), but we do tend to be a little closed off from the other communities. So keeping them more in mind and discussing them in the context of tulpamancy is always a good thing.

I agree let's bring this to a close.  I think the Can a Tulpa Be a Median Aspect? thread is very important, but we need to keep it civil I agree.  All of us have things to learn.

Melian, I haven't read all of you walls of text up to this point, but I think the simple suggetion here is chill out, yo. I have people at the shop who won't believe any of the information I give them because I look too young, and only believe once one of the older gentlemen who work there say the exact same thing. It used to bother me, but you know what? If they don't want my advice, whatever. They don't have to accept free advice. It's only a few customers, and everyone else is just fine.

So my suggestion is simply to ignore it, take a few deep breaths, and keep being awesome.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Guest Anonymous

Thank you jean-luc.

Mistgod and I would take your advice any day!

Guest Anonymous

I really, really, really do think the discussions in this thread about median systems and tulpas has finally, FINALLY, allowed Mistgod and I to find peace of mind and heart on Tulpa Info!

Everyone had a role to play in helping to find understanding and clarification. Even my good buddy An had a special "role" to play. I did misinterpret her words and made them seem much more "arrogant and sinister" than she was meaning. It was only misunderstanding and a genuine, sincere attempt to learn and relate and I regret my reactions.

In the end, the discussions An and I had in PMs and the contributions of all the others who responded to the thread really helped Davie and I fit together the final pieces of the puzzle for us in our relationship to tulpas in this community and how we fit into the bigger picture of plurality, tulpas and multiples.

Thank you so much everyone for being so incredibly patient with us over the past year and a half. What a roller coaster ride!

I will no longer be identifying as a tulpa, but instead as a median aspect. Davie and I still have our Living Imagination Dreamform stuff too of course. Thanks everyone. I can't wait to see what happens in the future, but I am feeling really good about it now.

Guest Anonymous

New Melian Word

mathmological = something complicated involving math or logic Melian does not understand. Borrowed from the character Dee Dee in Dexter's Laboratory

Thank you so much everyone for being so incredibly patient with us over the past year and a half.

Yeah, patience. Definitely the word I would use to describe that. Mmm-hmm. *hides popcorn*

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Guest Anonymous

Egotism - "the practice of talking and thinking about oneself excessively because of an undue sense of self-importance."