I'm not sure if how I hear my tulpas voice is correct.

It sounds exactly like my own, quiet and in the back of my head. I can only hear her when I really focus on listening, and I feel sometimes I accidently parrot her responses. It's because her talking is very quick and very far back under my mental "layers" of voice and is hard to hear. Im not sure if this is promising, or is actually my mind voice having like multiple layers if that's normal?

It's totally normal for a tulpa to have the same voice as you. After all, it's the voice your mind is used to thinking with. She can practice a different voice to use instead, and practice will also help her voice sound stronger or clearer. Here's a resource that my systemmate made for exactly that, you may find it useful.

Yes, that's good vocalization. Sometimes i can barely hear Ashley because her 'voice' is soft, i know it sounds odd.

The trick is now to stop doubting it, and that's hard sometimes.

Definitely keep a journal, they're so much fun to read later.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Guest Anonymous
      By Guest Anonymous
      I keep reading, especially on the IRC that certain users have had trouble getting their tulpa's voice to sound different from their own. So far its just a wait and see kind of event. Hoping and praying that the voice will start to sound different. I did not do this.

I am going to tell you something that every other guide has told you not to do, ever. That if you were to do what I say then some unholy god/admin from the mighty tulpa overwatchers will smite you. This is not true.
      I am going to tell you to parrot. That's right you are going to move your tulpa's lips like a puppet.

This is not a requirement but I suggest that you fully visualize you'r tulpa before you begin Voxxing. (That is the word for Forcing a voice) If you can fully visualize and render your tulpa before you begin voxxing it will be much easier as you can get down the lip and jaw movements.

In your head you will need to sound out some phrases and stories. It doesnt matter what it is as long as you can remember it and repeat it over and over again. Go ahead and say this phrase to your tulpa and have him/her repeat it. Here is the tricky part. Imagine the voice you want your tulpa to possess. It will sound weak and hazy, not very strong like the voice you already have in your head. This is ok. Keep doing this and continue to focus on the voice.

This is the longest step of this process is that which seems like no progress is being made. It took me personally six hours for the process to begin to work. The voice will start to sound more clear and profound. Now you might think it may be easy to mix up signs of sentience with this. Its not. When your tulpa becomes sentient his/her voice will be able to talk over yours. Like a friend talking to you. It is very distinct and the only way you can not notice it is if you are completely doped up. Even then Its hard. I know.

After you are able to get this voice solid and firm enough you can continue onto narration, or personality if your a stiff.. Have your tulpa repeat what you say every so often to keep the voice in your head. I did this and I was able to skip all of the horrible hassle of trying to deviate my tulpas voice from my own. Also her voice may deviate from the original, my tulpa has.

ENJOY
    • By Lucilyn
      This discussion originated from the thread Did I give the right answer? -Cat_ShadowGriffin

the "controlling" is somewhat unconscious I guess, just.. like if you imagine something (visualize) totally made up, you're doing that, even if it can happen/continue really naturally, like that

tulpas just have a little more going on y'know
    • By Kalushar
      Recently, I’ve been feeling head pressures, which I believe to be my Tulpa gaining sentience. However, as of late the feeling has been weaker and I don’t feel it as much. I was wondeing what this might be and what I could do to fix it.
    • By Carlos
      I have a romantic relationship with my tulpa, but I would like to feel the emotions of love that she feels for me (I guess this is related in some way to the sentience)
      She is not vocal yet, she has a certain level of judgment and I communicate with her through music, but I want to communicate in other ways with my tulpa so that she can transmit me the emotions of love she feels for me. How else can I communicate with my tulpa?
    • By Cat_ShadowGriffin
      Last night, Ranger wanted to chat again and I asked if he wanted me to explain some Calculus concepts to him. He expressed interest in fronting during class time, but he was dormant for most of my time in calculus class so I wanted to make sure he was up to speed. Since he knew I figured out something I was confused about, he asked me to talk about the vectors problem I did during my homework.

I was experimenting with the idea of explaining this concept to someone else before Ranger asked for my explanation, so I went with telling him the explanation I already came up with. He told me my explanation didn't make sense to him and he asked for me to use "layman's terms". After going back and forth a few times, I finally showed him that vector addition resulted in the destination point after moving in the direction of the first vector and then in the direction of the other vector. Suddenly everything clicked, and he told me that it made sense to him.

On the first day of class, one of the reasons Ranger was a little uncomfortable was because he never took notes, much less learn Spanish in school before. He was capable of note taking the way I did it, but this bothered him. When we went over the homework the next day, he perked up and seemed more engaged when he gave suggestions for how to organize the notes. I bet he would have been happier if he had a note taking system he had to craft and tweak over time, and I have the feeling our note taking style will change throughout the semester so he's more comfortable with it.

In the past, Ranger has also explained that he likes my brother re-explaining things to him because he said even though he understands "how" or "what", he doesn't know "why". I wonder if this too is about learning the information for himself. Literally, he could explain "the why" if it's a simple fact. Then again, he currently isn't looking for a deeper explanation for why the sky is blue.

Re-learning how to do something isn't always valuable for a Tulpa. For example, Ranger learned how to speak English and write using knowledge I already learned, muscle memory, and accessing my memories. But if a Tulpa is asked to explain something as complex as calculus, do they really have the greatest understanding of the material just because their host understands it?

My ultimate question is this: Even though Tulpas are capable of gaining information and knowledge from their host's memories, is it better if they take the time to process certain things for themselves?