How to Visualize in First Person

Breloomancer

Question

Please note that the following tip was written with the intention of being used by the person in a system who is currently switched in, and as a result would probably not be very helpful if you are not switched in.

A surprising number of people when visualizing have difficulty getting into a first-person perspective, instead they are stuck in a third-person perspective, controlling their form from a distance.

For those of you who are stuck in third person and would like to go into first person, I have a solution. Instead of trying to go into the form that you have already imagined, temporarily get rid of that form and move around your visualized field of view at the elevation that your form would normally stand. After you get comfortable with that, imagine having feet beneath you and make your vision bob up and down slightly as you walk. As you get used to that, try adding more body parts until your form is fully constructed around your perspective. It is best to take this process slow so that you are less likely to meet intrusive thoughts blocking you from your goal and so that you are able to get more acclimated to visualizing like this.

If this process doesn't work on your first try then try again, this time doing it a bit more slowly and maybe meditating beforehand.

Submitted for tips & tricks

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Can't believe that I forget to change the spelling of field after piano mentioned it.

I'm not saying that it's not possible to use the perspective of someone who isn't fronting, just that such a thing is out of the scope of this tip, and I haven't made any attempt to make this tip be helpful for such a thing.

The main problem that people have with going into first person is that when they attempt it, they get thrown back to third person. Basically, the problem is a very specific and very common intrusive thought. I find that easing into something typically doesn't trigger intrusive thoughts as much as rushing into things. Furthermore I don't think this has much to do with skill in visualisation, it's just about ability to combat intrusive thoughts

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Thank you for submitting your guide for peer review.

This guide is very short and sweet, straight to the point and doesn't hold back. It's quite a simple and efficient trick from the looks of it, thought as Ranger stated, it could potentially have trouble for tulpas with forms that aren't human/bipedal. That being said, as you replied to Ranger early on in the thread, this guide essentially involves "rebuilding" your form to fit the switched human perspective. You explain it well to the point where the user has the creativity to experiment with it and use it in the way they want to, and utilize it the way that works best for them.

My only clarification that could assist with the guide is explaining what you mean by "intrusive thoughts." Is it wandering thoughts that get you sidetracked, or some sort of doubts that can occur about rebuilding the form?

+1 for approval. The grammar could be worked on, but it isn't essential for having it approved unless if it's completely unintelligible. Touch it up and you're good to go.

Simple and to the point. We've always had the opposite problem, where we tend to accidentally switch to a first person view when we're fronting and have trouble changing to a third person. I don't know how directly our experience can verify this trick, but I can say that the general process he describes in removing your form in order to swap to first person does describe the things we do by accident when we swap to first person unintentionally; the fronter's form vanishes. In fact, the later steps in this guide of building up form-related sensations and movements is one of the things that we have done in order to work in the opposite direction, to have a third-person view. So I'd say that the approach of not trying to introduce those until you have a good first-person perspective going already is probably a good idea.

Approved. I don't have any issues with it and to the best of my knowledge it seems like it should work.

Radical Dreamers system includes:

Jester of Doom, host

Fox, 9 year old tulpa made by Doom

Tiger Valkyrie, 1 year old tulpa made by Doom

Kitsune in Yellow, 1 year old tulpa made by Fox

Voice of Planet, 1 year old tulpa made by several members

This tip is clear and concise, and I have no criticisms of the method. I personally wouldn't change anything apart from the grammatical errors that were pointed out

Approved