Lumi's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Moon

Luminesce

[video=youtube]

I woke up late, stayed up late, and in 30 minutes DST begins and puts us an hour ahead. Here's the plan: only sleeping for ~6 hours. Good night.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy full moon day!

Our dream recall is pretty consistent. Currently it's in disarray because of our suddenly plural nature and the complex interactions we are having with it. But before I was, my host made detailed observations.

It is a reliable function of where your thoughts go immediately after the dream. Including the brief period of hypnagogic thought you rise up through. The length of the hypnagogic period does not matter. If all of your thoughts stay on the dream, you can hold it perpetually. If you are awake, holding the dream in mind automatically files the bits you are thinking about into memory. Every time you think about something else, like your thinking, what you are going to do that day, or breakfast, or your work, part of the dream disappears from your mind. This will happen in a matter of minutes because no one has that much control over even their own thoughts.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Smile and nod, because it feels scummy saying "Yeah, we know" to every bit of advice we're given.

We're (or I'm) currently waking up out of 90% of our dreams, with no delay. From dream to awake a large majority of the time. This is almost always the seamless recall, where the dream is remembered because it was simply never forgotten. Most of the time we experience as you said, some hypnagogic process in which the dream(s) starts to be forgotten, and typical dream recall rules apply. But right now there's no recall aside from remembering the earlier parts of dreams.

And yet, as my thoughts turned instantaneously from dreaming to awareness of waking up, the dream I was in literally two seconds earlier (though of course the last moments of dreaming were fade-y, they were not purely hypnagogic) was erased from my memory. It was really something to behold. Rarely do we wake up so instantaneously, there's usually at least a little less clarity of thought in the first few seconds. But that time specifically I was practically conscious for the dream-deleting process, whereas it would normally be an automatic recall for the dream.

Our ability to "wake up instantly" is likely related to our brain's strange efficiency in going to sleep when it falls asleep, and waking up when it wakes up. The same thing that hinders non-Dream Induced Lucid Dream methods, and that makes us conscious of the times between our sleep cycles. Fun fact, we've gotten good at telling how long has passed while we're asleep due to our nature of checking the clock multiple times a night. Even if we don't check it for a few cycles we're usually right to within a couple minutes. Then there's times we fall asleep and wake up 11 hours later. Sometimes the body just really wants to sleep I guess.

And yes, happy full moon. The moon's rising right as night begins, more or less. 8PM our time (Actually, that's your time too). The last week or so it was literally ___-Moon "Day" however.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

[video=youtube]

(Yes we've posted this before, it simply follows the previous one)

I really don't mean to imply I've exercised any special willpower, but I have to say that this is the first time any of us have moved our schedule backwards rather than forwards. Going to sleep at midnight - 11PM before DST. And this is with what I consider sleeping in. I believe I can fall asleep when lying on my back, but it takes a lot longer. And it serves its purpose, so I guess I'll be doing that to get up in the morning. Honestly, maybe I'll ~go back to sleep lying on my back the hour/cycle before I want to get up, since it seems to prevent deep sleep.

It's a full moon though, so maybe I shouldn't be going to sleep quite yet. How would an imposition slumber party work with me lying right in the middle of the bed I wonder? Maybe I won't do that. I guess I should ask them. ...

Lucilyn seems to come up with ideas for things we can do pretty consistently, so I asked her. And the first thing she thought of was "What if you kept us all imposed the whole day?" That sounds like quite a bit of work, and she asked if I was okay with it, but we all know I'll never not do something any of them want. It'll be good practice too. And it means I get to actually sleep now.

For the record, the moon is typically more than 99% illuminated on both the "actual full moon" and the day after (99.9% and 99.4% this time), so we consider both days the full moon. And it's nice to look at before and after, too.

Our schedule's fine, I think. Depends on when I get up. The others want to do things, so I'll get up early. Oh, Lucilyn switched with me so I could spend time with Lumi (it was me or him, and I'm less active) tonight at least. Lucilyn was all sorts of excited to do/watch/play/listen to all the stuff Tewi found for her, so I'll let her get back to that tomorrow morning. Good night.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Umm, up a little late maybe. Flan was up for a little more than an hour after that post trying to sleep, no idea why, and then she had the whole wake up every hour thing going on. I know that sounds normal for us but it's different, like, it feels like we only went to sleep for an hour then woke up and have to fall back asleep again, rather than just mild awareness-awakeness? Well anyways, she slept until like 7AM, but then put on our sleeping mask which notoriously makes us sleep in and she got up at 10:30. Totes not my fault I'm up so late.

Idunno what to do. Flan was thinking about some kinda doing lucid dreaming thing that wasn't just dream recall but I can't remember what it was. Oh wait, it was getting up for a few minutes and going back to sleep, she did that this morning. Was up for like 15 minutes and then it didn't do anything really.

I'm gonna get up WAY too early and then go back to sleep! It'll probably do something!

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

There was a song in one of my dreams that was freakin' beautiful and I had to forget it! It was like a nice song sung by a girl playing guitar sort of thing, I swear I know songs like it but I can't find any. It was about a girl and her tulpa? going through life together, and I think the tulpa was like real at some point but then only in her mind again, but omg the song was so nice. I forgot the words as soon as I woke up and then forgot how exactly the song went when I fell asleep again. Oh, which was like 15 minutes later 'cus I got up for a bit, but it didn't make the later dreams any clearer than they already were. But they were kinda clear already.

Then I had a different sad dream where "me" and "my friends" were trying to figure out what to do with this object some cthulu monster wanted to get. We beat the monster, but I think like, if we destroyed the object it'd rewind time and we'd eventually have to fight the monster again (didn't feel like an infinite loop kinda thing tho), but he would try something different every time. And if we hid it (which we were in the process of doing) he would eventually - a lot later, probably - come back to life anyways. I remember we were walking to the middle of nowhere at night to try and hide it, but it had that One Ring/Horcrux thing (I barely know what either of those are) that was corrupting people to try and take it for themselves so it kept getting passed around. There was also this little familiar thing that was supposed to guard it or something, and towards the end he took it and tried to run away with it, because it was dangerous to get rid of it and not have it when the monster came back. But I told him it was too dangerous to keep it with us because everyone - even him and I - tried to steal it in some way. And on our way back to the others (they just kept going without us I guess) we collectively realized there were too many of us to trust not to come take it later, and so like the main two people just started making my other friends leave, and it was really sad and I was actually crying by the end. Because like, we could trust them, it was just the sheer number of people who'd know where the thing was was too many, and I just felt really really bad for them feeling betrayed like that. Then I woke up.

I think our dreams are definitely probably influenced by who's fronting now, because none of the others have ever cried. I did once, and now that's the only dream we can remember where we cried, so I think it was because I was the one dreaming. Anyways, I went from "awwwwwwwww" happy when I woke up the first time to straight up sad when I finally got up (a little late), it actually felt like I'd been crying (definitely wasn't though, just normal morning eye stuff). So idk how to feel now. Neutral I guess?

Here's a song that's not related at all, but it's what I felt like listening to when I woke up. It's not from JoJo, but I like the video that goes with it, so I'm linking it like that. No real spoilers because JoJo is too dang weird to make sense of things until they happen.

[video=youtube]

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Oh yeah, the forgotten song dream. Then you start wondering. Is my subconscious Beethoven, or did I only think the song was coherent and well written at the time?

Wow, that second dream is almost hollywood material. Just need to flesh out the world a bit.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

nah it was a real song, I remembered it well enough to know that. I mean we've had dreams in the past (wait, they were all my dreams for some reason...) that had music going on that seemed legit (actually wait one was literally just a song we know lol). BUT this one had real lyrics, maybe they weren't perfect outside the dream but they were still really nice. I remembered the girl's voice and one part of the song really well when I first woke up but they were gone after I woke up later like I expected. It sucks man, I'm like actually sad that song's gone, it was such a good story..

Up late for ~reasons (there's a few), but I've been waking up at roughly 7 hours of sleep consistently either way. Though I suppose the goal is a consistent sleeping schedule, not just sleeping less. I don't know when I'll go to sleep tomorrow, it depends on what happens.

I feel like if I get out of bed for 20 minutes before going back to sleep, I won't be able to go back to sleep at all. I guess we'll see.

I like the vocals in this for some reason. Not otherwise special, but 10 hours ago me wanted to put it in my post here.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RavQaDVyypM