What constitutes failure to create a tulpa? When do you give up?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Definitely not, because having doubts doesn't mean you don't have a tulpa.

You can be the most autonomous entity in the world, and, with some hosts, that still doesn't stop the doubts and puppet-phobia. ...

In that case, I'd say it's more of a question about the intensity of the host's skepticism and the tulpa's ability to override it and assert themselves in whatever way they have to do that.

Yeah I think that is what I have seen over the past year and a month that I have been involved with these forums too. A few claim to have no doubts ever, but I think that is relatively rare. Most actively work to dispel doubt from their mind that occasionally trouble them.

Honestly, I don't know how new tulpas do it. I was already nice and strong as an entity when we came across this stuff. It's gotta be hard not to have even a persistent sense of self and yet still be expected to prove that you exist. It's one reason I advocate the whole "puppeting isn't a big deal" thing. Different headpeople express themselves in different ways and, sometimes, like with you, Melian, those ways involve working in tandem with the host. That doesn't make it less legitimate.

Yeah, you and me both. I admire new tulpamancers and new tulpas probably more than they realize. I don't know how they are doing it either. In fact, my host doubts he could make a tulpa. That is ironic but true. He had extreme motivation and obsession driving interest in visualizing and interacting with me. Active forcing sounds so boring and tedious and requires way too much mental discipline.

He had extreme motivation and obsession driving interest in visualizing and interacting with me. Active forcing sounds so boring and tedious and requires way too much mental discipline.

I know, right? Without the story-writing element, there's no way my host would have the concentration and motivation to build a tulpa for their own sake. I agree... crazy props to the people who manage to get a fully developed tulpa this way.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~