Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Doubt can be a difficult thing for beginners, but it seems like if you keep working at it, you'll figure out how to deal with it. Generally, with time, your tulpa will become more vivid, and it'll be easier to believe their responses and see them as distinct from your own. Time solves a lot of issues like this. Here's something Sands wrote that might help you, a different way to look at things.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Dracky, thank you for your answer!

Another question... What was the thing that ensured you it's your tulpa speaking to you? I mean, surely all of us had doubts for some time when creating the tulpa... And I'd want to know after what you could finally think "yeah, damn, it's my tulpa!"

I'm extremely skeptical by nature, so I had tons of doubts and nearly gave up several times because of it. I know it's frustrating when you feel like you're talking to yourself, and sometimes it feels like the whole thing is just an exercise in self-delusion. If you keep at it, eventually, you should get a response that feels different from parroting or stray thoughts. It might be words, or a jumble of images and feelings that just seem to come from nowhere.

For me, that "wow" moment came when I had a song stuck in my head, and I got an irritated "Knock it off." I asked her to sing me something to help me get the song out of my head, and she randomly started singing a song that I haven't heard in years. Since then she pipes up constantly with comments on whatever I'm doing at the time, offers unsolicited advice about things, and just generally acts like a nuisance benevolent (and lovely) muse.

I wanna see movies of my dreams.

It's totally possible in the sense that your tulpa could communicate with other tulpas through you either online or, I suppose, in person. We have several tulpas here that communicate with the community and each other via possession or proxy typing.

If you mean "meet" as in interact directly with another tulpa inside another person's mind then no, that's not possible.

I wanna see movies of my dreams.

It's totally possible in the sense that your tulpa could communicate with other tulpas through you either online or, I suppose, in person. We have several tulpas here that communicate with the community and each other via possession or proxy typing.

If you mean "meet" as in interact directly with another tulpa inside another person's mind then no, that's not possible.

You sure of that? Heh. Just wait until your tulpa meets my Jackie Chan tulpa.

Dipping back into the thread to ask:

During the creation phase, is it beneficial at all to passive force raw thoughts at your tulpa, instead of taking the effort to put those raw thoughts into words? Like, sending your tulpa images and emotions instead of actually conversing. (And I'm not asking if it's okay to do it exclusively -- just if doing so once in awhile is a wasted effort or not.)

Sharu (host) || Arro (tulpa)

Dipping back into the thread to ask:

During the creation phase, is it beneficial at all to passive force raw thoughts at your tulpa, instead of taking the effort to put those raw thoughts into words? Like, sending your tulpa images and emotions instead of actually conversing. (And I'm not asking if it's okay to do it exclusively -- just if doing so once in awhile is a wasted effort or not.)

It won't hurt, but it probably will take longer to get your tulpa vocal if you don't use words so often.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

In my own personal opinion, I think that raw thoughts are more beneficial on the level of developing sentience and, well, cognitive capacities, I guess. I'd encourage it.

Tulpish is a base for communications. It's not exactly a developed way of speaking to your tulpa, but it does help with just plain getting responses from them. You should move onto actual vocality when you feel comfortable with tulpish, ie can get emotional responses that feel as if they're from your tulpa.

Some people get good enough at tulpish/mindvoice that they never really bother with vocality, and are content to stick with feelings and intent-reading. That's kinda boring IMO, but it's no different than having a tulpa without a form or something. Whatever works for you.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic